Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Are we just trying to piss off barca or something?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Can't imagine he joins he club that's not playing UCL as he wants to win the Ballon D'Or. Let's be real, he might go on for a while but with 34 every season could be the last before a steep decline. That's probably also why he wants out of Bayern now at any cost.

Teja

Yes. I imagine they have. Quite a lot gets made up at this time of year. We sell papers/get clicks.
Right after we threatened to walk away from the FdJ deal on fees and said we have alternate targets :-/

Sparky Rhiwabon

I’ve been predicting this for a while - a much more “us” move than Darwin Nunez. Maybe a bit early in Lewa's career for us though, give it a year or two.

copen1945

Get a brain and come back with logic when you discover what it is. Whichever club you support....reveal that on here....it's a rule.
I have thought there is a weird bunch at RAWK. They have wrapped their self-esteem so much around the club that they had to resort to poetry and else when things were patently going wrong, especially because of those at the club. The muddled thinking, measuring everything according to the past, etc. Apologies for not having enough intelligence to think that past great players are infallible and that being a pimp is a thing to be admired. I trust Neville can count on you as a subscriber to his youtube channel. He needs the money and audience when, as a sign of growing pains, Erik encounters trouble during his first season, and his videos will bleat on about things not sufficiently of the United way. Meanwhile, I hope we spend galaticos money to assemble a squad of quality and move up the table to the top.

Anderson_7_

L'Équipe reporting PSG are interested. Nasser has to be trolling at this point.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Him and ronaldo in a 442 with a combined age of 70 leading the line :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Its our way of making sure we get a decent deal with Barca with Frenkie. You have reports leaking out that PSG etc are interested in Frenkie too. I bet it originates from some anonymous Catalonian source.

We will only get Lewa if we have blown out the transfer budget for other positions. Then it is still cheaper to pay an exorbitant salary to a Lewandoski.

justsomebloke

Signing Lewandowski would be the very definition of a clueless transfer policy. He is exactly what we don't need and can't really accomodate, and we are exactly what he doesn't need. The only way you can plausibly fit Lewandowski into a plan for how to get from where we are now to where we want to be, is by having no plan. Or at the very least, by getting rid of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Trex

Signing Lewandowski would be the very definition of a clueless transfer policy. He is exactly what we don't need and can't really accomodate, and we are exactly what he doesn't need. The only way you can plausibly fit Lewandowski into a plan for how to get from where we are now to where we want to be, is by having no plan. Or at the very least, by getting rid of Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Sun linked him to us, they just sit on their desk and make up stories, nothing to see there.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
he offers a little bit more movement than Ronaldo.

justsomebloke

he offers a little bit more movement than Ronaldo.
Sure, I'd take the swap, seen in isolation. But he's still the wrong player to replace Ronaldo with, if we replace Ronaldo. Because we're really not the sort of team to provide a world-class striker with the sort of service he needs in the dying years of his greatness, and the last thing we need is an unhappy, under-performing megastar.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern signing Mané without selling Lewandowski first and United and Barca seemingly not getting closer regarding FDJ makes me think that there actually is the possibility that Lewandowski is staying.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Bayern signing Mané without selling Lewandowski first and United and Barca seemingly not getting closer regarding FDJ makes me think that there actually is the possibility that Lewandowski is staying.
May be different on your side, but in the combined Munich local news, which have articles about Lewandowski, his Dog, and what does Sepp f***ing Herberger think of the transfer 5x a day each, there has been no mention about any United Connection, ever. A bit of Real, but 99% Barca.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
May be different on your side, but in the combined Munich local news, which have articles about Lewandowski, his Dog, and what does Sepp f***ing Herberger think of the transfer 5x a day each, there has been no mention about any United Connection, ever. A bit of Real, but 99% Barca.
I didn‘t mean that United is in for Lewandowski but that United buying FDJ would enable Bar a to offer more money to Bayern.

croadyman

I didn‘t mean that United is in for Lewandowski but that United buying FDJ would enable Bar a to offer more money to Bayern.
Yeah our De Jong money is key to this deal and partly towards Raphinha too I reckon

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Barca can't do anything till they have concluded their TV money deal. I think they'll have to do so till the end of the month. Thats when we'll find out where Lewa is going to play next season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Is there any chance of Chelsea hijacking this deal? It just makes sense especially if barca come up short in meeting Bayern's demands.

Would fill in that lukaku slot nicely.

SinNombre

Unfortunately I expect there to be traction in this thread.

At least he will be a slightly better fit than 37 year old Ronaldo who is the worst striker for an ETH team in terms of pressing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lewa isn't giving up guaranteed success and the CL for us. What a stupid rumour.

red thru&thru

Why would he want to come to us? Especially without CL football? We need to bring in younger player to replace CR7.

Status
Not open for further replies.