Roberto Firmino, the most overrated player in the Prem.

Stacks

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty much any time he’s mentioned by either a teammate or an opponent or someone involved in the game it’s to wax lyrical about him. He’s often widely praised as the either the best footballer or the most important to the way the team functions.

Back in around 2016/17 when we were more a top 4 challenging side I often wondered why we didn’t just play him behind the striker and whilst it was obvious he was a good player I always wanted a more classical striker. I couldn’t be more of a fan of the way he’s developed and come on since then and my appreciation for what he does has increased massively. I didn’t realise just how instrumental he was to the entire team shape and set up of the side.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For those defending his goals record by saying he’s in the team to do other things, he’s had the third highest amount of shots as any player in the league this season. And hasn’t scored at home.

Tonight was yet another example of yet another nothing performance from him by the way, as was the game at Goodison. The less he scores, the better the rest of his game seems to be rated. Mané and Salah are better at the ‘other stuff’ too.

KennyBurner

For those defending his goals record by saying he’s in the team to do other things, he’s had the third highest amount of shots as any player in the league this season. And hasn’t scored at home.

Tonight was yet another example of yet another nothing performance from him by the way, as was the game at Goodison. The less he scores, the better the rest of his game seems to be rated. Mané and Salah are better at the ‘other stuff’ too.
Keep fighting the good fight. The guy is a so overrated.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

And yet if you take him out of the team the difference is noticeable.

He’s had an awful season in front of goal but I still see him as an essential component of our team. We don’t have anyone else who can play that role and we’re about to win the league with him playing that position for most of the season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
And yet if you take him out of the team the difference is noticeable.

He’s had an awful season in front of goal but I still see him as an essential component of our team. We don’t have anyone else who can play that role and we’re about to win the league with him playing that position for most of the season.
Will be a nice change for him!

RedNed77

Klopps very good at making good players look world class. As much as I dislike him and his club, you’ve got to give him that unfortunately. How many of his Dortmund players looked like worldies playing for him in his system, then when they got a big move just looked meh.

I thought Coutinho was overrated too, he moved on and it’s proved to be so.

If Firmino moves on for big cash I could see him flopping wherever he goes. Very good player in the system he plays in, as an individual footballer? Decent and not a lot more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems like he’s got massively complacent in this side. Think he knows he’s got no competition and they don’t play as well without him up top.

while he always works hard and links up well his finishing has been awful recently.

HJ12

Long may the delusion continue. The longer they keep him in the side as their main striker (can he still be called a striker?), the better for the chasing pack.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
His biggest quality has always been his pressing. He also knows how to open space for others with his movement and is a good passer. That’s all been key for the way they want to play.

He’d look worse in another system, for sure.

Fits their team perfectly. Would he be any good elsewhere? Unlikely, but they scored 89 last year and are on for similar this year. He's doing the job hes asked to do extremely well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But stats like these are alright, because Mohamed Salah has a freakish 103 goal contributions in 118 games

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One of my scouse mates compared him to Bergkamp earlier in the season...
That's funny, because Bergkamp had an equally shit goalscoring record at Arsenal.

But of course, since we're only rating Firmino by his goalscoring, Bergkamp must be overrated as well right?

Reddevildans

Fits their team perfectly. Would he be any good elsewhere? Unlikely, but they scored 89 last year and are on for similar this year. He's doing the job hes asked to do extremely well.
I think this is true for many of the liverpool players .I.e Henderson. The system fits them in well and credit has to go for klopp for that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Behave yourselves, for fecks sake. Comparing Roberto Firmino to Denis Bergkamp. :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Second striker is the most accurate description of his role.
Fair but he was mainly a creator than a goalscorer. He got more assists than he scored goals

Anyway yes its not a good comparison.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Behave yourselves, for fecks sake. Comparing Roberto Firmino to Denis Bergkamp. :lol:
Firmino has a better goals + assists per game record than Bergkamp. Since all the talk over here seems to be about his lack of goalscoring, it's fair to compare that to past greats to get some perspective isn't it?

Jonno

Firmino's goal per game in Liverpool is considerably higher than Bergkamp at Arsenal
really cool of you to dig stats out.

the big teams score more goals now than they did in Bergkamps era, and generally get more points. That’s just a sign of the times, it’s not because Liverpool are any better than Arsenals 98 team, for example. I’ll pull some stats out, Arsenal got 78 points that year and we’re an incredible team. Are they not as good because their stats weren’t as good?

Skeezix

So he is the new Bergkamp???

Firmino is the one Liverpool player I didn't want from the start when the press rumours were linking us with him. (I wanted Mane, Fabinho and Van Dijk when there were links with us before their Liverpool moves.)

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Fair but he was mainly a creator than a goalscorer. He got more assists than he scored goals

He had 87 goals and 70 assists in the prem (317 appearances), Firmino has 56 goals and 39 assists in 172 appearances. Firminos record is better in that respect.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

He is a poor man's Benzema. Thinking about it I'm pretty sure that I called him the best in his role when Benzema is clearly better, that was a weird take.

Jonno

Firmino has a better goals + assists per game record than Bergkamp. Since all the talk over here seems to be about his lack of goalscoring, it's fair to compare that to past greats to get some perspective isn't it?
if 1998 Arsenal were in this league, they Too would clear 100 points and score a shedload more than they did in the 1990s. You probably believe that if Liverpool break cities points total they’re the greatest PL side ever, yeah?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Firmino hasn't scored in Anfield throughout this season. Liverpool's next home game is the final one against Chelsea