Goals: 22
Assists: 16

Season Performance Breakdown:

International Stats:
Hasn't been capped yet

Clubs Interested:
- Chelsea

Below is his last goal of the season:

Here is the standard "best of" youtube video for this season, please note a few weeks out of date.

Media Reports:
Mirror - Chelsea want Firmino

Last edited:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He looks absolutely brilliant every time I watch Hoffenheim, and has the numbers to back it up over the season.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Does he have eu citizenship?
Surely with no caps and the fa saying that too many players get through on appeal its going to be diffucult for chelsea or any other english club to sign him?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Does he have eu citizenship?
Surely with no caps and the fa saying that too many players get through on appeal its going to be diffucult for chelsea or any other english club to sign him?
That's a good point! I know a whole host of clubs are after him, there were 13 scouts at one game alone watching him a few months back. He signed a new contract a month ago but there are strong rumours it was signed to include a buyout clause. There will be strong interest around him this summer.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
That's a good point! I know a whole host of clubs are after him, there were 13 scouts at one game alone watching him a few months back. He signed a new contract a month ago but there are strong rumours it was signed to include a buyout clause. There will be strong interest around him this summer.
Just checked and does not currently have an eu passport so not sure how likely a move to england will be

Tarrou

Yeah we need more number 10's.

He's quality though, and very consistent lately. It's about time he was called up.

Brightonian

Not at the moment.......but i would sell Nani, Young and Valencia in the summer

But of course we need to sort out first a few other positions
All wingers, so not really relevant. Anyway, the point is that we don't have to buy every good player. It would just be nice if one of these threads wasn't immediately full of 'omg buy him'.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't Hoffenheim play a very attacking style last year? I know that they had a very high number of goals conceded and scored. Interesting to see how much of an effect that had on his stats.

Annahnomoss

Brazil needs him, he'd turn their incredibly boring style to Joga Bonito again. Him and Neymar together with full freedom would be. :drool:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Didn't Hoffenheim play a very attacking style last year? I know that they had a very high number of goals conceded and scored. Interesting to see how much of an effect that had on his stats.
Yeah, last season was crazy gung-ho. They have a much better balance in the team now though, scored 13 goals and conceded 7 in 9 Bundesliga games, and they're still unbeaten.

The stat above his contribution is highly influenced by yesterdays thrashing of FSV Frankfurt, a team fighting against relegation in the 2nd Bundesliga. He had 2 goals and 2 assists yesterday in that 5-1 win, so saying he had a hand in 5 of Hoffenheim's last 7 goals isn't that impressive anymore. His overall numbers are down this season. He's still playing very good though and deserved the call up for the nationalteam.

Drifter

American
His goal awareness is uncanny.Sign him before Barca gets him.

bucky

All wingers, so not really relevant. Anyway, the point is that we don't have to buy every good player. It would just be nice if one of these threads wasn't immediately full of 'omg buy him'.
Thing about him unlike Mata or Kagawa, he doesn't suffer from being played wide. He's also exactly the sort of player van Gaal likes, plays for the team first and foremost, is hardworking and has a lot of individual quality on top of that. He's definitely a player we should be looking at.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think he was linked with Dortmund as a possible Reus replacement. Can't remember if that was just random media speculation or something with substance though.

PvsNP

Thing about him unlike Mata or Kagawa, he doesn't suffer from being played wide. He's also exactly the sort of player van Gaal likes, plays for the team first and foremost, is hardworking and has a lot of individual quality on top of that. He's definitely a player we should be looking at.
Definitely. If Falcao's spell here doesn't live up to the expectations, we should get Firmino. He'd be a lovely second striker, I reckon.

Annahnomoss

Definitely. If Falcao's spell here doesn't live up to the expectations, we should get Firmino. He'd be a lovely second striker, I reckon.
He's played on the left wing, the right wing, as a striker and as an AM so it wouldn't be far fetched that he already is a quite proven lovely second striker. I would have him here in an instant, he deserves to play for Brazils NT and it is their only way to recreate some samba with him, Neymar and +1.

anchan1989

He had 28 scorer in 33 Bundesliga games last season. Hoffenheim owe their great start to the season in big parts to him.
Not the best scorer start but he makes their play.

I think he was linked with Dortmund as a possible Reus replacement. Can't remember if that was just random media speculation or something with substance though.
SportBild had that story, for sure. Could be something there. Hoffenheim will ask a huge price so.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
hard working? doesnt suffer from playing wide? interesting.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
If you are trying to be smart, at least say something useful.
how often did you actually watch him? I am not watching Hoffenheim on a daily bases, but everything I saw from him is almost exactly the opposite of what you said. I am just wondering how you come to your assessment.

He is not hard working, showed some character flaws in the past (might have worked them out) and is best in a free role in the middle of the pitch. He is also a very direct player, who can be fairly wasteful with possession (=not a LvG player). I see quite a few similarities between him and Mata (when he played for Chelsea pre Mourinho). At his best, he can do fantastic things with the ball, but thats only one side of the story.
Considering the failure of Mata and Kagawa for United I wouldnt necesarily fancy him as the player "that we should be looking for", especially if you are looking for winger/wide men.

Sooner or later a big club will go for him him, but its a risky move. Complete failure is a real possibility. United is a tough environment at the moment; lots of pressure and the team is in transition. I could see him getting frustrated fairly easy.

bucky

how often did you actually watch him? I am not watching Hoffenheim on a daily bases, but everything I saw from him is almost exactly the opposite of what you said. I am just wondering how you come to your assessment.

He is not hard working, showed some character flaws in the past (might have worked them out) and is best in a free role in the middle of the pitch. He is also a very direct player, who can be fairly wasteful with possession (=not a LvG player). I see quite a few similarities between him and Mata (when he played for Chelsea pre Mourinho). At his best, he can do fantastic things with the ball, but thats only one side of the story.
Considering the failure of Mata and Kagawa for United I wouldnt necesarily fancy him as the player "that we should be looking for", especially if you are looking for winger/wide men.

Sooner or later a big club will go for him him, but its a risky move. Complete failure is a real possibility. United is a tough environment at the moment; lots of pressure and the team is in transition. I could see him getting frustrated fairly easy.
Well then we disagree and I don't need your condescending tone. I've watched him quite a bit. How is he not a team player? For an attacking midfielder he puts in a good number of tackles, something which Kagawa and Mata never did. Currently he's averaging 3.1 tackles this season and he had similar numbers last year. His defensive contribution was notable in my eyes. I've also seen him play wide last year and there wasn't much between his performances there and in the centre. I also read about his character flaws in the past, but they also seem to be a thing of the past. Hoffenheim don't play possession football, so you can't actually tell if he would be wasteful playing for van Gaal as it could be down to their system and style. The last bit you wrote about it being a risky move and him getting frustrated easily is something which you can't know really.

Brightonian

........ say what?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Realistically, he will probably look for another club if/when Hoffenheim don't make the CL and he is definitely a CL quality player that could immediately help any team outside the biggest boys. Maybe Dortmund should take a shot at him, regardless of whether or not Reus leaves. He seems to have matured some in the recent years - one of the biggest reasons for Hoffenheims recent success - and Klopp might just be able to give him a final polish.

Devil may care

Why would Chelsea want him? If we are really interested then surely we can beat the rest of that lot to his signature unless money isn't a motivator for him.

Tarrou

A friend of mine who supports Hoffenheim said that it's written in his contract that if they don't qualify for the UCL he can leave for 28 million euros, but if they do he gets a pay increase. No idea if this is just speculation or fact, but the price seems quite realistic in todays market.

Devil may care

I was watching the Bundesliga review show tonight and he got a couple of good goals against Frankfurt this past weekend.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
That was against 1. FC Köln. ;)

Yesterday was the first time he featured in the Brazilian National team, came on as a sub against Turkey!

Devil may care

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/535611/Man-Utd-Arsenal-Liverpool-Chelsea-Roberto-Firmino

MANCHESTER UNITED have won the race to sign Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea target Roberto Firmino.

According to reports in Spain, the Red Devils have had an offer of £20m accepted by his club Hoffenheim, and the Brazilian will put pen-to-paper on a long-term deal ahead of the January transfer window.

Firmino, an attacking midfielder who can also ply his trade on the wing, had been attracting interest from numerous teams across Europe, but now looks likely to become Louis Van Gaal's first signing of the winter.

The 23-year-old was linked with a move to both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich over the summer, and will be hoping that he can win over the Old Trafford faithful as United look to make a late surge for a Champions League finish.

Van Gaal is also keen on signing at least one new central defender, whilst also plotting a bid for a left-back to challenge youngster Luke Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.