Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudo_canadian

The same half who were defending Moyes to the hilt, and blaming the lack of quality in the same team that won the EPL when Moyes was the only change from the previous season.
That was baffling to me, something I never understood. The team walked the league the year before and people are trying to tell me they all suddenly turned into shit players but the one guy that came in to the club as the only real change had nothing to do with how poorly the team was doing?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That was baffling to me, something I never understood. The team walked the league the year before and people are trying to tell me they all suddenly turned into shit players but the one guy that came in to the club as the only real change had nothing to do with how poorly the team was doing?
Brainwashed by the press. Along with the fact we already knew our midfield was a bit wank.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Moyes was rubbish. With that team we should have finished 4th at worst. The press and some of our fans were too eager to see the Chosen One do well they turned on our players. RVP won us the league with his goals. there should never have been doubts about him being our best striker.

NMF

Moyes was rubbish. With that team we should have finished 4th at worst. The press and some of our fans were too eager to see the Chosen One do well they turned on our players. RVP won us the league with his goals. there should never have been doubts about him being our best striker.
Not to mention he used him like Anichebe.

markhrad

Amen

lalloyd

I've never doubted RVP's quality but last season he was poor and the team looked better without him. That sentence doesn't discuss why he was poor or the fact that Moyes was responsible for sucking almost every bit of quality out of our team. But it was plain for everyone to see that he wasn't himself. Last season I was calling for Mata to be played in the hole (he is definitely our best number 10 IMO) and Rooney to be played at CF in front of RVP. I still stand by that, Rooney looked a lot sharper. RVP is certainly a better CF than Rooney but for whatever reason Rooney was better last year and I felt that there was only room for one of them to play. I am absolutely delighted that he has a spring in his step again and he will be our main man this year as he was in 12/13 but I will disagree with anyone who thinks that he was playing well enough to merit an automatic start in the CF position last year.

RedStarUnited

I've never doubted RVP's quality but last season he was poor and the team looked better without him. That sentence doesn't discuss why he was poor or the fact that Moyes was responsible for sucking almost every bit of quality out of our team. But it was plain for everyone to see that he wasn't himself. Last season I was calling for Mata to be played in the hole (he is definitely our best number 10 IMO) and Rooney to be played at CF in front of RVP. I still stand by that, Rooney looked a lot sharper. RVP is certainly a better CF than Rooney but for whatever reason Rooney was better last year and I felt that there was only room for one of them to play. I am absolutely delighted that he has a spring in his step again and he will be our main man this year as he was in 12/13 but I will disagree with anyone who thinks that he was playing well enough to merit an automatic start in the CF position last year.
Well he was still scoring at a good ratio and Rooney wasnt.

Zii

Thought I would say that I have been promoted, didn't even realise I had any comments liked!. Van Persie is playing fantastic and seems to really love playing with a fast winger, hopefully Adnan or a new winger will keep him in top form for the next season.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Rooney was better in the first half of the season when Robin was injured.

Neither were very good second half and both got injured.

Firstouch20

He is so physically strong these days. His hold up play was immense in the second half against two physical Australian defenders. He did one backheel to depay in the second half that had my jaw on the floor.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Thought I would say that I have been promoted, didn't even realise I had any comments liked!. Van Persie is playing fantastic and seems to really love playing with a fast winger, hopefully Adnan or a new winger will keep him in top form for the next season.
I agree, he just loves holding the ball up and playing one of the wingers in behind their back 4 and he's so good at it. Signing someone with blistering pace like a Griezmann or someone similar would be great. We've not had a proper, consistent goalscoring winger since Ronaldo. Front 3 of RVP, Januzaj and Griezmann now that would be something! :drool:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
IF moyes had been staying I would have sold him. He clearly wasn't playing fir the manager
Unfortunately for us we employed a manager who managed to alienate large swathes of the personnel in our club including our world class striker. Thankfully that man has been fecked off and RVP remains and. more than likely, is going to set the PL on fecking fire again next season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Unfortunately for us we employed a manager who managed to alienate large swathes of the personnel in our club including our world class striker. Thankfully that man has been fecked off and RVP remains and. more than likely, is going to set the PL on fecking fire again next season.
Oh yeah, he looks like he would run through brick walls for LVG. I think injuries permitting, he's going to have a brilliant season next time

RuudTom83

He is a top tier player and is looking very sharp at the moment.

I hope LVG can kill any bollocks surrounding RVP/Rooney next season, we have seen during this WC how the press have created an absolute mountain of stories from almost nothing concerning Rooney. I know LVG will have lots of test to overcome as Manchester United Manager, but dealing with RVP/Rooney will be the first hurdle he has to cross unfortunately.

goldenstatesplash

'Yes Batman' :lol:. Methinks he was saving himself for the World Cup looking at how sharp he is at the moment. Can't help but think he was a big instigator of the animosity of the dressing room toward Moyes. Class act of a footballer though.

Bwuk

Going to stick money on him being the leagues top goal scorer next year. He just loves a goal when playing under LvG.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Going to stick money on him being the leagues top goal scorer next year. He just loves a goal when playing under LvG.
He's going to have 30 with Mata playing every game behind him :drool:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why did he get yellow card yesterday, I missed the second half?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why did he get yellow card yesterday, I missed the second half?
Hit one of the Australian players in the face with his hand whilst his arm was out when they were running for the ball. Little bit nasty but eh, fiery spirit and all.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Hit one of the Australian players in the face with his hand whilst his arm was out when they were running for the ball. Little bit nasty but eh, fiery spirit and all.
:lol: Don't let the United vision tint you, Robin is a top footballer but can be quite petty and spiteful on the pitch IMO, seen it a few times, but I think as you said most top players have an element of that, I suppose it's pressure where the line between WC and very good are so fine.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: Don't let the United vision tint you, Robin is a top footballer but can be quite petty and spiteful on the pitch IMO, seen it a few times, but I think as you said most top players have an element of that, I suppose it's pressure where the line between WC and very good are so fine.
He definitely has previous. Was it for us in SAF's final year? I think it was on Cabaye he came out with a flailing arm.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He definitely has previous. Was it for us in SAF's final year? I think it was on Cabaye he came out with a flailing arm.
can't recall an incident, but I remember him being similar when he was at Arsenal and something happened with Moyes I think it was? Anyway, as said, all top players have a bit of this IMO, very few that don't.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Robin is definitely a nasty bastard. I always admired his class as a footballer prior to joining United, but I still hated him. Since I signed, I love it, because he's our nasty bastard, and I quite like seeing him have a go at opponents. A well balanced team needs to have a few bastards. I think we could do with a couple more.

NMF

can't recall an incident, but I remember him being similar when he was at Arsenal and something happened with Moyes I think it was? Anyway, as said, all top players have a bit of this IMO, very few that don't.
Van Persie's always been a bit of a cnut particularly when his frustrated.

legball

He's laughably good, United fans being their self righteous self, wanting him to be sold last season was funny. You don't sell your best player because he isn't laughing with everyone on the field of play. He's had a bad season but he outscored Rooney who we were led to believe was having a great season. He scored 3 goals that ensured Moyes stayed a little longer in his post, not playing for his manager my foot. They are professionals who have self pride, once they pull on the shirt they always want to give their best [if nothing, for the good of their career] and this is true for almost every footballer.

Shark

@NotShark
He'll do an Ibrahimovic and still destroy teams when he's a bit more into his 30's. Barring any major injuries of course.

ricky-romeo

cantona, keane, even rooney and ronaldo can be that sometimes(not to a cantona or keane extend of course but still).

one or two world class bastards are good to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.