Robin van Persie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
surley will leave in the summer.
am i correct in thinking he only has a year left on his contract
will he "represent value" to SAF.

I think he would link up brilliantly playing right up top with rooney in behind. Also he could play in behind welbeck or hernandez. He can be trusted in big matches which doesnt seem to be the cae with berbs. Fergie likes his 4 strikers.

what do we think?

Varun

Staff
They'd never sell to us. Dont think SAF would be willing to spend the 25mil or so he'l go far anyways.

Guy Incognito

He's gone.

Surely if there's any chance of him staying, he wouldn't have delayed his contract negociations this long.

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
It's my understanding that we've asked to be kept informed of his situation at arsenal, which is interesting but I can't imagine us getting him. Everyone will want him.

Lance Uppercut

In theory I would like him here, but I wouldn't want to lose Welbeck or Hernandez. He would surely stifle both of their development.

RedLars

It's my understanding that we've asked to be kept informed of his situation at arsenal, which is interesting but I can't imagine us getting him. Everyone will want him.
Just gave SAF a quick ring and he confirmed that this indeed true.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You shouldn't be passing off the stuff from M16 twitter's account (or if it's your account, then fair enough)

Brophs

The One and Only
If they don't get into the CL we should go after Wilshere in the unlikely event we could turn his head.

acrebo

City feels nailed on to me personally. Tevez goes, RvP arrives. Arsenal have become their feeder club anyway and City are prepared to pay the silly money that Arsenal desperately need.

Him, Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko. Not too shabby.

Man-United

I wonder where Arsenal would be without him this season. He's a fantastic player, any team in the world would love to have him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Arsenal wont ever sell to us, they showed that with Nasri in the summer.

For what it's worth I dont think RVP will go anywhere, he's loyal and has no affiliation for a certain Spanish side. He'll stay at Arsenal until Wenger replaces him (which will be in 2 or 3 years anyway) and then probably go to someone in Germany

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
If the Arse don't finish in the top four i can see us making a cheeky bid for both Wilshere & RVP.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He would score an insane amount of goals here. Can't see it happen though.

But I'll say this; I don't think Nasri would recommend City very highly.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He will be on City's radar when Tevez leaves even though they could easily get by without another forward. I could also see the likes of Inter and Real Madrid being keen on him although the lack of CL football at Inter (likely) won't do them any favours in this race. Maybe Chelsea will try to get him but they're not the most attractive destination these days either.

Donut

I'm not sure if we need him, but Fergie is a known admirer and he is a fantastic player, so he might give it a try.

But Van Persie seems like a loyal type, and while he will probably want to leave, he won't want to join Arsenal's rivals, so he'll probably move abroad.

Oggmonster

Arsenal wont ever sell to us, they showed that with Nasri in the summer.

For what it's worth I dont think RVP will go anywhere, he's loyal and has no affiliation for a certain Spanish side. He'll stay at Arsenal until Wenger replaces him (which will be in 2 or 3 years anyway) and then probably go to someone in Germany
It depends how he sees his career going. As things stand his highest ever honour as a player is an FA Cup, it's hardly a great career in England for someone that good. He could go to Spain or Italy (or even another english club) and win more than he probably will at Arsenal so it is a dilemma for him.

I don't buy in to this that's he's hugely loyal either, fair enough he stayed at Arsenal but has there ever been offers for him? I'm sure people may have made enquiries but up until now he's had a while on his contract so Arsenal have had the power to keep him. It must be hard for him, when he joined they had a good squad which quickly seemed to disappear and he's still there.

The main problem for him in my opinion is that where would he go? The only two clubs I could see being realistic buyers are Madrid and City and neither really need him, that's not saying they won't buy him but he'd not be played like he is at Arsenal though that might not be a bad thing with his injuries worries (which in fairness haven't cropped up in a while but must surely by due soon!)

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
i cant see him going to spain. madrid are likeley to be managerless. not sure he'd fit in at barca. think the dutch maffia may put him off spain
i think bayern could be a likeley destination, possible italy which would mean if we where interested.....we'd be the "biggest club" in for him.

i dont see it hindering welbeck or hernandez. competition makes em better. i dont want welbeck and hernandez in our first team in 3 years time because they've come through the ranks......i want them there because they are good enough.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Real being managerless won't stop them from signing Van Persie and he would be a better fit for Barca than Villa would perhaps.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I wouldn't want him to leave the EPL and would rather him stay in England.

The league has already lost Ronaldo, Fabregas to the spanish league so i'm all for keeping our major players in England.

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
You shouldn't be passing off the stuff from M16 twitter's account (or if it's your account, then fair enough)
It's not from me. I've got no link to the club. It's from someone who has who told me about fletcher's illness before it was public knowledge. I'm not trying to appear in the know. I haven't got a fecking clue what goes on at united.

The suggestion that he wouldn't come here is guesswork on my part. If we were the only club interested then I think he'd consider it but surely every big club in Europe would want him. He's been the best player in the prem this year and feck knows where arse would be without him.

I'm not M16, although I do follow him and when he said it it confirmed what I'd been told. I think he's one of the few people on twitter who does actually know some of what's going on.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
How long is left on his contract? Am I right in thinking it will be just a year left in the summer?

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
Real being managerless won't stop them from signing Van Persie and he would be a better fit for Barca than Villa would perhaps.
it wont stop them going for him but he may stop him from wanting to go there........it would me. No top player would sign for a club when the manager is unknown.......unless he's only concerned with ££££ whic i dont think van persie is.

Which again make us making a move more likely

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why would Real be managerless when Mourinh has apparently already announced his pre-season plans to his players and intends to remain there for another season?

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We can dream...

I think he'll leave England which will be another tragic loss to the EPL which is running low on absolute world beaters...

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
it wont stop them going for him but he may stop him from wanting to go there........it would me. No top player would sign for a club when the manager is unknown.......unless he's only concerned with ££££ whic i dont think van persie is.

Which again make us making a move more likely
He wouldn't move to Madrid for the manager or the £££ but rather the glamour and the prospect of playing at the highest level in Spain, kind of like Ronaldo who moved to Madrid without a care for who the manager was.

Even in England we are behind City when in the betting stakes

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why would Real be managerless when Mourinh has apparently already announced his pre-season plans to his players and intends to remain there for another season?
Because the press said so and they always print the truth.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why would Mourinho spend money on him just to unsettle Benzema or Higuain. Benzema has all the attributes to be better than RvP and Higuain is a natural goal scorer. Both of them much younger than the Dutchman.

Nah. They don't need to buy drastic yet. They'll have to replace Carvalho with someone. At the moment they can't buy a player without selling someone. That someone will be Kaka. Won't be replacing him with a striker.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Either of the Spanish teams at it will be scary as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.