Gaming Rocket League

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Everyone, epic made it f2p.

I am playing it on my switch and finding it a lot harder than on PC do even do basic stuff. Can't work out why but I think it might be input lag with the wireless controller and potentially also my TV. Anyone else found the same for console vs pc?
i got it on both PC and PS4, both the slightly different controller layout (Nacon on PC vs. PS4 original) and the sightly different reaction to controls make it very hard to switch between both, so i play exclusively on PC.

Ranking up in a new season is more fun than ever, ftp means one meets almost exclusively only supernoobs and nutcases in the bronze, silver and gold matches...

Chairman Steve

I remember when I used to genuinely enjoy this game, but literally every game I join now is mid-game and already losing 4-0 to some lame clan tryhards.

Would do anything to play my 4v4 matches without being at a disadvantage of playing against some clan all the time.

Jacob

Need somebody to carry me to star-level. Currently stuck on Gold 3, been touching on star many times but I end up getting paired with imbeciles at the wrong time.

Jacob

I'm at around diamond 2-3, wouldn't mind having people to play with.
I suspect we would play against players that are on average better than me but worse than you?

If you're patient with me I'm down to play, I'm online now. Although I don't do voice chat and I've disabled text chat. Hope that works.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I suspect we would play against players that are on average better than me but worse than you?

If you're patient with me I'm down to play, I'm online now. Although I don't do voice chat and I've disabled text chat. Hope that works.
You play against people at the highest rank in the party, so if I'm higher we meet people at my rank.

Can add you later when wife has headed to bed. :)

Jacob

Don't you worry, the imbeciles are on at any time
I had one voting to forfeit after going 2-0 down in the first 30 seconds. Ridiculous.

Turned a 0-4 to 5-4 in 90 seconds the other week. Anything can happen.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I had one voting to forfeit after going 2-0 down in the first 30 seconds. Ridiculous.

Turned a 0-4 to 5-4 in 90 seconds the other week. Anything can happen.
Yeah, they miss out on the best games by being such whoppers

wr8_utd

:'(
Just started playing this and it's a ridiculously difficult game. Makes facing legendary Pele and Maradona on FUT seem like a piece of cake.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sorry for the hopefully simple question and bump, but wondering if anyone can help me.

Currently playing this on PS4 with my 7 year old. I have PS online account, he just has an offline one so that he can play along on games.

However, whilst I can unlock and customise stuff on my car, he’s still got the minimal selection and can’t use anything I (we) unlock.

Is there a way around this or does he have to have his own online (and paid I assume) account?
To answer your question, yeah, he'll need his own online account to unlock new content, but he'll also have to party up with you through his own copy of the game rather than locally on the same device. If you're playing via splitscreen multiplayer, then you'll be the only one gaining any XP or progress towards items.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
To answer your question, yeah, he'll need his own online account to unlock new content, but he'll also have to party up with you through his own copy of the game rather than locally on the same device. If you're playing via splitscreen multiplayer, then you'll be the only one gaining any XP or progress towards items.
Really? I thought both players unlocked stuff in splitscreen?

Wait what kind of account? Just a "Player 1" account?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There should be no reason why you cant both unlock stuff.

Has he got a grownup account of a child account? If its a child account maybe thats why he can't unlock stuff because of regulations against loot boxes. But he should still earn normal ""unlockables"

I play with my son all the time, we play online together splitscreen
Really? I thought both players unlocked stuff in splitscreen?

Wait what kind of account? Just a "Player 1" account?
That's what I want to know as well. Typically, when you do a local splitscreen on console, you have a "<Player 1>(2)" name for the 2nd player. I haven't seen any instance of a splitscreen multiplayer where the 2nd player logs in with their own account, not even in Remote Play via Steam.

muller

Cheers for the replies. That’s frustrating.

Sounds stupid butit’s quite fun playing with him but annoying we both can’t have fully customised cars etc.