Gaming Rocket League

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm 6 pints deep and just had an unreal game. 3-2 down and lofted the ball in to the middle with 4 seconds to go for a teammate to equalise literally on 0 seconds. Then I scored 10 seconds into overtime.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Ridiculous pricing for the blueprints. Not gonna fly.
I don’t know i was warming to the idea of getting these two items, one i have wanted FOR TIIMMEE, and it would cost £20 maybe with abit of spare change. Least i know what i’m getting!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't get the system that's replaced crates.

Also how annoying is it when the ball is on the wing and instead of your team mate going for it the greedy cnut just moves to the middle?

I've had some incredibly shit teammates lately.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Also how annoying is it when the ball is on the wing and instead of your team mate going for it the greedy cnut just moves to the middle?

The Blueprints are even worse. I hate how you have to randomly discover them before purchasing the item. Why can't I just browse the whole catalogue?

Also, solo queueing tends to be a pain. You expect your teammates to do one thing whilst your teammates expect something else from you. Your best bet is to play conservatively and aim to protect your goal instead of being more cavalier. If you find a team that you're compatible with, then you can open up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Blueprints are even worse. I hate how you have to randomly discover them before purchasing the item. Why can't I just browse the whole catalogue?

Also, solo queueing tends to be a pain. You expect your teammates to do one thing whilst your teammates expect something else from you. Your best bet is to play conservatively and aim to protect your goal instead of being more cavalier. If you find a team that you're compatible with, then you can open up.
It's those that are just plain bad that are the most annoying. Desperate to get a meaningless touch on it as you're lining a shot up, not chasing balls on the wing, or committing so you let them have it but constantly missing the ball.

I find I'm best playing aggressively but with good positioning, and I always get back fast, sometimes stay back if it calls for it but fly up the pitch if it's looking promising. Just scored 7 in one with bang average teammates and got an epic save to boot.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's those that are just plain bad that are the most annoying. Desperate to get a meaningless touch on it as you're lining a shot up, not chasing balls on the wing, or committing so you let them have it but constantly missing the ball.

I find I'm best playing aggressively but with good positioning, and I always get back fast, sometimes stay back if it calls for it but fly up the pitch if it's looking promising. Just scored 7 in one with bang average teammates and got an epic save to boot.
It seems like you need (an) equally competent teammate(s) to party up with. You will have a tough time finding smarter teammates at lower ranks (they will all be up at the higher ranks, anyways). I'd volunteer, but after the last time we played together, you'd have to worry about facing higher-ranked players.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It seems like you need (an) equally competent teammate(s) to party up with. You will have a tough time finding smarter teammates at lower ranks (they will all be up at the higher ranks, anyways). I'd volunteer, but after the last time we played together, you'd have to worry about facing higher-ranked players.
I’m a fair bit better than then! Had only been playing it a few days. Be up for giving it another go soon.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive

Mate. Need to play with me. I dabble between PS4 and PC/laptop.

I listen to electronic music and just vibe out playing it. Had an awesome teammate last night and we were in total sync.

Had others that were shite but I just adapted to their shite style and tried to stem the flow of goals

Also keen to see your progression. You were solid for someone that had played a few days if I remember rightly. I’m up to C1 now and happy

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yep, what time? I’m playing 5’s after work till 9pm tomorrow. Could manage half 9ish?
I just realised I'll still be at my Dad's after watching the game then probably. Might be able to get on a bit after.

Be wary of the matchups, especially against parties. (@VeevaVee)

If our times ever intersect (probably during the weekends), I'd be down for a few games, too. I'm curious about both of your progresses.
Be up for that

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Be wary of the matchups, especially against parties. (@VeevaVee)

If our times ever intersect (probably during the weekends), I'd be down for a few games, too. I'm curious about both of your progresses.
I plan on using my other account if we play on PC, think it’s D1ish.

My PS4 account which I don’t play as much now is D2/3 I think.

@VeevaVee ler me know if it’s ps4 or pc you play on

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just on a team that equalised with 1 second to go. Overtime kicks off but then for some reason inexplicably restarts a few seconds later, at which point the ball rebounds off one of my teammates, straight in to our net. Cheers Rocket League.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Has it changed again? Not played for ages. Everything feels a little slower and heavier
They changed the default camera settings and controls in the most recent update.

Link: https://www.rocketleague.com/news/patch-notes-v1-74-march-update/

THE HEADLINES
  • Blueprints can now be traded in
  • Some default settings under Camera, Controls, and Interface have changed
  • Added Dynamic Range controls to the Audio menu
  • Spike Rush added as a Mutator preset
NEW CONTENT

General
  • Ignition Series Blueprints will be available as drops after select Online Matches starting on March 11, 2020 at 10 a.m. PDT / 5 p.m. UTC
CHANGES AND UPDATES

Blueprint Trade-Ins
  • You can trade in five Blueprints for one random Blueprint of the next-highest rarity
    • All five Trade-in Blueprints must be from the same series
      • The Blueprint you receive from the trade-in will be from the same series
    • All five Trade-in Blueprints must have the same rarity
  • To trade in Blueprints
    • Go to the Blueprints tab in your inventory
    • Click the left stick (or right-click with mouse) on one of the Blueprints you want to trade in
    • A new window will appear displaying all Blueprints that match both series and rarity
    • Select the remaining four you want to trade in
  • Black Market rarity items are included in the Blueprint trade-in system
    • Five Rare Blueprints = One Very Rare Blueprint
    • Five Very Rare Blueprints = One Import Blueprint
    • Five Import Blueprints = One Exotic Blueprint
    • Five Exotic Blueprints = One Black Market Blueprint
  • The Blueprint you receive has a chance to be Certified, Painted, or drop as a Special Edition
  • Learn more about building Blueprints here

Default Settings
    • These changes will only occur if a player has never changed a default setting to a custom preference
  • Camera
    • Default Camera Preset
      • Distance increased to 270 (was 260)
      • Stiffness increased to 0.5 (was 0.3)
    • “Legacy” Camera Preset added
      • Legacy uses the original default settings
    • Camera Shake intensity reduced for most actions
  • Controls
    • Default Controller Deadzone value reduced to 0.2 (was 0.3)
    • Default Dodge Deadzone value increased to 0.8 (was 0.5)
    • Button Bindings list re-ordered to show most important controls at the top
    • Controller Vibration
      • Reduced the intensity of vibration on the “Default” setting
      • On “Default” and below, Boost now only vibrates the controller when activated
      • Players can still use “Medium” or “Heavy” to replicate the old vibration settings
  • Interface
    • Nameplate Mode
      • Default setting now makes nameplates Always Visible.
      • Previous default now called “Nearby Only”
    • Team Colored Boost Meter is now enabled by default

Audio (Dynamic Range)
  • Dynamic Range settings are now available in the Audio menu
  • Settings
    • Default: Best for most players, these settings carry over from before today’s update
    • Low (Night): Best when playing at low volume, in a loud environment, or on low-quality speakers
    • High (Theater): Best when playing at high volume on high-quality sound systems

[PC] DirectX 11
  • DirectX 11 is now enabled by default for all players on PC
  • You can see our refreshed minimum and recommended PC specifications here
  • To opt out of DirectX 11, and revert to DirectX 9:
    • Open Steam
    • Right-click Rocket League, select Properties
    • Choose Select Launch Options under the General tab
    • Paste in -dx9, select OK
    • Start Rocket League
  • To change back to DirectX 11, remove -dx9 from the Select Launch Options window, and select OK
General
  • Inventory management: Any selected filters will remain active until you exit your inventory or trade window
  • Added a “Blueprints” button in the Garage menu
    • This button is a shortcut to Garage > Manage Inventory > Blueprints
    • The number of Blueprints in your inventory will be displayed on the button
  • Added support for Discord Rich Presence
  • [Nintendo Switch] Transparent Goalposts added under Options > Video
BUG FIXES

General
  • Fixed a bug causing the Rank/Division down notification to display after a win
  • Esper’s front-left wheel no longer clips through the wheel support
  • Fixed particle dispersal on Flash Freeze Decal
  • Archive button no longer appears at the bottom of the Blueprints tab
  • Yaki wheels have been adjusted to face the correct direction
  • Player Rank after using Quick Play no longer displays the incorrect Rank
  • Fixed a bug keeping multiple Supersonic Fury and Chaos Run achievements/trophies from unlocking when using items purchased from the Item Shop
  • Fixed appearance of the Soft Edge Decal on Chikara, Chikara G1, and Chikara GTX
  • Inventory filter no longer resets after previewing a revealed Blueprint

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They changed the default camera settings and controls in the most recent update.

Link: https://www.rocketleague.com/news/patch-notes-v1-74-march-update/

THE HEADLINES
  • Blueprints can now be traded in
  • Added Dynamic Range controls to the Audio menu
NEW CONTENT

General
  • Ignition Series Blueprints will be available as drops after select Online Matches starting on March 11, 2020 at 10 a.m. PDT / 5 p.m. UTC
CHANGES AND UPDATES

Blueprint Trade-Ins
  • You can trade in five Blueprints for one random Blueprint of the next-highest rarity
    • All five Trade-in Blueprints must be from the same series
      • The Blueprint you receive from the trade-in will be from the same series
    • All five Trade-in Blueprints must have the same rarity
  • To trade in Blueprints
    • Go to the Blueprints tab in your inventory
    • Click the left stick (or right-click with mouse) on one of the Blueprints you want to trade in
    • A new window will appear displaying all Blueprints that match both series and rarity
    • Select the remaining four you want to trade in
  • Black Market rarity items are included in the Blueprint trade-in system
    • Five Rare Blueprints = One Very Rare Blueprint
    • Five Very Rare Blueprints = One Import Blueprint
    • Five Import Blueprints = One Exotic Blueprint
    • Five Exotic Blueprints = One Black Market Blueprint
  • The Blueprint you receive has a chance to be Certified, Painted, or drop as a Special Edition
  • Learn more about building Blueprints here

Default Settings
    • These changes will only occur if a player has never changed a default setting to a custom preference
  • Camera
    • Default Camera Preset
      • Distance increased to 270 (was 260)
      • Stiffness increased to 0.5 (was 0.3)
    • “Legacy” Camera Preset added
      • Legacy uses the original default settings
    • Camera Shake intensity reduced for most actions
  • Controls
    • Default Controller Deadzone value reduced to 0.2 (was 0.3)
    • Default Dodge Deadzone value increased to 0.8 (was 0.5)
    • Button Bindings list re-ordered to show most important controls at the top
    • Controller Vibration
      • Reduced the intensity of vibration on the “Default” setting
      • On “Default” and below, Boost now only vibrates the controller when activated
      • Players can still use “Medium” or “Heavy” to replicate the old vibration settings
  • Interface
    • Nameplate Mode
      • Default setting now makes nameplates Always Visible.
      • Previous default now called “Nearby Only”
    • Team Colored Boost Meter is now enabled by default

Audio (Dynamic Range)
  • Dynamic Range settings are now available in the Audio menu
  • Settings
    • Default: Best for most players, these settings carry over from before today’s update
    • Low (Night): Best when playing at low volume, in a loud environment, or on low-quality speakers
    • High (Theater): Best when playing at high volume on high-quality sound systems

[PC] DirectX 11
  • DirectX 11 is now enabled by default for all players on PC
  • You can see our refreshed minimum and recommended PC specifications here
  • To opt out of DirectX 11, and revert to DirectX 9:
    • Open Steam
    • Right-click Rocket League, select Properties
    • Choose Select Launch Options under the General tab
    • Paste in -dx9, select OK
    • Start Rocket League
  • To change back to DirectX 11, remove -dx9 from the Select Launch Options window, and select OK
General
  • Inventory management: Any selected filters will remain active until you exit your inventory or trade window
  • Added a “Blueprints” button in the Garage menu
    • This button is a shortcut to Garage > Manage Inventory > Blueprints
    • The number of Blueprints in your inventory will be displayed on the button
  • Added support for Discord Rich Presence
  • [Nintendo Switch] Transparent Goalposts added under Options > Video
BUG FIXES

General
  • Fixed a bug causing the Rank/Division down notification to display after a win
  • Esper’s front-left wheel no longer clips through the wheel support
  • Fixed particle dispersal on Flash Freeze Decal
  • Archive button no longer appears at the bottom of the Blueprints tab
  • Yaki wheels have been adjusted to face the correct direction
  • Player Rank after using Quick Play no longer displays the incorrect Rank
  • Fixed a bug keeping multiple Supersonic Fury and Chaos Run achievements/trophies from unlocking when using items purchased from the Item Shop
  • Fixed appearance of the Soft Edge Decal on Chikara, Chikara G1, and Chikara GTX
  • Inventory filter no longer resets after previewing a revealed Blueprint
I'm certain they've slightly changed the speed/acceleration of the cars as well as the steering being ever so slightly different.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm certain they've slightly changed the speed/acceleration of the cars as well as the steering being ever so slightly different.
I used to feel stuff like that in the past, but I'd check the sensitivities and camera settings to be sure. The camera settings affect your perception of speed, and the sensitivities affect your steering perception. Feel free to change those around to make yourself more comfortable.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I used to feel stuff like that in the past, but I'd check the sensitivities and camera settings to be sure. The camera settings affect your perception of speed, and the sensitivities affect your steering perception. Feel free to change those around to make yourself more comfortable.
Could be. But I’m deffo not getting to the ball from the off as quick. Sure I’ll get used to it again though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@Damien I've been thinking about arranging matches with other football forums. Do you think there'd be any potential behind that? Maybe we can set up a tournament across multiple football forums?

Tiber

Old thread but w.e

I missed rocket league when it was on PS+ and never felt like paying for it. But it has now been bought by EPIC and gone free to play. Would you folks still recommend trying to get into it?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s just been taken off Game Pass but is free now. Is it free for everyone or just people that had it on GP?

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
It’s just been taken off Game Pass but is free now. Is it free for everyone or just people that had it on GP?
Everyone, epic made it f2p.

I am playing it on my switch and finding it a lot harder than on PC do even do basic stuff. Can't work out why but I think it might be input lag with the wireless controller and potentially also my TV. Anyone else found the same for console vs pc?

Tiber

Its free on PC and consoles now. Im thinking about giving it a shot for the first time.

GazTheLegend

Its free on PC and consoles now. Im thinking about giving it a shot for the first time.
Absolutely worth it, what have you got to lose? It's much better with newbie friends - in fact that's the BEST way to play so if you know anyone then get them in. Otherwise it's still an amazing game and the closest thing to real football in a game you might ever find (not kidding).

Tiber

This game is hectic as hell. Hardly touched the ball in my first game, ended up scoring 4 times in a 5-3 win in the second. All 4 of them fluky as hell :lol:

Currently playing as an ice cream truck with a clown head on the roof. No idea if the sports cars handle better or if all cars have the same stats

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This game is hectic as hell. Hardly touched the ball in my first game, ended up scoring 4 times in a 5-3 win in the second. All 4 of them fluky as hell :lol:

Currently playing as an ice cream truck with a clown head on the roof. No idea if the sports cars handle better or if all cars have the same stats
They all have the same speed, but the handling and car control slightly differs between different cars. Some cars turn, flip, and roll quicker than others, but the differences aren't huge.