Rodri | Man City player

Hughie77

Another player in an overinflated Market! £62 million to be a bencher, he's not going straight into the side. May well play his way into it?
The prices paid now for even Squad players is really getting out of hand. Expect City now to pay no less than what they paid for this guy from now on. When they go in for a player now it's add another £20 million?

Bojan11

Another player in an overinflated Market! £62 million to be a bencher, he's not going straight into the side. May well play his way into it?
The prices paid now for even Squad players is really getting out of hand. Expect City now to pay no less than what they paid for this guy from now on. When they go in for a player now it's add another £20 million?
Eh?

He’s seen as probably the long term replacement for Fernandinho.

Inter Yer Nan

He’ll get into the team right away. He’s a great player and in this market is a bit of a bargain. If not for a clause in his deal he’d have fetched more.

redIndianDevil

You're absolutely spot on.

We can't move for a MF until we sort out the Pogba bollocks and know precisely what we need, so now not only wil it be a never-ending bollocks until Pogba's finally gone, but it's cost us the chance of getting a decent replacement for him.

Probably only Eriksen left now and it seems he doesn't want to come to OT
What's more tragic is that, negotiations would have been rather easy (may be Rodri's would have been a bit difficult) for these two players.

Pav1878

This penchod has already pissed me off.

Saying Manchester is more blue. Prick

robinrooney

City already replaced Fernandinho and he hasn't even left yet while United still haven't replaced Keane who left 14 years ago

Thunderhead

Supports
City
what's a penchod? I'm presuming dickhead or something on those lines

also his English is bang on, I know it doesn't make a huge difference but being able to speak the lingo should hopefully help him settle a little quicker

izec

what's a penchod? I'm presuming dickhead or something on those lines

also his English is bang on, I know it doesn't make a huge difference but being able to speak the lingo should hopefully help him settle a little quicker
sister fecker. You learn something every day on here

KennyBurner

You look at citys squad and realize that their highest transfer cost 62 million......I just dont know how they keep doing it. Why cant we do that?

norm87cro

Sums them up really. Not impressed. A 60 mil transfer for an unknown DM but since they are the only team keeping the Dippers from winning the Prem I'm not complaining. But I would excpetct them to be in Chelsea's position 5 years from now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Sums them up really. Not impressed. A 60 mil transfer for an unknown DM but since they are the only team keeping the Dippers from winning the Prem I'm not complaining. But I would excpetct them to be in Chelsea's position 5 years from now.
He is only unknown if you don't watch La Liga, you think City will be in Chelsea's position, why?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You look at citys squad and realize that their highest transfer cost 62 million......I just dont know how they keep doing it. Why cant we do that?
They bought all their main players much earlier for bigger fee's. At the time they looked massive (50m for sterling for example) but now that's the norm, prices have practically tripled.

It seems they had a crystal ball, shame we didn't do the same.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Wait till they have to replace Aguero or de Bryune.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Carrick was Keane's replacement.

Not a like for like, but Ferguson did the right thing in not trying to replace Keane like for like.

Hughie77

Eh?

He’s seen as probably the long term replacement for Fernandinho.
Exactly replacement. Not going straight into the side! Is he going to keep Fernandinho out of the side .? So it's a season or 2 with little playing time. £62 million, that's what money can buy , waiting time !

Hughie77

3 quarters of the City fans or more probably haven't even seen him play. Bet when they seen his name thought he was Welsh.

Carloskickaball, signing next, from mars bet they seen him play as well, on YouTube?

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Exactly replacement. Not going straight into the side! Is he going to keep Fernandinho out of the side .? So it's a season or 2 with little playing time. £62 million, that's what money can buy , waiting time !
He's going to be playing a lot more then little playing time. Considering there's two people only for that positions and he wouldn't have joined with little playing time. Fernandinho is 35

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
3 quarters of the City fans or more probably haven't even seen him play. Bet when they seen his name thought he was Welsh.

Carloskickaball, signing next, from mars bet they seen him play as well, on YouTube?
Mate what the actual feck, he had played regularly for the 3 biggest club in Spain? And been bloody good, he will start at least half City’s games, you sound salty as feck tbh. The same things were said about Mahrez.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Carrick was Keane's replacement.

Not a like for like, but Ferguson did the right thing in not trying to replace Keane like for like.
They are/were 2 different types of player? Fletcher was more a replacement for Keane, as was the Brazilian who’s name eludes me, as was Hargreaves.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This penchod has already pissed me off.

Saying Manchester is more blue. Prick
Says a lot about them than us. Their record signing, still taking shots at a club paying in EL.

Wonder when someone will actually say that Manchester is more 'oil' than rain..

B20

Supports
Liverpool
They are/were 2 different types of player? Fletcher was more a replacement for Keane, as was the Brazilian who’s name eludes me, as was Hargreaves.
Different types playing the same position. It was a good move to replace Keane with someone different and try for a new midfield dynamic rather than trying to bring in an inferior version of the same blueprint.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Different types playing the same position. It was a good move to replace Keane with someone different and try for a new midfield dynamic rather than trying to bring in an inferior version of the same blueprint.
United still always has a workhorse.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No United always had a Keane, there was no change of blueprint, if u think Carrick replaces Keane you really don’t understand football, or tactics. Carrick was in the mould of Modric, and Iniesta, they don’t do anything Keane did. Are you serious?

Honestly mind boggled if u think Carrick was a Keane.... Carricks best quality was keeping the ball and seemingly having endless time on the ball. Keane was a ball winner. Get it and use it, and run on. Energetic player, Loved a tackle, loved
breaking up play, wasn’t that creative.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Jesus you're salty.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Very good player, potential to be great. Need another CB along with Aguero replacement and they are pretty much set for the next 5 or 6 years.

Pretty annoying tbh.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
No United always had a Keane, there was no change of blueprint, if u think Carrick replaces Keane you really don’t understand football, or tactics. Carrick was in the mould of Modric, and Iniesta, they don’t do anything Keane did. Are you serious?

Honestly mind boggled if u think Carrick was a Keane.... Carricks best quality was keeping the ball and seemingly having endless time on the ball. Keane was a ball winner. Get it and use it, and run on. Energetic player, Loved a tackle, loved
breaking up play, wasn’t that creative.
Read again before boggling, mate.

I explicitly said they are different types. And that was the good move, rather than going for a like for like replacement.

He was still Keanes replacement, as the midfielder behind Scholes and nailed down that spot for himself well.

Guys like Hargreaves and Fletcher may have been more similar in style, but they weren't the ones who filled the gap in midfield left behind. Carrick did.
Not every replacement is like for like.

No idea what you read really.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
On what planet is he an „unknown DM“? Only because you don’t know him doesn’t make him some benchwarmer. I would have loved my club to sign him.
Check out some Atleti games from last season to check what he does.