Rodri | Man City player

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Deal done in about 20 minutes if compared with out efforts to get the Longstaffs of this world... joke

norm87cro

Serously People who gives a f...? The whole City thing has a explaration date same as Chelsea and we are certanly finishing above Frank and co next season

Bugs Bunny

Supports
Manchester City
Because the Saudi will lose interes like Roman did with Chelsea now
Who is this Saudi you are talking of?

Has Roman really lost interest in Chelsea?

Any evidence that City's Emirati owner is going to lose interest?

Why would it have a negative effect on City if he did lose interest?

ExecutionerWasp001

Who is this Saudi you are talking of?

Has Roman really lost interest in Chelsea?

Any evidence that City's Emirati owner is going to lose interest?

Why would it have a negative effect on City if he did lose interest?
Roman looking to sell the club is a hint he may be losing interest. He's also having trouble with the British government.

If you are allowed to do as you please i don't see your owner losing interest. The whole project is built around winning the CL & gaining worldwide notoriety. Mansour will quite happily keep pumping hundreds of millions into City to achieve his goal. If the outcomes of the current investigations don't go your way though then i don't see Mansour sticking around. If he goes then your revenues will gradually drop to their true level. This obviously has an impact on the signings & wages you can pay which then filters onto the field.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Serously People who gives a f...? The whole City thing has a explaration date same as Chelsea and we are certanly finishing above Frank and co next season
whats an explaration date?

fps

City getting even closer to death by a thousand cuts Pep perfection. How do teams counteract it?

Robbie Boy

Was great again today despite what the bitter beans posters on here will tell you. Definitely a player we should have been in for.

Robbie Boy

I thought he was more comfortable today than vs Liverpool. Annoying how they signed him so easily
I thought he was fine against Liverpool. Think some on here just decided he was shite in that game but every other media source seemed to have positive things to say. I felt that match as a whole was pretty awful, though.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I thought he was fine against Liverpool. Think some on here just decided he was shite in that game but every other media source seemed to have positive things to say. I felt that match as a whole was pretty awful, though.
I don't know about the others but I thought he was understandly more cautious with the ball, with too many back passes. Today was easier for him to carry it forward and spray positive passes

Robbie Boy

I don't know about the others but I thought he was understandly more cautious with the ball, with too many back passes. Today was easier for him to carry it forward and spray positive passes
Oh ok aye. Yeah he was certainly more cautious against Liverpool but again, the match was devoid of quality. There was some hilarious hyperbole on here, posters calling him ‘shite’ etc. You know the usual jealous rubbish. I mean we have Matic....

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He was fantastic in Spain. What kind of player did you think he was? He’s not a water carrying spoiler, he’s actually a very, very good footballer.
I thought he was tidy in Spain, technically good and makes very few mistakes, although I usually only watch the main big games now. Some of his passes today were excellent really good passing range for the position he plays in.

Robbie Boy

I thought he was tidy in Spain, technically good and makes very few mistakes, although I usually only watch the main big games now. Some of his passes today were excellent really good passing range for the position he plays in.
Ah ok, yeah I would have thought it was generally known he had that in his repertoire. He’s an exact mould of a Pep player. Wish United had of went for him.

kouroux

Oh ok aye. Yeah he was certainly more cautious against Liverpool but again, the match was devoid of quality. There was some hilarious hyperbole on here, props calling him ‘shite’ etc. You know the usual jealous rubbish. I mean we have Matic....
Yeah, I think some are just too quick to hate on new players. It's ok to dislike them and wanna see them fail but a line has to be drawn somewhere. Some weird criticism against Ndombele too

Robbie Boy

Yeah, I think some are just too quick to hate on new players. It's ok to dislike them and wanna see them fail but a line has to be drawn somewhere. Some weird criticism against Ndombele too
Yeah it’s strange. I mean it’s great fun to see expensive oppo players fail miserably but making stuff up to critisise them is bizarre.

Rodri and Ndombele were two players I wanted us to sign. Said it loads in the Rice thread last season. I think we will regret not going for either of them as our midfield is badly lacking quality unless the youngsters step up.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Couldn't agree more. A lot of salty comments floating round. When I commented on Rodri I new he was a good player, just surprised how good we’ll in the first game anyway.

izec

He may have been a bit suspect today due to his fouling, but that will vanish in the future once he gets used to the league.

On the ball though and in possession, he is a king. He is so fecking calm and in 99% of the time, he picks the right pass/makes the right decision. Him and Bernardo have been the perfect transfers for City and went under the radar at the time. Rodri will attract a lot of praise in the future, he is one of the best DMs around already at his young age

kouroux

Yeah it’s strange. I mean it’s great fun to see expensive oppo players fail miserably but making stuff up to critisise them is bizarre.

Rodri and Ndombele were two players I wanted us to sign. Said it loads in the Rice thread last season. I think we will regret not going for either of them as our midfield is badly lacking quality unless the youngsters step up.
I was on the Ndombele bandwagon :(