Rodri | Man City player

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Could be out for a month. God, the gods really want Liverpool to win.

thepolice123

His injury could actually force Guardiola to push Fernandinho to midfield and play actual CBs now.

cyberman

I do wonder what he adds to the team. He's not able to get about the pitch quick enough imo

E-mal

Ruben Neves is a far superior player and he'd cost less. Sometimes looking inward in your league can be great gain.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't see what he brings or adds to that team. He's always looked a bit of an odd one out type every time. Maybe he needed a season to bed in and he'll be better next season, but I just don't know if the league suits him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Struggling with the pace of the league imo. Would give him another season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'd happily take him as a Matic replacement

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s just proof nobody really gives a toss about City. He is their record signing, who cost £62.8m but even though he’s clearly been a bit shite, nobody is really bothered about it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They do throw money up the wall without any real criticism. I mean, how much did they spend on that Cancelo chap in the summer ? 50 million ?
No one cares.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They do throw money up the wall without any real criticism. I mean, how much did they spend on that Cancelo chap in the summer ? 50 million ?
No one cares.
It's the same with Keita at Liverpool

Failed transfers only get headlines when the team is loosing, many still have City favourites for the UCL so let's see if their past transfer business gets analysed once the season is done

El Zoido

It’s just proof nobody really gives a toss about City. He is their record signing, who cost £62.8m but even though he’s clearly been a bit shite, nobody is really bothered about it.
To be honest I’d forgotten he existed until I saw this thread bumped.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I absolutely wouldn’t. Guy vanishes in every big game I’ve seen him in.
City in general haven't been great in the big games, which points to a larger structural issue I'd say. Ultimately he's a system player not an individual game changer. When the attackers are pinning the defence back he's very good at sweeping up proactively and piling on the pressure, and he uses the ball well. Against Liverpool a couple of weeks ago for example. In the big games I'd say Gundogan is generally the weak link and the setup is easily exposed, more than Rodri as an individual.

Pep's Suit

Possibly too slow for PL, if anything it should have been Rodri playing in defence instead of Fernandinho.

KennyBurner

he has no steel to him. Fernandinho so important to city all these years. fernandinho could score goals and also stop counters.

Idxomer

He's a light version of Carrick.

I agree that he could work better in a different system.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I haven't been impressed by him in the slightest. Looks bang average whenever I watch him.

Peak Fernandinho was comfortably twice the player this Rodri is.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think people need to give him a bit of a break. Fabinho wasn't the finished article in his first season either. I think he'll come on a lot more next season.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
There is three central midfielders at Wolves better than Neves. Most overrated PL-player I can remember.

But yes, Rodri has not looked good. But there is a huge difference from playing at Atletico Madrid. I would give him a bit more time.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
There is three central midfielders at Wolves better than Neves. Most overrated PL-player I can remember.

But yes, Rodri has not looked good. But there is a huge difference from playing at Atletico Madrid. I would give him a bit more time.
Was he meant to be the next Javi Martinez?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Not as good as?
100m ? That's robbery, no way they'd ask that.
Wolves have a rich owner, are trying to firmly establish themselves as a Europa level team and Neves is the face of the team to some extent. The amount it would take to make them agree to sell is far more than what he is actually worth.

Plus he's actually disappointed me a bit over the last two seasons. He's been good, but Moutinho has been the one running the show for Wolves. He'd be the one all the top teams would be looking at if he weren't already 33.

Ekeke

Not as good as?
100m ? That's robbery, no way they'd ask that.
Dont see why Guardiola would literally say that out loud unless hes been told he costs that amount and isnt interested anymore. Yes its robbery and that was before they signed Rodri, so before corona. But clearly Wolves want a lot for him

Ekeke

Have people not been watching the transfer fees of recent seasons? He would go for that much or thereabouts. Especially pre corona.
If so then why didnt Pep want him at £100 million?

Because he's obviously worth nowhere near that. Wolves just didnt want to sell him unless a club comes in with money thats impossible to turn down.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Rodhri has been worse than Fred in first PL season.

I remember at start of season when they signed him, EVERYONE including MOTD and redcafe pundits was lauding St Pep for being the transfer boss, that only he was capable of unearthing these types of gems, and how City would blow everyone out of the water.

E-mal

Have people not been watching the transfer fees of recent seasons? He would go for that much or thereabouts. Especially pre corona.
I'd thought that 50-60m is a fair deal considering the inflation, epl tax and wannabe big club tax.
No way is anyone paying 100m for Neves, no way!

padr81

Supports
Man City
Rodhri has been worse than Fred in first PL season.

I remember at start of season when they signed him, EVERYONE including MOTD and redcafe pundits was lauding St Pep for being the transfer boss, that only he was capable of unearthing these types of gems, and how City would blow everyone out of the water.
Now Rodri's been poor but lets not exaggerate. Fred had a nightmare first season and was being benched by midtable footballers. Rodri hasn't been great but might adapt despite his lack of agility. He will need quick players around him though.
I've given him tons of abuse on here but many were saying the same of Bernardo after his first season.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Seriously disappointing. Every time he plays it brings it home just how important Fernandinho was in that role