Rojo filmed smoking and playing poker

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Very unprofessional, especially the smoking.

Also, how can these guys still get caught on social media? How hard is it not to film yourself (or have yourself filmed) doing something stupid?

Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo has been filmed smoking while playing poker with friends in breach of the coronavirus lockdown in his native Argentina.
Rojo, currently on loan at Argentine club Estudiantes, was filmed by his brother Franco, who then uploaded the clip into his Instagram account. The video was quickly deleted but not before Argentine media outlets saw it.
The 30-year-old centre-back left Old Trafford to join his boyhood club during the January transfer window but this apparent breach of discipline could land him in hot water.

The gathering of friends around Rojo looks to be a breach of Argentina's lockdown rules, which were recently extended by president Alberto Fernandez until May 10.
A nationwide mandatory quarantine has been in place since the middle of March though some restrictions were relaxed - with people allowed to go within 500 metres of their home for exercise.
However, it doesn't permit visits from other people, certainly in the groups shown in the video.

There have been almost 5,000 recorded cases of coronavirus in Argentina and 237 deaths as of this weekend.

The Argentine was deemed surplus at Old Trafford and allowed to move to Argentina on loan
His brother also got Rojo into trouble a day earlier when he posted an Instagram image of them having a kickabout with friends in the park.
To compound matters, Rojo was wearing the shirt of Estudiantes' rivals Boca Juniors with the name and No 10 of legendary player Roman Riquelme on the back.

However, Rojo has also done some good during the lockdown, delivering food and drink to more than 200 families in his home town of La Plata last month.
link

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
At this point no smoking should be in their contract, if not already. That being said, a lot of people can smoke occasionally and I doubt it has that much effect on them. It's not like the fecker will be playing soon. If he's smoking on the reg then he's a muppet.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Is there any other big club with such an appalling record of South Americans?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Should we call the police or do we wait?

prateik

Dont care about poker.. smoking isnt ideal.. but a lot of players do.. its basically off season..
Breaking the lockdown is the real issue..

I'll be honest.. I cant pretend to be fake mad at something like this.

AaronRedDevil

What a disgrace of a human being. The gaul, the cheek. How dare he. Nearly broke my fecking monocle reading it.

Last edited:

izec

He cleared the ball in his own box with a rabona move at the world cup. Not surprised he has zero discipline on and off the pitch

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
At this point no smoking should be in their contract, if not already. That being said, a lot of people can smoke occasionally and I doubt it has that much effect on them. It's not like the fecker will be playing soon. If he's smoking on the reg then he's a muppet.
I might be wrong but he's been pictured smoking outside a nightclub before too, I don't think it's a one time thing.

Spaghetti

Mom's
He’s not the only non-footballer to smoke.

Who cares? He plays about as much as Janice Battersby

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He’s not the only non-footballer to smoke.

Who cares? He plays about as much as Janice Battersby
It's not the smoking, it's his pig-headed selfishness by flagrantly breaching social distancing restrictions that's the issue.

Web of Bissaka

Are smoking and poker the issues here?

No.
(Not a fan of that two things, but it's still unfortunately legal in majority of places, yet still those are not the main issues here)

Breaking the necessary social distancing policy is the problem.
Sharing it in social media will influence others to do the same, then will escalate the C19 situation even further.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of our most ludicrous signings in an era of poor buys.

izec

I don't get this, what's the problem here?
Probably not much into it, maybe they just don't like it if you wear the shirt of another team in the league. Their direct city rivals and biggest are Gimnasia y Esgrima.

I am pretty sure he was wearing a Barca and PSG shirt last year while at United.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be more bothered by him breaking lockdown than having a smoke.

204Red

Was he winning at poker? What brand was he smoking?
important questions

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If you saw him in that Astana game and were still under the impression he could give a single feck, I don't know what to tell you :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

One of the absolute worst signings we've ever made.

The fact he's still officially a Utd player 6 years after we bought him is embarrassing.

JPRouve

Scout
One of the absolute worst signings we've ever made.

The fact he's still officially a Utd player 6 years after we bought him is embarrassing.
Since I read that in every other threads, I'm starting to question it. :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Nah he's fecking rubbish.

6 years he's been here. 6! :houllier:

Plus I think it's fair to say we've bought an awful lot of shit in the last 10 years or so :lol:
He isn't even in the top 10 and I'm not sure if he is in the top 20 of our worst signings. Which doesn't make him close to be a good or even average one, it's just that the claim has lost its meaning a long time ago, it's a bit hollow.

Just for fun, we signed: Schneiderlin, Darmian, Memphis, Bailly, Dalot, Mkhitaryan, Schweinsteiger, Powell, Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Obertan, Bellion, Alan Smith, Angelo Henriquez, Manucho, Buttner, Anderson, Bébé or Mame Biram Diouf. And I'm not including expensive failed transfers of players that were actually decent like Di Maria, Veron or Lukaku.

SAFMUTD

Who the feck cares, we should extend his loan until his contract expires and we get rid of him. Bump of a player.