Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

TheReligion

Abusive
I think i'm willing to take the risk and presume we will stay around abouts where we are now given how far ahead city and lpool are, after a 200m outlay. Think Timo will go btw, and Puli or ziyech

Unless of course they lose key players at those clubs and dont replace....
You will be in the battle for top 4 with a number of other clubs. A million miles away from City and Liverpool.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Exactly.

I’m not sure why people are buzzing about a reported £200m to spend when they’ve got a lot more work to do that that.
Yeah anyone jumping to conclusions now is being silly. It very much depends on whether the £200m is in on top of what we bring in from sales or not, even before considering what type of infrastructure we have in place to actually bring in those targets.

That said, ITKs are already suggesting the Kounde deal is done, which if true would be very encouraging.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
All I keep thinking about reading these vast sums being spent this summer - and I include us in that as we’ll go big too - is 1) how fecked Arsenal seem to be and 2) how the EPL is just killing other leagues. It’s only going to get stronger.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
All I keep thinking about reading these vast sums being spent this summer - and I include us in that as we’ll go big too - is 1) how fecked Arsenal seem to be and 2) how the EPL is just killing other leagues. It’s only going to get stronger.
Arent the Gooners being given similar money to spurs if the media are true. 150m.

Tielemans and Jesus be a good start to the window for them, tbf

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah anyone jumping to conclusions now is being silly. It very much depends on whether the £200m is in on top of what we bring in from sales or not, even before considering what type of infrastructure we have in place to actually bring in those targets.

That said, ITKs are already suggesting the Kounde deal is done, which if true would be very encouraging.
I also think the notion of transfer budgets is fan fiction. Payments are spread out over long periods and the whole thing is rather fluid. There’s no £200m in cash being given to TT or Ten Hag.

Kounde would be a promising start. Not been following him much lately but highly rated and your number one target. Always think you have to do your due diligence with centre backs coming in to the PL as is the toughest to adapt to in my opinion

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I also think the notion of transfer budgets is fan fiction. Payments are spread out over long periods and the whole thing is rather fluid. There’s no £200m in cash being given to TT or Ten Hag.

Kounde would be a promising start. Not been following him much lately but highly rated and your number one target. Always think you have to do your due diligence with centre backs coming in to the PL as is the toughest to adapt to in my opinion
Yeah agreed. This is tangential at best but I also just hate how salaries are reported on a weekly basis - one thing I strongly prefer about American sports is that they are always very upfront about salaries year over year.

Kounde looks quite the player - probably on balance the second best CB in Spain over the past two years behind Militao. Agreed that adaptation for CBs is difficult (especially as mistakes get exposed more easily) - but I do think to some extent our 3ATB and playing alongside Thiago gives incoming players a shallower learning curve.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

Short arsed fecker though.... Not watched that Gvardiol so no clue on him. Gimenez at Atletico would have been my choice i reckon.

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Interesting to read this thread back, I was always of the opinion some people got overly giddy at the thought that Chelsea were going to dissappear to midtable or even liquidation. Especially once this guy got involved. I mean, you just really had to look at the Dodgers to see what he was likely to do, which is go big for a couple of premium players and then try to integrate youth players, which Chelsea are fortunate to have.

There is a lot of work to do at Chelsea as whilst Roman bankrolled them it was always seemingly in a scattergun sort of manner like £72m for Kepa here, £35m for Drinkwater there and £100m for Lukaku for good measure. As a result they have a very unbalanced squad that needs probably more surgery than people think as getting rid of deadwood isn't easy, especially when said deadwood is on mega money as Utd know.

Thusz that type of scattergun spending on filling holes if one pops up immediately is obviously going to stop, but if he gets the targets right then they could be better off as it may allow their youth players to feel there is a pathway that is backed by the top a little more. In addition, they may finally settle down with a coach for more than 2 years (although amazingly that has seemed to work for them to some extent.)

That said, if Kounde for the sort of figures people are talking around is true, then maybe they'll continue there habit of picking up players that aren't suited.

Personally, I think he is a really bad fit for England as his over elaborate passing and play style at the back, coupled with his short stature is not a combination that makes me think that he is tailor made for the PL. For me he seems a bit too much of a hipsters view of a great CB. Although, tbf, he does have some very good qualities, it is just that I don't see the PL as being his best or even wisest option.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Short arsed fecker though.... Not watched that Gvardiol so no clue on him. Gimenez at Atletico would have been my choice i reckon.
He's 5'11 with excellent aerial stats. He's comfortably better in the air than Azpilicueta.

Gvardiol is 6'1. The key with both him and Kounde is they also have experience playing fullback so are both comfortably moving into wide areas - vital for any wide CB playing behind a wingback. Gimenez is not the most mobile CB and has injury issues - but we could do worse as a replacement for Thiago.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
So the £4.25B is made up newspaper bollocks then.

It's actually £2.5B.

How can you insist on spending of £1.75B. And, if they don't, do they have to give it back?
Don't think it's legally binding but I could be wrong - think it was more a way to filter out unserious buyers. Abramovich (via his proxy the Raine Group) wanted to see detailed proposals for the future of the club.

Reckon we'll learn more about how this has all been structured once it's official - but it's definitely untrue that we are being sold for £4.25B. That is the total financial outlay that Boehly et al are committing to - but it's not the price for the club.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Personally, I think he is a really bad fit for England as his over elaborate passing and play style at the back, coupled with his short stature is not a combination that makes me think that he is tailor made for the PL. For me he seems a bit too much of a hipsters view of a great CB. Although, tbf, he does have some very good qualities, it is just that I don't see the PL as being his best or even wisest option.
Interesting! I actually think he's more or less ideally suited to a wide CB role - I would agree with you that if he's playing in a back 4 though that he might struggle.

Perhaps I'm being a naive optimist but I actually interpreted his potential signing differently - I thought it was a sign of commitment to Tuchel and his preferences for the 3-2 base formation in buildup phases.

Supports
Chelsea
Exactly.

I’m not sure why people are buzzing about a reported £200m to spend when they’ve got a lot more work to do that that.
We're not expecting everything to be solved within 1 window its very much a rebuild that will span a number of years. The bulk should of course go towards the immediate concerns (CBs) and I think the rest will just depend on departures. But we are certainly in need of significant upgrades in multiple positions. If we get it wrong I don't think its a wild claim that Spurs are in a really good place to overtake everyone not named City/Pool.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Officially official now.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Congratulations Chelsea fans.
It is a relief for sure. Always thought it would be resolved, but it wasn’t just the UK government to approve. Getting multiple governments to act quickly and together was an exhale moment. It could have easily gone sideways.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm sure some Chelsea fans, probably not many though, will feel some relief they have finally dissociated the club from Abramovich. A new dawn under owners that hopefully have less blood on their hands.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Exactly.

I said the same about your £300 million for half an entire squad.

Current market values do not allow for traditional fees and up front payments. Especially when you consider the players that you should be targeting cost minimum £50 mil right now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Exactly.

You seem to enjoy being a killjoy in here, even if a lot of what you say is technically true :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm sure some Chelsea fans, probably not many though, will feel some relief they have finally dissociated the club from Abramovich. A new dawn under owners that hopefully have less blood on their hands.
For sure. Not relief, but just satisfied that I no longer have to feel conflicted about my club. Until we find out some shit about the new owners I guess.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Good news, wouldn't be surprised if the £1.6bn is contended again one way or another in the future.

In the meantime better to be sold to private equity than the club folding in couple of weeks. Let's hope they're good owners and succeed like Liverpool rather than us going the way Arsenal have...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good news, wouldn't be surprised if the £1.6bn is contended again one way or another in the future.

In the meantime better to be sold to private equity than the club folding in couple of weeks. Let's hope they're good owners and succeed like Liverpool rather than us going the way Arsenal have...
Yeah but at least Chelsea are out of the conversation now. That fight will have nothing to do with us anymore.

Josh 76

You will be in the battle for top 4 with a number of other clubs. A million miles away from City and Liverpool.
Gilmour
Gallagher
Chilwell

that’s 3 players that will be back.

they buy two CB and might get a striker if they sell Lukuka.

Think it’s a strong squad to finish in top 3.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Gilmour
Gallagher
Chilwell

that’s 3 players that will be back.

they buy two CB and might get a striker if they sell Lukuka.

Think it’s a strong squad to finish in top 3.
Hypothetically a summer window of Kounde, gvardiol/Torres/A.N.other, Sterling, and a creative midfielder would be a decent window by my standards. Assuming Werner or Puli end up going and perhaps Jorgi or RLC. I am 99.99999% certain Lukaku is staying, so striker talk is meh

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hypothetically a summer window of Kounde, gvardiol/Torres/A.N.other, Sterling, and a creative midfielder would be a decent window by my standards. Assuming Werner or Puli end up going and perhaps Jorgi or RLC. I am 99.99999% certain Lukaku is staying, so striker talk is meh
No thanks.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
feck no I don't want Sterling. The Nkunku links are encouraging though.
I was just talking about him in the other thread. I waddled in there after I'd been daydreaming about him playing alongside Havertz and Mount. Then I checked twitter and there are actual credblible links to him :lol:

i think he is better than Pulisic in front of goal for sure. He's not who id necessarily want.
But we can do worse.
He's just a big name. We have no business going after City's surplus to requirements. And would he really be better than Pulisic playing in our system?

Last edited:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I was just talking about him in the other thread. I waddled in there after I'd been daydreaming about him playing alongside Havertz and Mount. Then I checked twitter and there are actual credblible links to him :lol:
If the rumoured €75m price is accurate he would be an excellent signing. 34 goals and 20 assists in 51 matches last year is nothing to sneeze at. If we manage to add Dembele on a free as well that could be a game-changing makeover to our attack.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If the rumoured €75m price is accurate he would be an excellent signing. 34 goals and 20 assists in 51 matches last year is nothing to sneeze at. If we manage to add Dembele on a free as well that could be a game-changing makeover to our attack.
Yeah, we do unfortunately need to shift half the attack first though and that wont be easy.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I honestly think Lukaku is the only one difficult to move from our front. The others not only have garnered interest, but are not heavy burdens to the wallet either, comparatively at least.
This will be where the debt becomes interesting. Was the outlay for Lukaku an injection from Roman? If so, was it part of the written off debt? Then if you wanted to move him you could use part of what you DO get for him to offset his high contract.

This will be an interesting summer, for sure.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
United would sell for more
Depends on your share prices individually. That then indicates overall value of buying the club. As Simon Stone has pointed out, if your shares are worth about £12 odd each, to buy all the shares and take over Utd would cost roughly 2.2 - 2.3bn

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Depends on your share prices individually. That then indicates overall value of buying the club. As Simon Stone has pointed out, if your shares are worth about £12 odd each, to buy all the shares and take over Utd would cost roughly 2.2 - 2.3bn
Doesn't quite work like that, sure someone could get x% of the shares from the Stock Market at £12 odd, but that would only give them around about 10% then they have to negotiate for the other 90%. Of course they'll have a basis to turn too, but equally the majority shareholders and those that hold on, would say Chelsea sold for £4.25bn so Utd is worth £xxbn. No one can go onto the stock market one day and buy a company even if they have unlimited wealth, simply because not all shares are traded nor are they available to buy.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn't quite work like that, sure someone could get x% of the shares from the Stock Market at £12 odd, but that would only give them around about 10% then they have to negotiate for the other 90%. Of course they'll have a basis to turn too, but equally the majority shareholders and those that hold on, would say Chelsea sold for £4.25bn so Utd is worth £xxbn. No one can go onto the stock market one day and buy a company even if they have unlimited wealth, simply because not all shares are traded nor are they available to buy.
My mistake then. Common error being made on this thread is people thinking we were/are worth 4.25bn. We arent, 1.75 has to be deducted from that, so we sold for 2.5bn. I'd of course agree Utd should sell for that at an absolute minimum too.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
My mistake then. Common error being made on this thread is people thinking we were/are worth 4.25bn. We arent, 1.75 has to be deducted from that, so we sold for 2.5bn. I'd of course agree Utd should sell for that at an absolute minimum too.
Very true and something I, and others, need to be mindful off when discussing values of teams.