Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
What a clueless, misinformed post. Staggeringly poor.
Ok enlighten me mate. Other than freezing assets of oligarches what uk did any thing meaningful to hit Putin hard or help Ukraine people.Do you think any of these things will stop him any way. I don't have a clue.

Now in Russia they wanted to seize all uk company assets and nationalise them and uk companies actually helped them. China will buy from them cheaper fuels probably India too. They will continue this bombardment.

Putin now started to bomb western Ukrainian cities too. Ukraine people only suffered neither me nor you. We are debating about Chelsea a football club. Iam a fan and you are a rival fan.UK government wins on their purpose by doing nothing other than creating this hype. :lol: .

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
Ok enlighten me mate. Other than freezing assets of oligarches what uk did any thing meaningful to hit Putin hard or help Ukraine people.Do you think any of these things will stop him any way. I don't have a clue.

Now in Russia they wanted to seize all uk company assets and nationalise them and uk companies actually helped them. China will buy from them cheaper fuels probably India too. They will continue this bombardment.

Putin now started to bomb western Ukrainian cities too. Ukraine people only suffered neither me nor you. We are debating about Chelsea a football club. Iam a fan and you are a rival fan.UK government wins on their purpose by doing nothing other than creating this hype. :lol: .
I’m still waiting for your answer to the below?

What’s the sense?

That you feel nothing should have been done to RA and you both be allowed to live happily ever after?

Flexdegea

Nobody want sympathy mate. Its the beginning of sense prevailing. Hope more voices will come out and support the club if not already started.
Sorry, sense prevailing? What this mean

If you follow how he came about acquiring the club, and the success funded by the blood money, you can't seriously be expecting everyone to be like stop this witch hunt, yous are were yous are because of the owner. Yous where basically nothing before him :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
This has provided some wonderful fantasy for some. The way your season has crashed and burned, it is probably well needed. We will be playing and competing for the CL next year of course.
and this post highlights the problem and absolute short sightedness of some of the fanbase.

Kind of awkwardly sad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This has provided some wonderful fantasy for some. The way your season has crashed and burned, it is probably well needed. We will be playing and competing for the CL next year of course.
Only if you're sure.

Pronewbie

Peep
Thank you. The selectivity and hypocrisy of these cnuts is truly appalling...
Add in Fifa, Uefa and other football authorities while we are it..."politics should not be mixed with football" :lol:
The same people who punished Abu Treika for his Gazza shirt, the same people who punished Celtic fans for bringing in Palestine flags to the stadium or a club like Arsenal that condemned Ozil for his support for Uyghur Muslims.

Agreed and that's Western hypocrisy for you.
However I see no need for saying that whatever is going on in Ukraine now is nothing compared to others...all of these wars were and are equally terrible.
Good that you realise who runs this world. Now fall in line like the UK Gov has and show your fervent support for the American Empire. Speaking out means you are misinformed and against freedom, peace and democracy. Stop looking at their deeds and focus on their words instead, especially that of the mainstream media.

It doesn’t matter if they forced Russia‘s hand by reneging on their promise and expanding NATO directly into Russia’s doorstep (via 14 countries), staging coups, colour revolutions and installing puppet governments along the way, while selling billions of weaponry to each Eastern European country for their Military Industrial Complex.

The liberal democracy trail over the past 2 decades are filled with sunshine and roses and instead of focusing on strengthening economic ties, I can’t wait for the US Military to pivot to my region (East Asia) over the next few years to protect their primacy at all cost.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I’m still waiting for your answer to the below?
Chelsea fc is uk s property and owner was sanctioned because he may have links with Putin. Why on earth uk govt not want to allow function it properly by limiting financial access for daily operation.So why it makes sense Its not any more about Roman abramovich but targeting Chelsea fc.

And even shamelessly get the hospitality from blood hands of abramovich during pandemics. Did they not know it before. Why then just not arrest him and put him in jail.

F-Red

Chelsea fc is uk s property and owner was sanctioned because he may have links with Putin. Why on earth uk govt not want to allow function it properly by limiting financial access for daily operation.So why it makes sense Its not any more about Roman abramovich but targeting Chelsea fc.

And even shamelessly get the hospitality from blood hands of abramovich during pandemics. Did they not know it before. Why then just not arrest him and put him in jail.
May? https://www.theguardian.com/comment...amovich-vladimir-putin-chelsea-kremlin-russia

TheReligion

Abusive
Some of our more self aware Chelsea fans must be reading what their colleagues are posting here and going “abort, abort” upon reading each abomination.

No wonder they aren’t getting involved. Don’t worry though. We don’t think you’re all stupid.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think we all understand the hypocrisy of the UK government. No-one here is under any illusions that this government is some kind of bastion of moral purity. Pointing out that hypocrisy is fine as long as it isn't done in name of absolving Abramovich, or as a way to imply Abramovich being sanctioned is unfair or unjust. We all understand the UK's relationship with Saudi Arabia and how problematic that relationship is. We all understand how problematic Newcastle's ownership is, and yes, absolutely, something should be done about that but, and this is important, something should be done about Abramovich too and the fact that it is happening shouldn't be seen as an opporunity to bemoan the hypocrisy and corruption we all know exists, it should be applauded and hope that he is the first of many to fall.
This is a great post - fully agreed mate.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Some of our more self aware Chelsea fans must be reading what their colleagues are posting here and going “abort, abort” upon reading each abomination.

No wonder they aren’t getting involved. Don’t worry though. We don’t think you’re all stupid.
fecking hell mate, I'm struggling to think of times where I've cringed harder in my life. Reading this thread is like nails on a fecking chalkboard.

Gandalf

This might sound weird, but I think they may go bust.
Not that weird really. The illusion of self-sufficiency at Chelsea is just that, an illusion. RA has underwritten the club throughout his time as owner and despite appearing to show a profit it is only as a result of some highly dubious financial misdirection. I doubt any of the potential new owners wants to be a sugar daddy, it is far more likely they are looking at dramatically reducing the overheads to take profit out of the club like most ownership groups do. I don't think that automatically means they will go bust but I do think they are going to have to get used to far smaller transfer budgets and not being able to offer big salaries which in a fairly short period of time would see them operating like Everton of the last 30 years. The below is a little out of date but the details are essentially the same now as they were when this was written

Exposed: Chelsea’s Financial Problems | She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

TheReligion

Abusive
I think we all understand the hypocrisy of the UK government. No-one here is under any illusions that this government is some kind of bastion of moral purity. Pointing out that hypocrisy is fine as long as it isn't done in name of absolving Abramovich, or as a way to imply Abramovich being sanctioned is unfair or unjust. We all understand the UK's relationship with Saudi Arabia and how problematic that relationship is. We all understand how problematic Newcastle's ownership is, and yes, absolutely, something should be done about that but, and this is important, something should be done about Abramovich too and the fact that it is happening shouldn't be seen as an opporunity to bemoan the hypocrisy and corruption we all know exists, it should be applauded and hope that he is the first of many to fall.
Missed this. very good post and humbling to read amongst the shite from other Chelsea fans.

Fair play

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Agreed mate it has become ridiculous at this point. The same government that allowed the Saudis and Emiratis to buy and operate clubs in their country despite their war crimes against Yemeni people. The same government that supplies these countries with weapons by the way. The same tory party that was backed by Russian money. The same government who have yet to accept visas by Ukrainians fleeing their country and making application processes tougher than ever.The same government that continues to buy Russian gas.
While we are it where was this energy given to owners of of our club then? The same glazers who backed/supported Bush's invasion of Iraq, FSG and his support for Trump, Bournmouth and Everton's owners and as I mentioned before man city and newcastle owners.
Tbh despite that Bayern fan and a few others trying to paint a picture of me otherwise I have literally no issue with the flack Roman and the fans chanting his name are getting, it was a staggering lack of self awareness.

What I am getting 'defensive' over however is the suspicious looking posts that very much appear to be using the war to point scoring (hence per my post you quoted) and the generalisations of all Chelsea fans (which has been a problem long before this) which we have once again seen tonight with that poster sharing the Paris video.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The United States of America, Australia and British Government invaded Iraq and hundreds of thousands were killed including civilians women and children. There were no apologies when they can't find any WMDS. Instead, they proceed to steal hundreds of billions of oil from Iraq leaving the country and it's people in deep hardship. Much worse than what's happening in Ukraine now. I can't remember a single sanction from the western countries.
Why would the west sanction itself?

Moby

Dick
Good that you realise who runs this world. Now fall in line like the UK Gov has and show your fervent support for the American Empire. Speaking out means you are misinformed and against freedom, peace and democracy. Stop looking at their deeds and focus on their words instead, especially that of the mainstream media.

It doesn’t matter if they forced Russia‘s hand by reneging on their promise and expanding NATO directly into Russia’s doorstep (via 14 countries), staging coups, colour revolutions and installing puppet governments along the way, while selling billions of weaponry to each Eastern European country for their Military Industrial Complex.

The liberal democracy trail over the past 2 decades are filled with sunshine and roses and instead of focusing on strengthening economic ties, I can’t wait for the US Military to pivot to my region (East Asia) over the next few years to protect their primacy at all cost.
Tell us how you really feel.

Ferrers

Supports
Chelsea
I'll report back in a week or so and hope to see you're fielding the likes of Furlong and Spencer again.

(google them pal, before your time ;) )
I remember them well :P The epitome of Big man little man combo.

Also Spencer took the best penalties I've ever seen.

TheReligion

Abusive
The lack of perspective is pretty stark. Clearly not a lot of people with sufficient life experiences to have a properly developed sense of what is and isn't important.
On a serious note though I do hope for the likes of yourself (and I’m sure it will do) that the club totally detaches itself from Roman and this serves as kind of a fresh start in many ways.

I think even if you lose a few fans along the way it will be worth it as the ones you do aren’t worth having anyway. Things will work out okay in the end.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I'll report back in a week or so and hope to see you're fielding the likes of Furlong and Spencer again.

(google them pal, before your time ;) )
feck all wrong with little Johnny spencer, scored one of the best goals ive seen us score in Europe, run the length of the pitch almost. Mark Stein was also decent! Maybe we just need to sign strikers under 5ft 10

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
On a serious note though I do hope for the likes of yourself (and I’m sure it will do) that the club totally detaches itself from Roman and this serves as kind of a fresh start in many ways.

I think even if you lose a few fans along the way it will be worth it as the ones you do aren’t worth having anyway. Things will work out okay in the end.
Appreciate that mate - and agreed. A purge of some of the less scrupulous clingers-on wouldn't be unwelcome in my eyes.

Djemba-Djemba

I think it's pretty clear who the good Chelsea fans are on here and who the morons are.

Would be the same if it was happening to Utd to be fair, you'd get some idiots embarrassing Utd fans in general.

arthurka

Good post Pat.
We all know half the Caf would be going bonkers if this was Utd.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Did Al Capone get to keep his chef after he got sent down? Did his cleaner keep getting paid? It’s shit, but it is what it is.

They’ve been the spoiled wife of a mafia boss for 20 years, showered with gifts and everything they wanted at his benevolence… they don’t get to act all indignant that they can’t keep their pretty dresses and moody jewellery once he gets nicked (in the metaphor, obviously)

They’ll inevitably just marry some other questionable shit eventually and get their lavish lifestyle back, fur coats an all, but it’s not like this wasn’t ever a possibility when your money comes from a criminal empire.
A criminal enterprise is not a football club.
Chelsea FC was also not started by Roman.
A football club, and its fans and staff cannot be tied to the financial fortunes of one person, we have seen this time and time again, Bury one of the latest catastrophic examples

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
As usual they get lucky. Hopefully the luck runs out when a new buyer doesn’t want to splash cash.