6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Wow he's scored the Second goal and assisted the second goal in some games. You know you've not had a 9/10 season when the 18 point criteria includes your 18 points
If you don't know the importance of these goals or assists to kill the game then I think you need to watch football more often all honestly. Your post proves that you have nothing else to say.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Jokes aside he’s proved you wrong quite emphatically there..
Yeah a compelling list indeed. Right up there with 18 points I could make around Ronaldo 07-08, except his goals actually won games and trophies. A 9/10 season where one of the highlights is to miss control a pass 15 yards in Sunday league fashion. Compelling stuff.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah a compelling list indeed. Right up there with 18 points I could make around Ronaldo 07-08, except his goals actually won games and trophies. A 9/10 season where one of the highlights is to miss control a pass 15 yards in Sunday league fashion. Compelling stuff.
Oh dear, make a post that is so wrong and proved wrong in such a compelling fashion and then start to dig a bigger hole.

So you think scoring or assisting second goal is not important?

Obviously he didn't have 9/10 season but to say his doesn't score crucial goals is just laughable and to be honest that comes from people who are so easily influenced by twitter memes.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Except Ronaldo played in a much better team under the greatest manager the club has ever had. If you want to bring more stuffs such as number of trophies won into the discussion (even though a player could be having a fantastic season playing for a trophyless mid table club and comparing Ronaldo with Lukaku is stupid as feck) then include every other factors with it.

el3mel

Are you bringing words out of your mind ? I said I gave his season 7.5/10 due to his dry spell. If he had kept scoring in in this dry spell that's when I would have given him a 9 but as it stands he's at 7.5. I don't know what you're about.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Except Ronaldo played in a much better team under the greatest manager the club has ever had. If you want to bring more stuffs such as number of trophies won into the discussion (even though a player could be having a fantastic season playing for a trophyless mid table club and comparing Ronaldo with Lukaku is stupid as feck) then include every other factors with it.
So if I'm right, what you're saying is take trophies out, Lukakus season is comparable to Ronaldo in 08 ?

Icemav

In many ways. He's scored 26 goals so far.
15 league goals. Very few of them have been crucial goals in crucial games.
He hasn't really been the big man consistently through the season when we needed someone to do that. So I wouldn't really go overboard in my praise. He's got ten in cup games so maybe he's more of a cup player but again yesterday he didn't score, fashioned a laughable assist though.

He's the only striker for a club the size of Manchester United and he plays every game. 16 league goals is below expectations and his figures are padded by cup goals and padded further by people pulling 30 and 40 figures from nowhere. Also at times we've played better without him in the team. His overall game will end up holding us back as it is if we want to be a great side.

So for me a solid 6.5. Overall decent but lots of room to improve
His overall game? You mean like his unbelievable workrate and matchwinning assists? He's happy to pull out wide and fire in the money cross that his teammates cant seem to provide to him.

The guy works hard and was scoring very well until we resorted to hoofball in Novemember/December..... since then the style of play and goals have been inconsistent, but Lukaku always puts in an amazing shift.

He is not the most technical but he will he will hit a hot streak sooner or later and could easily do 25 goals in the league next year.

A GOOD FIRST SEASON.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Oh dear, make a post that is so wrong and proved wrong in such a compelling fashion and then start to dig a bigger hole.

So you think scoring or assisting second goal is not important?

Obviously he didn't have 9/10 season but to say his doesn't score crucial goals is just laughable and to be honest that comes from people who are so easily influenced by twitter memes.

Which post was so wrong and where was it PROVED wrong in compelling fashion ?

There's clearly a difference in opinion in Lukakus performance over the season. My opinion is that overall his general level of performance needs to improve. He's scored at an average rate in the league and that's been disappointing. His numbers are padded with cup goals. To my memory he hasn't been a match winner on a week to week basis, as a centre forward you'd expect there to be times when he scores the winner of course, that's not happened enough. So then it's all about second goals and assisting them now ? but in a 9/10 season your looking at RVP or Ronaldo levels where they've won games on a regular week in week out basis. There's been times when we've needed someone to step up, Lingard did that for a sustained spell but Lukaku didn't.

There's also massive weaknesses to his game like point 18, they need ironing out. For me he's had a decent first season, if he wins us the cup final single handedly id say a good first season.

Opinions are opinions but there's nothing compelling about that 18 point list. I could make a counter list that's compelling to make it look like a 4/10 season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Are you bringing words out of your mind ? I said I gave his season 7.5/10 due to his dry spell. If he had kept scoring in in this dry spell that's when I would have given him a 9 but as it stands he's at 7.5. I don't know what you're about.
You specifically referenced the dry spell. Without the dry spell, which I'm fine with ignoring, you gave it a 9. So I'm comparing Lukakus season, ignoring the dry spell, with Ronaldos or RVP's that I'd give 9/10 to.

I've not made it up. You literally said it. Hyperbole perhaps

roonster09

Scout
Which post was so wrong and where was it PROVED wrong in compelling fashion ?

There's clearly a difference in opinion in Lukakus performance over the season. My opinion is that overall his general level of performance needs to improve. He's scored at an average rate in the league and that's been disappointing. His numbers are padded with cup goals. To my memory he hasn't been a match winner on a week to week basis, as a centre forward you'd expect there to be times when he scores the winner of course, that's not happened enough. So then it's all about second goals and assisting them now ? but in a 9/10 season your looking at RVP or Ronaldo levels where they've won games on a regular week in week out basis. There's been times when we've needed someone to step up, Lingard did that for a sustained spell but Lukaku didn't.

There's also massive weaknesses to his game like point 18, they need ironing out. For me he's had a decent first season, if he wins us the cup final single handedly id say a good first season.

Opinions are opinions but there's nothing compelling about that 18 point list. I could make a counter list that's compelling to make it look like a 4/10 season.
That he doesn't crucial goals is wrong and was proven by other poster. 2nd goal is also crucial goal.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
In many ways. He's scored 26 goals so far.
15 league goals. Very few of them have been crucial goals in crucial games.
He hasn't really been the big man consistently through the season when we needed someone to do that. So I wouldn't really go overboard in my praise. He's got ten in cup games so maybe he's more of a cup player but again yesterday he didn't score, fashioned a laughable assist though.

He's the only striker for a club the size of Manchester United and he plays every game. 16 league goals is below expectations and his figures are padded by cup goals and padded further by people pulling 30 and 40 figures from nowhere. Also at times we've played better without him in the team. His overall game will end up holding us back as it is if we want to be a great side.

So for me a solid 6.5. Overall decent but lots of room to improve
What's your definition of the crucial games? He's the main reason why we'll probably finish 2nd after finishing 6th last season.
I thought that after last season where we dropped an extremely high number of points against average teams at OT, fans would drop this bullshit attitude about scoring in these so called lesser games but apparently not

Akshay

Staff
What's your definition of the crucial games? He's the main reason why we'll probably finish 2nd after finishing 6th last season.
I thought that after last season where we dropped an extremely high number of points against average teams at OT, fans would drop this bullshit attitude about scoring in these so called lesser games but apparently not
You'd have thought after our CL elimination they might put more stock in the value of non-league goals but that isn't happening either.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The bold bit isn't true in my opinion at all.

Crucial games this season I'd say, Liverpool away, Huddersfield away, Spurs at home, Chelsea away, Arsenal away, City at home. The three games over Xmas we drew, Spurs away. The two Sevilla games, the semi final on Saturday.

I'd say these games you could point to as crucial games for various reasons, after the City defeat though there wasn't much hope of winning the league.

KM

Crucial games this season I'd say, Liverpool away, Huddersfield away, Spurs at home, Chelsea away, Arsenal away, City at home. Spurs away. The three games over Xmas we drew, Spurs away. The two Sevilla games, the semi final on Saturday.

I'd say these games you could point to as crucial games for various reasons, after the City defeat though there wasn't much hope of winning the league.
I like how you said that Huddersfield away was a crucial game for a random reason(in which it was his brilliant play which led to our single goal) . BTW he was the only player who showed for the Sevilla game, also scored a goal. He was very good Arsenal away too. Assisted the goal for Martial at Spurs home too.

So that's four crucial games that you've randomly listed in which he either assisted or scored a goal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Crucial games this season I'd say, Liverpool away, Huddersfield away, Spurs at home, Chelsea away, Arsenal away, City at home. Spurs away. The three games over Xmas we drew, Spurs away. The two Sevilla games, the semi final on Saturday.

Huddersfield away and the three games over Christmas that we drew (Leicester, Burnley and Southampton) are “crucial” in your mind because they equated to dropped points.

By the same logic, Lukaku has scored in many “crucial” games this season and his goals were regularly the difference between 3 points and those games being considered “crucial” ones where we dropped points and missed out on 2nd.

KM

Huddersfield away and the three games over Christmas that we drew (Leicester, Burnley and Southampton) are “crucial” in your mind because they equated to dropped points.

By the same logic, Lukaku has scored in many “crucial” games this season and his goals were regularly the difference between 3 points and those games being considered “crucial” ones where we dropped points and missed out on 2nd.
Was our best player in Leicester away btw. Created three four chances on a platter for our players.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So if I'm right, what you're saying is take trophies out, Lukakus season is comparable to Ronaldo in 08 ?
You're having a laugh, you're the one who started to bring Ronaldo into the discussion for some reason even if the comparison doesn't make sense.

roonster09

Scout
Huddersfield away was crucial game because Lukaku didn't score and we dropped points

:lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You're having a laugh, you're the one who started to bring Ronaldo into the discussion for some reason even if the comparison doesn't make sense.
I did because I'd rate his season in 08 9/10. It adds context.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Huddersfield away was crucial game because Lukaku didn't score and we dropped points

:lol:
Is this the only game you disagree with ? There's games in there where he scored and we won.

The Huddersfield game is in their because we'd just drew with Liverpool and it's where we started to drift away from city.

roonster09

Scout
Is this the only game you disagree with ? There's games in there where he scored and we won.

The Huddersfield game is in their because we'd just drew with Liverpool and it's where we started to drift away from city.
No. I disagree with every single post of yours in the last 2 pages.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know shows how skewed stats can be but if Kane can claim a goal and get it then Lukaku deserves to be credited with an assist. But I agree madness and laughable but technically correct decision. Highlights how stats are not everything though.

el3mel

You specifically referenced the dry spell. Without the dry spell, which I'm fine with ignoring, you gave it a 9. So I'm comparing Lukakus season, ignoring the dry spell, with Ronaldos or RVP's that I'd give 9/10 to.

I've not made it up. You literally said it. Hyperbole perhaps
Due to the dry spell he got 7.5, which is fair. I said if he hadn't went through it and kept scoring he would have been near 40 goals and thus will deserve 9 but he didn't so I gave him 7.5.

I don't think I'ma using a difficult English language to understand. My points are clear, cheer!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I know shows how skewed stats can be but if Kane can claim a goal and get it then Lukaku deserves to be credited with an assist. But I agree madness and laughable but technically correct decision. Highlights how stats are not everything though.
Agreed. It's definitely going down as an assist but it proves your point.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Due to the dry spell he got 7.5, which is fair. I said if he hadn't went through it and kept scoring he would have been near 40 goals and thus will deserve 9 but he didn't so I gave him 7.5.

I don't think I'ma using a difficult English language to understand. My points are clear, cheer!
I think the issue is perhaps the scale....I'm trying to gauge what a 9/10 season would mean to you ? For me it would need context which I've tried to apply. But to simplify it would make it comparable to Ronaldos season in 08 or RVP in 13.

Would you say that for you had Lukaku not had a barren spell it would be compareable to those two seasons ? Because we might be just different in what a 9/10 looks like.

To me Lukaku has 16 league goals. Has performed at a decent level. I'd go 6/10. Without the barren spell 7.5 perhaps but context would need to be given to those two months and what was achieved besides scoring a few more goals.

Anyway if you don't want to answer the direct question that's fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

el3mel

I think the issue is perhaps the scale....I'm trying to gauge what a 9/10 season would mean to you ? For me it would need context which I've tried to apply. But to simplify it would make it comparable to Ronaldos season in 08 or RVP in 13.

Would you say that for you had Lukaku not had a barren spell it would be compareable to those two seasons ? Because we might be just different in what a 9/10 looks like.

To me Lukaku has 16 league goals. Has performed at a decent level. I'd go 6/10. Without the barren spell 7.5 perhaps but context would need to be given to those two months and what was achieved besides scoring a few more goals.

Anyway if you don't want to answer the direct question that's fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Again, Lukaku had 27 goals currently despite passing through a very dry spell in last 3 months of last year ( only scored 4 goals at this time iirc ). Let's imagine that Lukaku succeeded in ending the season with 30 goals despite this dry spell, ok ? then imagine that he didn't have that dry spell and was scoring regularly during these last 3 months as he did for the other months of the year, he would have been near 40 goals this season for sure then.

The question here is, if Lukaku had done this and got 40 goals this season, what would have been your rating then ?

I removed 2.5 marks of him for this dry spell and I think that's fair enough.

Now answer my question.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Again, Lukaku had 27 goals currently despite passing through a very dry spell in last 3 months of last year ( only scored 4 goals at this time iirc ). Let's imagine that Lukaku succeeded in ending the season with 30 goals despite this dry spell, ok ? then imagine that he didn't have that dry spell and was scoring regularly during these last 3 months as he did for the other months of the year, he would have been near 40 goals this season for sure then.

The question here is, if Lukaku had done this and got 40 goals this season, what would have been your rating then ?

I removed 2.5 marks of him for this dry spell and I think that's fair enough.

Now answer my question.

Have you answered mine ? No

I've already answered yours, given the current context in terms of significance of goals and levels of performance mine would be 7.5.

Perhaps I should question why you've give a mark of 7.5 to a player who went missing for a third of the season

el3mel

Have you answered mine ? No

I've already answered yours, given the current context in terms of significance of goals and levels of performance mine would be 7.5.

Perhaps I should question why you've give a mark of 7.5 to a player who went missing for a third of the season
I have been answering since my initial post. Your way of evaluating players is the one that's flawed. You're imagining that he would have the same number of goals anyway if we removed this dry spell, while in fact he would have been near 40 goals then which would have been very worth of 9.

And 7.5 is fair enough for a player who has contributed for 36 goals and assists combined in 49 games and very likely approaching his 30 goals mark. If this isn't enough for at least 7 or 7.5, then good luck in your evaluation of other players then.

Stacks

I have been answering since my initial post. Your way of evaluating players is the one that's flawed. You're imagining that he would have the same number of goals anyway if we removed this dry spell, while in fact he would have been near 40 goals then which would have been very worth of 9.

And 7.5 is fair enough for a player who has contributed for 36 goals and assists combined in 49 games and very likely approaching his 30 goals mark. If this isn't enough for at least 7 or 7.5, then good luck in your evaluation of other players then.
yours is the fairest rating for sure.

Nick7

What would you rate the paint colour out of 10 though?

And please explain - at length - your criteria for rating the paint colour.
Magnolia is around a 7 out of ten. A little boring and doesnt have the immediate impact and wow factor you'd want from such a high profile name. But it's solid, always makes itself available for a brushstroke and dependable.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Magnolia is around a 7 out of ten. A little boring and doesnt have the immediate impact and wow factor you'd want from such a high profile name. But it's solid, always makes itself available for a brushstroke and dependable.
Woah, woah, woah...

If it's dependable and solid then sorry, but it deserves at least a 7.5 or an 8!

I just can't understand your rating of it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Funny video. Interesting that Lukaku refers to Herrera as 'commander.' The Goku nickname for Alexis is something else. :lol:

Zoo

Funny video. Interesting that Lukaku refers to Herrera as 'commander.' The Goku nickname for Alexis is something else. :lol:
But the papers said Alexis only eats alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.