6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

We missed him a little bit. Just a simple thing like actually staying up top, which he would do, would have helped us out today.

Seanus

So clearly still not fit when he came off the bench-hope he doesn't aggravate the ankle injury in the World Cup-we would need a serious rethink if he is not ready for the start of the season

El Zoido

The game might have turned out differently had he been fully fit and starting. He was a really big loss today, Rashford is in awful form and offers practically nothing.

Devil may care

I thought Jose's quote was a bit backhanded. That he can't convince a player to play who thinks he cannot start.
Oh yeah Mourinho was being a snarky ass as usual, but Lukaku made the right call if he didn't feel confident in his fitness, as he will be thinking about the World Cup as well.

PepsiCola

World cup coming up for which Belgium look a force.

I don't balme him for being selfish in this instance.

JMack1234

Even though a lot of us weren't sold on Lukaku at the start. Yesterday all the United fans I was around were screaming for him to be brought on which I think shows how many minds have been changed.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I dont think it did , to me it looked like he was putting country over club.
Does not sit right with me, United pay his wages not Belgium !
One question, when he came on, did he look like he belonged on the pitch? He clearly was not fit enough to play.

lsd

The Oracle
I dont think it did , to me it looked like he was putting country over club.
Does not sit right with me, United pay his wages not Belgium !

He knows if he was fit to start or not.

He made the right call , you can't criticise him for that

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He made the right call to not start. Didn't seem fit.

At the end of the day, I'd put playing in the World Cup, when your country has more or less peaked in terms of quality in the team and won't get a better chance in winning it, over risking it all in the FA Cup final when you're not feeling 100%.

haram

Look forward to seeing him play in the world cup. He will be even better next year.

GazTheLegend

I am just still pissed off after the Final, yeah he did seem unfit.
He just was scared to get injured imo.

Like - he was fit but his head wasn’t right which in many ways is understandable for the meaningless league games but this was a cup final!

maniwin

I watched his compilation vid for us , this guy is by far the best crosser in our club even when he used his weak foot. He rarely got into position to cross but whenever he gets , he always put the ball into dangerous area very well. He can't be our best crosser next season , we need someone to do it for him.

68Guns

An article in the paper on Tuesday, think it was the Daily Mirror had price tags on the top 10 most expensive players in the world.

Lukaku was valued at £143million.

If we could get that for him I'd snap the buyers hands off. Yeah he can score goals but not against the top teams and he's never in a million years United class.

Last edited by a moderator:

el3mel

An article in the paper on Tuesday, think it was the Daily Mirror had price tags on the top 10 most expensive players in the world.

If we could get that for him I'd snap the buyers hands off. Yeah he can score goals but not against the top teams and he's never in a million years United class.
It's really your problem if you believe this rubbish.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

I think he gives us a problem if we become a great team again. I think he would hold us back massively with his limitations

onemanarmy

I think he gives us a problem if we become a great team again. I think he would hold us back massively with his limitations
Nonsense. Provide him with decent scoring opportunities and he'll score tons of goals. Which is... the job of a striker. We'll have enough fancy players around him.

SSSSnake

Nonsense. Jose loves him. I wouldn’t take a penny for him. I expect him to have a decent World Cup and get a few goals for sure. It’s our transition from defence to attack that’s the issue. If he had more creativity behind him he’d have easily 30+ goals.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
See an article where he spoke very highly of Carricks one to one sessions with him. Seems like he’s going to be a top coach.

I had my reservations about Lukakus, but he’s come on leaps and bounds this season, his link up play has significantly improved.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I like him. Stuck up for him for a good while. Interested to see what he's like if we sort all the positions we need to and look a better side.
I did start being increasingly more worried about certain aspects of his ability as the season went on though. At the moment, I think he'd be a very good second choice striker.
I'd stick Griezmann up front straight away if we have the chance with Rom in rotation, but I doubt he'd be happy with that.

I say this, but he still got a very good goal tally and put in some good assists to boot.

kerryman

Me too...doubt we will win the league/champions league with Lukaku as our main striker.

Fweink

Supports
any team playing good football
Me too...doubt we will win the league/champions league with Lukaku as our main striker.
I think there are a lot more players with whom you'd have a hard time envisioning winning the CL (LB, RB, RW and probably also CB and 1 CM)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yup, just said the same thing. He's a very, very good striker. We looked pathetic at the end of the season when he got injured. With good service(that the likes of Jesus, Kane etc) get he will score 40plus goals in all competitions.

IrishRedDevil

Fantastic from the big man :drool:

He’s a top striker and this just shows the importance of us getting fullbacks and a right winger who can supply decent crosses. If we improve he has the ability to score 40 goals next season.

J_XO

Muenier would have added a huge goal threat for us with his understanding with Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.