Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peril

Fantastic from the big man :drool:

He’s a top striker and this just shows the importance of us getting fullbacks and a right winger who can supply decent crosses. If we improve he has the ability to score 40 goals next season.
Young isn’t exactly the worst crosser in the world though, quite the opposite. Belgium were playing Costa Rica tonight, Lukaku likes to scores against weak opposition. Let’s see how he does against England, will be interesting - hope he does well.

IrishRedDevil

Young isn’t exactly the worst crosser in the world though, quite the opposite. Belgium were playing Costa Rica tonight, Lukaku likes to scores against weak opposition. Let’s see how he does against England, will be interesting - hope he does well.
Young is a good crosser yes, but he had a poor season and is regressing IMO, which is the main reason most fans want a new LB. I don’t remember a lot of good quality crosses from him last season. Also crosses in a team must be spread out by several different players, not predictably from the one single player always trying to cut back on his right foot, or they are easier/predictable to defend.

Downplay the opposition if you must, but 2 goals and a assist is decent in any game.

Fer

He hasn’t delivered a good cross for about 5 years, why would you think he will supply decent crosses next season?
He delivered good crosses to Rooney one season.

IMO he won't provide the crosses we need for Lukaku. But we didn't sign a top RB to replace Valencia, so I guess we don't have any other option than play Valencia and rotate him with Dalot.

Do you think we are going to sign an experienced RB (like Meunier) this summer?
Unfortunately, I don't think so.

El-Manos

Belgium’s attack is very good. If they sort out their defence in the big games they could go very far. They lack quality full backs though. On their day, that attack could beat anyone.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Am I wrong in wanting him sold and us getting Griezmann and Bale?

He’s not Drogba. He needs much more service than Drogba did. Mourinho needs to address this but if he doesn’t, next season will be deja-vu all over again...

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

He’s not Drogba. He needs much more service than Drogba did. Mourinho needs to address this but if he doesn’t, next season will be deja-vu all over again...
He was one of the very few good performers last season. I would keep him instead of getting any other player. His profile and attitude is really good for our club. For age gurus, he is only 25.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

He was one of the very few good performers last season. I would keep him instead of getting any other player. His profile and attitude is really good for our club. For age gurus, he is only 25.
Fair comment but I just feel that his presence stifles much of our attacking play due to Mourinho’s risk-averse tactics. It’s not his fault he’s not quite like Drogba or Costa in creating chances for himself, but I’m very impressed at Rom’s attitude and improvement this season.

0le

I think you are right that he isn't quite yet the elite striker but he has years on his side for some improvement too. You cannot dismiss a near guaranteed 20-30 goal striker a season so easily. He gets goals and that is a real commodity in our team at the moment.

Reactions: Carolina Red

el3mel

Get him wingers and full backs that can actually cross and see him scoring +20 goals in the league every season easily. He's the ultimate poacher, but we're not using him to his full potential due to our rubbish delivery from flanks.

Canagel

He is a top striker but the team doesn't create enough for him. When he plays for Belgium he is a poacher. Just waits for his chances and buries them. At United he has been more of a all round striker which isn't really his natural game because he is a striker who depends more on service. The team needs an expert crosser - winger or fullback or even both to get the best out of Lukaku.

Hojoon

I think he'll be a dressing room leader soon enough. So many reports saying he works extra hard in training and the improvements over the season certainly matches the reports. He's pretty vocal on the pitch as well.

Jonno

He's turning into a top top striker. I think his game has improved massively in the 12 months he's had at United.

I've loved his attitude this season at United, he's had it tough, lots of criticism, at times very little service, and he's banged in over 30 goals this season for club and country. The best thing is you can just sense he has lots more in him and he has the ability to stretch to 40+ a season.

I'd like to see him trim down a little, for all of his muscle and strength, he actually doesn't use it that much and he likes the ball at his feet to turn and run, or to poach. If he could trim down and speed up he could reach another level.

Castia

Surely a good bet at 16-1 for the golden boot at this years WC, other than England they have Panama and Tunisia in their group he could be bagging for fun.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think he'll be a dressing room leader soon enough. So many reports saying he works extra hard in training and the improvements over the season certainly matches the reports. He's pretty vocal on the pitch as well.
He improves but the baseline was really low.

maniwin

2 goals against RM main keeper today
It doesn't matter against weak or strong opposition , he is build like a bull , fast and strong , every defender will have problem when he runs in to the box , just give him service and he will score.
The problem is we don't create much against stronger opposition therefore he didn't score enough.

Fair comment but I just feel that his presence stifles much of our attacking play due to Mourinho’s risk-averse tactics. It’s not his fault he’s not quite like Drogba or Costa in creating chances for himself, but I’m very impressed at Rom’s attitude and improvement this season.
You would complain if Drogba was our striker because he didn't score enough. Fyi Lukaku is going to have more goals in EPL than Drogba whole EPL career soon.

Valencia can't cross & Young always need to cut inside. A decent fullback knows when to overlap & doesn't take too much touch to cross

The benefits of an early, decent cross as opposed to dawdling on the ball/ trying to cut inside/ hitting it at the defender's shins. Once we sort out the flank issue he will get us minimum 30 goals a season.
What he needs is a simply early ball , early through pass or early cross . He is too strong to be bullied off the ball & too fast to be chased from behind. Lukaku is the least of our problem. Imagine him with Beckham & Neville from the right , Giggs and Irwin from the left.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

The benefits of an early, decent cross as opposed to dawdling on the ball/ trying to cut inside/ hitting it at the defender's shins. Once we sort out the flank issue he will get us minimum 30 goals a season.
Exactly. You watch even some mid table teams in the league and the kind of balls they get in from wide and you have to say Romelu would just thrive on that. We had a season instead where he was drifting out and pinging crosses in more often it seemed than any of our wide men!

Feckin brilliant goals against CR. Can't wait to watch him this torunament .

Stadjer

Young his crossing is fine but the always cutting back to his right feet is costing so much time that the opponent sets up to defend. Also everyone knows Young will cut to his right so it isnt too hard to prevent for loads of defenders.

Young in the cup final annoyed me so much with his cutting back and failing to deliver.. and the time he didnt cut back his crossing was horrible. Lukaku deserves a good lb/rb or winger to provide him with quality crosses instead of the scraps Valencia and Young provide.... if they even provide any that is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Apparently he scored 13 goals in his last 8 games for Belgium.

RC89

It's easy to forget because of his size and the fact he's Belgiums and our main striker that he's still young. Once we get the supporting cast set up around him, in a season or two I'm expecting a brilliant striker. Until then we have someone who's decent, albeit with significant weaknesses i.e. his touch.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Get him wingers and full backs that can actually cross and see him scoring +20 goals in the league every season easily. He's the ultimate poacher, but we're not using him to his full potential due to our rubbish delivery from flanks.
Might as well replace him with Fellaini as striker if that's the requirement.

So because a striker would benefit from actually good (or at least competent) service he's no better than Fellaini? Bizzare post. I hate this new trend of dismissing any striker that's good in the air as some talentless lump. Imagine comparing Lukaku with Fellaini ffs

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Loved his first goal. His hold up play was good, passed the ball to KdB in his own half and then continued the run and finished off the cross.

maniwin

What a clueless post, Fellaini main attribute isn't even his heading ability ,it's his chest and bringing the ball down from awkward height. I can't imagine Fellaini scoring like Lukaku did last night.

Loved his first goal. His hold up play was good, passed the ball to KdB in his own half and then continued the run and finished off the cross.
RVN used to do that when we had decent wingers. By the way , Pogba would made it complicated instead of just simple pass to winger like what KDB did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.