Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Miranda got the better of him in the 2nd half but was a really good battle throughout. Lukaku was quality in the first and especially that assist.

They got away with it but feck knows why Martinez subbed him off. If they conceded they wouldve been fecked.

Bobski

He was great, and I have to admit he is much better than I originally thought he was. Belgium use him in more effective ways than Utd, get him running on to the balls and in the channels, not asking him to constantly hold the ball up. His first touch is still the main issue in his game, but once he has it under control his range of passing and choice has really improved. Especially enjoyed how aggressive he was in looking to attack the Brazilian defenders when isolated against them, he knew he had the beating of them and was eager to show it.

haram

He is getting better every day. Cant wait for next season already.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I’m starting to believe a front three of Sanchez - Martial - Lukaku could work if they get the freedom to roam around without to much restrictions. At least it would be interesting to see this line up and see if it works.

The BlackGaijin

There is something btn him and Hazard.. After making runs and not getting the ball, Lukaku started coming deep. Hazard is a cnut, I think he is jealous when people talk abt Lukaku and KDB and not him.

ti vu

The United version of Lukaku is the one that only had 6 touches in the first half of the opening game. This version is finding the ball in different areas rather than playing targetman for Young and Smalling's hoofs. Also has elite ball carriers like KDB and hazard so all his touches don't have to come with his back to goal
Not this again. See for yourself this second half where the problem really lies

Andersons Dietician

Yes. Also helps that Brazil have Marcelo playing as a winger (even, to a certain extent, in the first half).

What about the Liverpool game? Or the numerous games where he's scored headed goals? The truth is, he's both. He can use his aerial ability to put us ahead then use his pace/power (racist much?) on the counter. A bit like Pogba who uses his creativity when teams are sitting deep then can drive through midfield when the game opens up.
A target man is not just someone who uses his head. The way we deploy Lukaku is as a target man. A target man does not play in to Lukaku’s strengths.

Side note are you calling yourself a racist?

IrishRedDevil

Seems like there's something going on between Rom and Hazard. Hazards wants to be the leader of the squad being the captain and all but big Rom is the natural leader.
Sensed that too when Hazard was agreedy bugger a few times and ignored him. Hazard worried about Lukaku outshining him and getting all the praise?

Hamadovich86

Lukaku is the fecking man alright, he's proved it yet again and on a huge stage like the world cup. Hes brilliant and all the shit talking about him needs to stop. He needs players around him to help and he'll take care of the rest be it goals or assists even. Fantastic player and I hope he can take his performances to the next level with United next season.

SamVimes

Played really well tonight. Put in a shift. Was very disciplined playing out of position. As for the assist, Woof.

Bobski

He ended last year very well it has to be said. Had a down period in the middle of the season but fought his way through and displayed the type of leadership I did not expect from him. Has carried that mentality through to the World Cup. I love that mentality, one of the reasons Fergies Utd were so good is because they refused to makes excuses and lie down, always fought, didn't look for an easy way out, understood what the club stood for. Rom has that, used to think Pogba would be the leader, maybe it is Lukaku.

Denis79

He ended last year very well it has to be said. Had a down period in the middle of the season but fought his way through and displayed the type of leadership I did not expect from him. Has carried that mentality through to the World Cup. I love that mentality, one of the reasons Fergies Utd were so good is because they refused to makes excuses and lie down, always fought, didn't look for an easy way out, understood what the club stood for. Rom has that, used to think Pogba would be the leader, maybe it is Lukaku.
Pogba doesn't have leadership qualities, Rom is our future captain, I really believe that.

Zoo

Sensed that too when Hazard was agreedy bugger a few times and ignored him. Hazard worried about Lukaku outshining him and getting all the praise?
Hazard is best mates with Benteke who once upon a time used to be a viable competitor for Lukaku but has turned to crap whereas Lukaku is getting better and better. Hazard is a great talent but also an arse.

marktan

Play him as our RW? To be honest I wouldn't be against the idea if we spend another year without an actual top quality RW. Alternate between RW and striker in that role.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Play him as our RW? To be honest I wouldn't be against the idea if we spend another year without an actual top quality RW. Alternate between RW and striker in that role.
Experimenting with a 4-3-3 with sanchez left, martial center and lukaku right is something anyone would do, but you just know Jose won't entertain the idea since he must have his target man at all cost.

MuseJoris

There is no issue hazard lukaku. Might look like it but there is plenty of moments that they combine just fine.

Proud of lukaku and Belgium anyway. Bit to much falling back in second half but tacticly brilliant first half

Greck

People are getting to caught up on Hazard not passing to him. Rom is making runs and creating space for Hazard to drive into the heart of the defence. Which is actually refreshing to see because with us Rom often stays camped in congested areas pointing the ball be passed to his feet when he should be dragging defenders with diagonal movement

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
There is no issue hazard lukaku. Might look like it but there is plenty of moments that they combine just fine.

Proud of lukaku and Belgium anyway. Bit to much falling back in second half but tacticly brilliant first half
Aye, they were combining marvelously just before the World Cup. It's just those few games that stick out.

Hojoon

He's showing signs of improvement every other week, all the reports of him being an insane worker in training seems to be true.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
We would do well to sign more of these success-hungry types who don't believe they've already made it but are , at the same time, good enough to come here and improve the first 11.

Andersons Dietician

Sure, man. Racism is a thing.
Yes, everyone knows it’s a thing, just seemed weird that you called yourself a racist because you made that pace and power comment. Saying Lukaku is powerful and fast doesn’t make you a racist, you’re stating a fact, he is fast and strong, he’s also a good footballer, better than what most think. He’s still not a target man, and back to my original point, personally I don’t think he was as good this season for us as he was last year for Everton. However he had just moved to a new team and asked to perform a role that doesn’t get the best out of him.

So hopefully this year coming Jose adjusts how he deploys Lukaku and Lukaku settles in and can get back to doing what he was doing a year ago. He was still pretty decent this season, but I know he has more.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Probably the best I've ever seen him play in a big game

goober88

So hopefully this year coming Jose adjusts how he deploys Lukaku and Lukaku settles in and can get back to doing what he was doing a year ago. He was still pretty decent this season, but I know he has more.
Yes, hopefully. I hope to see some nice things from Pogba. Off-topic but do you think Pogba has played better for France than he does for us?

Eddy_JukeZ

His touch can still be rough at times, but he's been a great team player all tourney.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Maybe the best performance I've personally seen from him in terms of all round contribution.

I hope this is his "Ronaldo 2006" tournament where he comes back on another level
Yeah, thinking this, too. Never been so impressed by him. It was a perfect performance.

Fer

If we don't sign a RW, I would like to see Lukaku next to Martial/Rashford with Sanchez/Lingard behind them. We know that Martial and Lukaku can go a bit wide if needed. IMO that system would be better for our players than playing Mata as winger.

Lukaku has more attributes in him to use him just as a target man. We just need proper fullbacks to get the best out of team.

luke511

He's a monster on that right wing, once he picks his pace up he's as quick as Bale :lol: Belgium lined up perfectly tonight.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If you give him space he’s an absolute machine. So happy to see him performing well.

fallengt

Henry has done excellent job coaching big Rom. His movement off the ball has improved noticeably. If he fixes his first touch, Lukaku will be the best 9 in the world

Jose might want to consider to hire an attacking coach after this world cup

Yagami

Good post resistant
Said it time and time again - play him on the right. He's great there.

Status
Not open for further replies.