MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli
May 13, 1993 (24)
Belgium

1,91 m
Foot: Left

José Mourinho said:
He was difficult to get, he is from the Premier League. Obviously, there are other good strikers in football, but the Premier League is a very specific habitat. A difficult habitat for strikers and normally they need some time to adapt, but Lukaku has been in the Premier League for five seasons.

Now he comes to a club with different responsibilities in the right moment of his career. He is still a young player but he has years of experience in the Premier League and the Belgian national team. He will go into the Champions League, which was also his main motivation.

Romelu is not a player that participates a lot in the build-up play. He is a player that normally plays in the last third. We had so many opponents last season that decided clearly to defend, closing spaces, playing with lots of defenders and defensive midfield players.

We needed a target man, which is not Martial or Rashford. We have good options, good players, but a target man, a clear number nine, one who is comfortable to play in the box, we thought that was Romelu.

Last edited:

Giggsy92

I know we normally get carried away with what to expect from new signings but I'll be disappointed if he doesn't hit the 30 mark.

Zoo

Excited to see the link up with Pogba. It could work beautifully.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He's been looking good in the pictures so far.
Great performance.

dolfen_essence

Jose just said he won't play the first pre season game, will play 45mins in the second, seems everyone will rotate game to game for 45mins

NoPace

Whoscored has ourweaknesses as a team as:

Finishing scoring chances - Weak
Avoiding offside - Very Weak

Could see Lukaku fixing both of those.

devil in me

I know we normally get carried away with what to expect from new signings but I'll be disappointed if he doesn't hit the 30 mark.
Yep, especially with a manager like Jose who keeps the spine of his team the same for pretty much every game. I'd expect Lukaku to play about 50 games next season, so 30 goals is a good target.

RedStarUnited

He scores so many different type of goals.But man, The amount of beauties Deulofeu put on the plate for him! Doubt we have anyone with such great delivery out wide.

izec

Why shouldnt he play in the first game? He wasnt injured and didnt have any games in the summer, and he is training with the squad. I would say the sooner he bonds with the players the better

darioterios

He scores so many different type of goals.But man, The amount of beauties Deulofeu put on the plate for him! Doubt we have anyone with such great delivery out wide.
sorry just can't help myself with this nice little joke;)

podurban2

Has anyone mentioned his injury record? Last time he was out was in March, 2015. He's only had two injuries since 13/14 season, nine(!) games total.

Source: Transfermarkt

Jonno

Mourinho, what a guy.

Just keeps signing brilliant players. No more of this Depay, Shaw, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Di Maria gambles

Constant gems who you just know will be a success, always improves the entire spine year in year out.

Lukaku is a beast, a goalscorer, he's young, hungry and I think he's on the perfect platform now to take his game to the top end.

Status
Not open for further replies.