Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lukaku is constantly posting videos and pictures of Alexis, seems they’re really good mates.
I can imagine his winning personality really rubs off on Lukaku. It's great to have people like Alexis around the team, especially as we lost Ibra this year too.

ash_86

This guy is so important to how we play. When Rashford replaced him, the difference was there to be seen. Wishing him a speedy recovery soon!!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Awful performance today, no movement, poor workrate and what a terrible first touch. Seemed like every move broke down when the ball fell to him. We may not of been great when he came off but we were certainly no worse.

EasyE

The absolute crap written above this post. Jesus. His hold up play was great today considering we couldn't be arsed attacking. He also made a goal.

Good first season imo. Positively seeing if he can improve into next season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Thought he was fine today, held up the ball well and laid it off with some good passes. Not bad for a team performance which rarely got out of 2nd gear.

Shame he won't get the assist for the goal. Sanchez should have buried that, though it was very good last ditch defending from Bellerin.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Apart from, you know, the goal?

The rest of your post is mainly drivel too...
It's not. It's am opinion, from where I stood without commentary his first touch was tragic and his movement poor. He put in a good cross for the goal. He's an excellent crosser of the ball to be fair.

I'll watch the game back on TV for touches etc, seemed extremely poor from the strety, his movement was definitely poor and plenty of moves broke down with him and Lingard. To be fair to all the players as a team we were terrible so for me that's on the manager.

No need to be so aggressive though it's only opinion

Djemba-Djemba

He's easily the best crosser at the club.

If he was able to cross to himself he'd be on 40 goals for the season.

The injury didn't look too serious but you never know. Hopefully he's okay for Wembley. We looked lost after he went off.

Canagel

We were poor both with him and without him but worse without him. Rashford is nowhere near ready to be leading the line. Lukaku has a lot of things to improve still. I'm not completely convinced. It's been a solid 1st season but next season we are hopefully going to invest in some fullbacks and midfielders so I expect more goals from him. I expect at least 35-40 goals from the main striker.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Didn't really notice him much before the injury so not his best game.
He put a chance on a plate for Sanchez who messed it up. His teammates mess-up most of the chances he creates so I can understand why he seemed to have an uneventful game.

Rajma

It's not. It's am opinion, from where I stood without commentary his first touch was tragic and his movement poor. He put in a good cross for the goal. He's an excellent crosser of the ball to be fair.

I'll watch the game back on TV for touches etc, seemed extremely poor from the strety, his movement was definitely poor and plenty of moves broke down with him and Lingard. To be fair to all the players as a team we were terrible so for me that's on the manager.

No need to be so aggressive though it's only opinion
Or lack of...that's his worst aspect, don't mind occasional bad touch but that element should be fixed sharpish. Zlatan with all his age had a much better movement in and around the box, obviously he could no longer run the channels. By the way his poor movement goes unseen on a TV, so I understand those who can't see it and reckon it's merely an agenda.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's brilliant. His crossing is excellent. Can really pick a man out and not just hit and hope. He keeps his head up and seems to always find an extra second on the ball to make the right pass. Throught the flick to Lingard was a tad unlucky, not perfectly executed but still -- it shows that he has it in his locker. He's only 24. I'm fully confident that in couple of years time he will be a world class striker, capable of anything. A match winner in his right. From what we hear he's a student of the game and just wants to get better and if he has that type of attitude then sky is the limit for our Rom!

I can't help but compare him to Drogba. I know they weren't the same type of strikers and Drogba's record isn't actually that great apart from one season but Didier was a fecking cracking player. But he was also a fecking unknown at the age Lukaku is now. Remember when he first came to Chelsea it took him a couple of seasons to become the player he was? Remember how bad Drogba's touch was. In fact Drogba was shite at everything at first. He scored a rare goal with his shin and the papers took the piss with headlines "We're going to shin the league". Once he settled in and got his confidence he became unplayable at times. I believe Lukaku will turn out to be the same or even better, since he's more of goal scorer anyway.

I'm so glad we've signed him!!

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I really like Lukaku, and do believe he's improved a fair bit across a very good first season with us.

But I was shocked at how rattled Fellaini managed to get that defense, relative to when Lukaku was on. Made me wonder if he's not 'putting himself about' in aerial duels the way he potentially could, given his size.

Also needs to just not bother with the little finesse touches a la Iniesta etc. Not in his locker, just gives the ball away every time. He overhit the one to Jesse by about 5x the distance it needed to travel.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I really like Lukaku, and do believe he's improved a fair bit across a very good first season with us.

But I was shocked at how rattled Fellaini managed to get that defense, relative to when Lukaku was on. Made me wonder if he's not 'putting himself about' in aerial duels the way he potentially could, given his size.

Also needs to just not bother with the little finesse touches a la Iniesta etc. Not in his locker, just gives the ball away every time. He overhit the one to Jesse by about 5x the distance it needed to travel.
That’s becauas apart from Lukaku, nobody else in our squad seemed to know what a cross was.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Lukakus aerial game is probably a weakness to be honest. In the box he is okay at attacking the ball, but everywhere else he is pretty shot at dealing with high balls. Fellaini is streets ahead in that aspect... If theres one thing we can give Fellaini credit for, it's how he can bring the ball down on his chest, or finding space in the box and always seeming to be on the end of crosses/high balls.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be somewhat okay with him missing the next few weeks, or at least being rested as a precaution until the cup final so that we can get martial/Sanchez/rashford into form. Play all 3 of them from the start in the last 3 games of the season as the front 3 (not rashford as the striker), then whichever of the 3 has the least impact gets dropped for the final for Rom.

Also I do think it's important to build up a system without Lukaku so Mourinho doesnt shit himself the second lukaku is injured and doesnt know what to do. Also so we can rest/rotate when he loses form a bit in the future. Nobody should be untouchable apart from De Gea in this side, so having real competition could push him further.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Those two Fellaini's headers not from Lukaku.
I meant from when Lukaku was on.

Young forgot that he knew what a cross was until Martial came on and started demonstrating how it’s supposed to be done. We would have been so much more dangerous if we had Martial on with Lukaku on the pitch.

SSSSnake

He’s such a work horse. Massive respect for him now. I knew he had potential but now we watch him week in week out you can see how hard he works.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looks like he's going to be for for the final. Probably miss the Brighton game though. Not that it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.