4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley R1+O

Huzaaaah! A tap in! Finally! Much much better today and the hard pressing in behind him with Matic as the anchor and Lukaku at the point I think suits this team a lot better. Getting more downhill goals will be important for his confidence going into the meaty end of the season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wow, that gif...instead of trying to control it he should have let the ball go past him and run after it and he actually might have gone 1v1 towards the goalie.

Trizy

He lost the ball 5 yards outside our box with his famous terrible first touch after a 5 yard pass to him from Matic. That turned over possession that lead to their penalty 6 seconds later. He's fecking useless.

Source: 65 minutes 05 seconds into the match. @GifLord

reddevil702

Has regressed this season.
Quite a bit but he's done better the last 2 games. Although that's not saying much since his form was so bad. We really need the Lukaku from last season if we're going to have any chance at top 4.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Has regressed this season.
Massively. Which, in a weird way, is a positive. What we're seeing this season is the worst he's been (taking into account the normal curve of a footballer's improvement). Whereas the best we've seen from him before (that last season at Everton) would be pretty good (relatively speaking). I think he's more likely to return to the latter than stick to the former.

UncleBob

Massively. Which, in a weird way, is a positive. What we're seeing this season is the worst he's been (taking into account the normal curve of a footballer's improvement). Whereas the best we've seen from him before (that last season at Everton) would be pretty good (relatively speaking). I think he's more likely to return to the latter than stick to the former.
How ?

Sir Scott McToMinay

He probably thinks he could do better.

There’s literally zero logic in him wanting out, he’s been one of the first name on the teamsheet since joining the club, gets paid A LOT, the only logical reason for him to want to leave the club can only be that he can’t deal with the pressure of being the no.9 of Manchester United.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He lost the ball 5 yards outside our box with his famous terrible first touch after a 5 yard pass to him from Matic. That turned over possession that lead to their penalty 6 seconds later. He's fecking useless.

Source: 65 minutes 05 seconds into the match. @GifLord

Foxbatt

It is quite funny if not tragic for us. Why on Earth did Matic pass it to Lukaku in that position? He should know his control is so bad that it is very likely Lukaku will lose control.

UncleBob

I don't think he was expecting a pass in that position . His touch wasn't the best but that was not a good pass to make . The first one is his fault though
He was staring right at Matic with his body perfectly positioned to get the pass and move the ball forward

Foxbatt

Having seen it a few times I am going to give Lukaku the benefit of the doubt. He may be close but the pass was also not that very good.

Mcking

I know everyone will focus on the part he miscontrolled the ball. It was the same after the Palace game.

midou

Loses the ball in attack, loses the ball in defense in the space of 20 seconds.

Stepney73

He's really poor at using his main attribute(his size)and he should be bullying defenders left right and centre.

10 years or so ago he would have been at a club like Bolton or Stoke.

Fluctuation0161

I don't think he was expecting a pass in that position . His touch wasn't the best but that was not a good pass to make . The first one is his fault though
Got to disagree with you. Any footballer should be expected to control that. Even in my work 5 a side!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
God almighty - I’m not quite sure what’s most shocking here. The Sunday league attempt at an offside trap, the horrible marking, the thought that they didn’t need to bother marking him or the fact he didn’t let that ball just run through for a 1v1.

We could have drilled 6-8 goals in to this team today with a decent striker and not played 10 men for most of the game

Foxbatt

He's really poor at using his main attribute(his size)and he should be bullying defenders left right and centre.

10 years or so ago he would have been at a club like Bolton or Stoke.
Agree with you. With his size he should be bullying defenders. But all the defenders bully him. I think Scholes was right. He thinks he has to be this brilliant footballer who can control the ball and play good football instead of concentrating on his strengths. We used to have nasty strikers or strikers who had brilliant ball control.
Lukaku is neither.

Foxbatt

Interesting take by Berba. He also mentioned about the team mates giving him easy passes. The problem with it is that there is not one player in this team who can give those passes regularly. It is funny that Berba mentioned the first touch or lack of a good first touch from Lukaku.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I like him, a lot as a lad.

And it was great to see him get a goal at OT...

But he isn't right for this particular side and what we want to see at OT.

Being the main CF for Manchester United is a lot like being the manager of Manchester United, in that, there is a lot of pressure to deliver, and also, what's good enough for mid-league ain't good enough for Old Trafford.

Rom is probably best suited to somewhere like Spurs, and ironically Kane is probably suited to somewhere like United - an elite club that actually expects to win trophies.

In fact, you could further with that and say that Rom is actually like the Spurs of strikers - good, very good on his day, but never quite goes all the way - a bottler, in more blunt terms.

I think it'd be great for both clubs if we offered Spurs Rom plus serious cash for Kane.

Kane would get to come somewhere and win trophies (we've won more trophies in the last 4 seasons than Spurs have won in the last 25 years...), and Rom would get to go somewhere where the demands would be more suited to his personality. And Spurs would get a good replacement for Kane.

Either way, I think United should be in for a new CF in the Summer, and I say that as someone likes Rom and hopes he does well in the future.

youmeletsfly

I like him, a lot as a lad.

And it was great to see him get a goal at OT...

But he isn't right for this particular side and what we want to see at OT.

Being the main CF for Manchester United is a lot like being the manager of Manchester United, in that, there is a lot of pressure to deliver, and also, what's good enough for mid-league ain't good enough for Old Trafford.

Rom is probably best suited to somewhere like Spurs, and ironically Kane is probably suited to somewhere like United - an elite club that actually expects to win trophies.

In fact, you could further with that and say that Rom is actually like the Spurs of strikers - good, very good on his day, but never quite goes all the way - a bottler, in more blunt terms.

I think it'd be great for both clubs if we offered Spurs Rom plus serious cash for Kane.

Kane would get to come somewhere and win trophies (we've won more trophies in the last 4 seasons than Spurs have won in the last 25 years...), and Rom would get to go somewhere where the demands would be more suited to his personality. And Spurs would get a good replacement for Kane.

Either way, I think United should be in for a new CF in the Summer, and I say that as someone likes Rom and hopes he does well in the future.
Not trying to be an @SS, but what do you like about the guy?

To me he seems he talks a lot of shi7 in interviews and also seems to kiss Jose's backside whenever he has the chance.

In regards to your other side of the post, you are mostly right but wrong on the spurs part. He is suited to everton, at max.

The guy lacks:
- first touch
- passing
- positioning
- runs between the lines
- decent finishing ability
- heading ability (not entirely but he is not that good at it)

I am definitely not trying to hate on him or on you, but considering the above, how the feck is he suited for a top 2-4 team like Spurs?

He seems a decent lad and not very flashy like today's idiot football players, but as a playet himself he is bang average.

I know I am bashing him when he is on form, but I feel most of us were tricked by his high scoring rate and were expecting a really good striker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Loses the ball in attack, loses the ball in defense in the space of 20 seconds.
Makes me have flashbacks of him assisting both City goals in the derby last December.

UncleBob

Interesting take by Berba. He also mentioned about the team mates giving him easy passes. The problem with it is that there is not one player in this team who can give those passes regularly. It is funny that Berba mentioned the first touch or lack of a good first touch from Lukaku.
Generally speaking, he's right. Keep things simple, build up the confidence, constant focus on goalscoring stats isn't helping, slowly improve.

But it's not like we're constantly pinging difficult passes to him, putting him in dire situations or anything like that, he's just struggling to get even the most basic stuff right. Like the pass from Rashford in the 33rd min that GifLord posted a gif of:

- He's standing with his back towards goal, pointing that he wants the ball to his feet, when there's so much space behind him that it's absolutely criminal defending. The gap is mind numbingly huge between the Fulham defenders, but he's not aware of it. It's absurd that he's not facing goal, ready to take advantage of such space, he should be ready for a ball in behind the defence that puts him one on one with the goalkeeper.

- Fair enough, ignore the above and focus on what happens. It's a quick pass, needs to be, but it hardly explains how he manages to lose control by nutmegging himself and allowing the defender to react to what's about to happen and then easily get ahead of Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.