4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

2 world class assists, even if the rest of his performance was average you can't knock that out. Deserves MOTM for these 2 assists for me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Must give him credit tonight. What I can see is he is trying to learn how to play football. Looks to have been working on his game.

Been a working theory for a while that he may be better from the right, and for the first time in a long time we posed a threat from that area of the pitch.

Raw

2 really good assists but not so great other than that. Still, he made the difference and deserves a lot of credit.

InfiniteBoredom

Turns out he plays better when there’s less pressure on his first touch, who would have thought.

I like this right winger we have here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Like I said, he'll have his uses. He's not good enough to be an automatic name on the teamsheet but you need quality depth, especially up top, and Ole is finding a way to keep them all happy.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Played like shit, won us the game :lol: Those passes were brilliant though, especially the first one.

My main issue with him today had probably more to do with Solskjaer than with him. Arsenal constantly had numerical advantage on the left — and it's okay when it's in a quick attack, but when they have 3 attackers against 2 defenders for a minute and Lukaku still doesn't come back... we were lucky that their left wing was awful today (even though they still created one goal from there).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is getting the numbers, his numbers should be very good under Ole. IIRC 3 goals and 2 assists in around 230 mins.

Aint gota Kalou

Played like shit, won us the game :lol: Those passes were brilliant though, especially the first one.

My main issue with him today had probably more to do with Solskjaer than with him. Arsenal constantly had numerical advantage on the left — and it's okay when it's in a quick attack, but when they have 3 attackers against 2 defenders for a minute and Lukaku still doesn't come back... we were lucky that their left wing was awful today (even though they still created one goal from there).
I think that was the calculated risk he decided to take. Same happened against Spurs.

ash_86

We've been screaming to try Lukaku on the right and it worked. He seems to play better when the pressure is off him. Very good player to have up top.

Jib

Weird

Amazing for 10 min, he played like Henry and after that he played like Lukaku :houllier:

AgentP

That was our strategy really. Allow their full backs to get forward and hit them on the break. We create a 3v2 upfront while they have the numerical advantage on the wing. We can't have Lukaku follow their full back around and also play on the counter. We took the risk and reaped the rewards.

Devil may care

First assist in particular was very deft and he showed good awareness on the second as well, credit where it's due, he was awful in the second half but played 2 key parts in us winning the game.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think that was the calculated risk he decided to take. Same happened against Spurs.
That was our strategy really. Allow their full backs to get forward and hit them on the break. We create a 3v2 upfront while they have the numerical advantage on the wing. We can't have Lukaku follow their full back around and also play on the counter. We took the risk and reaped the rewards.
Yeah, but still, with Lingard or Rashford on the wing you have a different situation. They don't participate much in defending and their role is to be ready to break forward, yet somehow they don't hurt the team shape the same way Lukaku did tonight. I don't think that he's physically capable of performing that role though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We've been screaming to try Lukaku on the right and it worked. He seems to play better when the pressure is off him. Very good player to have up top.
Lukaku played like that for Everton, constantly drifting out wide. He's not a traditional striker despite being an absolute tank. His judgement of aerial balls is one of the worst in the league, and his play back to goal is mediocre. He is however near unplayable when running into space.

I've said this before, but if Lukaku had a good touch it'd be cheating because he is a freight train when he gets going. He doesn't have a good touch because he is so big and strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.