4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

Missed chances but was involved and looked threatening. Of course he'd be hooked off instead of the United golden boy Lingard.

Morpheus 7

Not clinical, think we should cash out and try and get a proper finisher. Saying that, we have a shopping list of things to fix before that.

AndyJ1985

He's nowhere near good enough for the level we aspire to be at. But in a few weeks when he scores a couple goals after another barren spell, we'll be told what a great player he is.

el3mel

The bad Lukaku is bad. Didn't even last more than 3 games of his good form, hell.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Altidore is better in the air and has better hold up play. He is currently in the MLS.

I watch both players all the time and I can say that statement is true.

Classical Mechanic

Altidore is better in the air and has better hold up play. He is currently in the MLS.

I watch both players all the time and I can say that statement is true.
It’s about levels. Altidore played in the PL and was absolute garbage, literally one of the worst strikers to appear in the league ever. He scored 2 goals in 70 games.

Sterling Archer

:lol:

So true. I swear when I saw him thumbs up Young for terrible long ball that Usain Bolt wouldn't catch I wanted to smack my TV.
Every time Young got the ball I saw Lukaku make a run, only for Young to dawdle not play it or lump it aimlessly into an area Lukaku couldn't reach. The big man may not be as technically sound as some but this kind of shite from young and our midfield kills us. Same for Rashford...kid makes so many runs in behind you just need to hit them..

Dr. StrangeHate

Missed chances but was involved and looked threatening. Of course he'd be hooked off instead of the United golden boy Lingard.
When you are down to 10 men you have to keep Lingard for his work rate. Most managers would have made that decision.

Devil may care

Missed a sitter and killed off another chance he might have had with one of his horrid first touches, other than he was just kinda there, chasing shitty balls from Pogba and Young.

UnitedFan93

He's a striker for a top 6 club which is where we'll probably finish...6th. If we don't get top 4 think back to the arsenal match where he had a bucket load of chances and didn't take one. Aguero would've got a hattrick that day. That's the difference between good strikers and world class strikers. He needs binning, Everton was his level.

Last edited:

Twingatz

Jimenez is not a better striker than Lukaku. Neither is Altidore. People stop smoking crack.

Twingatz

Our issue is that we don't have any wings to provide service to any of our strikers and midfielder fail to give good service.

He needs to improve on his movement but he wasn't as bad as a lot of our players were out there today.

We really don't play well with him in the team. He'll score goals against the run of play but he is incapable of getting involved in possession football.

Twingatz

He's a striker for a top 6 club which is where we'll probably finish...6th. If we don't get top 4 think back to the arsenal match where he had a bucket load of chances and didn't take one. Aguero would've got a hattrick that day. That's the difference between good strikers and world class strikers. He needs binning, Everton was his level.
With the service provided today Aguero wouldn't have gotten a sniff.

Fracture90

Our issue is that we don't have any wings to provide service to any of our strikers and midfielder fail to give good service.

He needs to improve on his movement but he wasn't as bad as a lot of our players were out there today.
Except he got that beautiful cross from Dalot (our RW tonight) which he failed to score from…

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lukaku just came back from injury didn't he? Player usually get a game or two to get back into the rhythm.

UnitedFan93

With the service provided today Aguero wouldn't have gotten a sniff.
I was talking about the Arsenal match where he had a load of chances laid on a plate and missed them all. That was the match we had to win or at least not lose and we lost.

Today he didn't have as many chances but still he should of scored his header. Anyway, special players like Aguero create chances for themselves which Lukaku cannot do. We need strikers who will pull something special out of a hat like Rooney used to do for us, when the team was struggling and hanging on. Lukaku will never be that player.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Not clinical, think we should cash out and try and get a proper finisher. Saying that, we have a shopping list of things to fix before that.
A top top class deadly finisher should be a priority signing. The trouble is I don’t see any RVN’s or RVP’s out there at the moment.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
He's good enough to be part of a rotation and Ole has treated him as such, no issues here for me. Yes we paid for more than a squad player but here we are.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He would have scored in the first few minutes. Then it's a totally different game at 2-0.
He also wouldn't have got in the way of McTominay's shot, miscontrolled the pass into the box, and ran behind the defenders while Pogba was on the wing looking for someone to run into the space in the box.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Aguero misses sitters all the time. If we had Aguero, he would have scored a goal out of nothing, that's the difference between a good striker and great strike. Great strikers spot small holes in a defence and take advantage of it to get a shot off. Kane and Aguero do it all the time, a drop of the shoulder and they have a clean sight on goal. Lukaku is lethal when running into space, but poor with his back to goal.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
It’s about levels. Altidore played in the PL and was absolute garbage, literally one of the worst strikers to appear in the league ever. He scored 2 goals in 70 games.
Lukaku is a better scorer and better player but he is behind Altidore in terms of winning headers and hold up play.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
This is the thing with Lukaku. His differing qualities make him a decent plan b option but he's never going to be that clinical. He will have games like he did in Paris where he makes the difference, but he'll also have games like today where his poor finishing allowed Wolves back in to the game.

Canagel

How many times is he missing game defining sitters? Everytime he misses we seem to lose.

AKDevil

How many times is he missing game defining sitters? Everytime he misses we seem to lose.
Called it. Told my friends to lump on the Wolves win after early miss. That’s Brighton, Spurs, Arsenal and tonight now. Could have been Southampton too but, credit where it’s due, he won that one in the end.

Ashley R1+O

Did well when he came short and linked up play but there wasn't enough of it after the early pressure. If we can play like that and give 90 minutes of it then he might get more chances like the header that he missed. One of those is not enough per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.