4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

He was much better last season and in the world cup so no idea what has happened with him. Lack of a pre season and poor fitness?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He weighs close to 90kg but gets fecked by a featherweight in aerial duels :lol:
Can't make this shit up

redmeister

I thought thing with Lukaku is to ignore his obvious technical flaws as people forget how young he is! You don't get to score goals at a young age in senior football, unless you are insanely talented, even if you are 15 stone plus, 6ft 3" at 16 years old. It's all raw talent and by the time this guy is 25 he'll be better than Messi.

Minimalist

Not great Bob!

Think he’ll be gone unless he wants to sit on the bench. Just isn’t consistent enough with his general play.

el3mel

15 goals in fecking 43 matches. Won't even hit 20 this season.

Disgraceful from our striker.

Steven-UK

I doubt even Everton would take him back on a free at this moment in time.

One of our worst ever strikers at the club, no doubt. His total lack of footballing ability is all to see. He is so weak at holding the ball up it's unreal for the size of the guy.

Then he'll score two tap-ins, and people on this forum will rave about him, forgetting his total lack of contribution for the previous 15 games - other than his constant pointing when he fecks up continuously.

Lukaku is technically no better than a League 2 player (at a push).

It's embarrassing to have that calibre of striker as our main forward/goal scorer. That needs to change in the summer.

Mcking

He was feeding off scraps the whole game. Amazing that we got one of the best strikers in the league and reduced him to this.

Djemba-Djemba

15 goals in fecking 43 matches. Won't even hit 20 this season.

Disgraceful from our striker.
He had 4 in his first 4 or 5 games of the season and then he scored 6 in a week in March

Short bursts of goals then months where he contributes nothing

el3mel

He had 4 in his first 4 or 5 games of the season and then he scored 6 in a week in March

Short bursts of goals then months where he contributes nothing
Did the same last season when scored 11 goals in his first 2 months then went the entire season to score 16 goals only.

OneLoveMUFC

Lukaku has to go in the summer. Terrible first touch and if he has his back to goal he needs about three touches to turn full circle.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was never this bad for Everton. I don’t understand what’s happened to him.

He used to have the odd dodgy touch here and there but he was always a threat.

These days he just can’t hold off any defenders, he rarely makes any runs. We just can’t build up anything with him upfront.

redmeister

These days he just can’t hold off any defenders, he rarely makes any runs. We just can’t build up anything with him upfront.
Yes he was. Read what they were saying about him, during his first 2 permanent seasons, on their forums.

Canagel

Why is it quiet here and pages of pages filled up already in the Pogba thread?
Everyone talks of pogba's transfer but this guy cost us nearly the same and couldn't trap the ball to save his life.

ash_86

He simply is a poor footballer no two ways to see it . When he receives the ball under pressure he has not clue what to do with it. On top of it his touch and shielding technique make him a no go for any top team

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's just not very good.

He became a professional footballer because of his size and speed at such a young age, not because of his technique.

Now he's grown up and is fully fledged, we see just how bad he is technically.

That said, he was given feck all today from the rest of the team so it's not really a surprise that he didn't play very well.

Virgil

Personally I reckon it boils down to what type of centre forward we want. He manages to score more than his fair share of goals for his country and has a decent number in the premiership. Trouble is with our current lack of width and an inability to play a decent through ball from midfield we expect him to be a holdup target man in the mould of Hughes or RVN. That type of player he aint nor will he ever be. His pace and power is what he has going for him. If we are unable or unwilling to give him the type of service he thrives on then we had better get rid of him whilst he would still sell him for a decent price.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Deserves a special mention today in how poor he was. Couldn't control a single thing. Yet another game without a single shot and another game adding to the long list where he didn't even look close to getting on the end of a chance let alone scoring. Mind boggling how a big name striker who can actually score a decent amount of goals can go so long looking like he can't even get a chance in the first place.

Devil81

Dreadful player, thought Ole would get the best out of him but he's just not up to the standard required for a team aiming to play any sort of football other than hoof ball.

The Nani

Why is it quiet here and pages of pages filled up already in the Pogba thread?
Everyone talks of pogba's transfer but this guy cost us nearly the same and couldn't trap the ball to save his life.
Because Jose somehow managed to make Pogba the scapegoat of Manchester United Football Club.

All of our forwards were far, far worse. And Lukaku by far the worst of a bad bunch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Different expectations. Was always streaky, just wasn't the end of the world for them if they went 5 games without a win or he didn't score in 5 games. From a technique point of view, he was never good enough. He almost never stood out in big games and that has remained. He's just not a good enough footballer and that's why Mourinho got rid of him when he was at Chelsea. Why he brought him to United I'll never know.

m1tch

Will be hard to sell him for anything but a big loss, but it'll be the right thing to do all the same. There's no point chasing a loss.

kundalini

Ball goes in the direction of Lukaku, Everton defender comes away in possession, starts attack; again, again, repeat, again.

Solskjaer goes on and on about how he wants his team to out-run opponents, in which case it is almost impossible to carry 3 or 4 players that run noticeably shorter distances than similar players for other teams. If he is to accommodate Lukaku, then the other players that barely run, will have to be benched.

Last edited:

cyberman

I'm sick of seeing him a yard off a through ball or when he mis controls a pass and he does that stupid thumbs up to the passer. It's starting to drive me up the wall.

Saffron

You know it’s bad when not even haram is bending over backwards defending him.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The thing I love about Lukaku is that his first touch is always a pass.

Just a pity that its rarely to another player.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Its quite simple, he always believed he was destined for the top, so worked his bollocks off to get a big move.

Got his big move, and then stopped doing what he did to get it.

passing-wind

The article earlier on about him being up for sale I think he's been potentially told he doesn't have a role next season, the funny thing is Rashford deserves the door aswell but by way of a loan. If Ole goes into next season with Rashford as a No 9 he'll be out the door by Christmas. Rashford will not win you points or games, he's got no instinct in front of goal, just a hopeless knuckle ball shot from outside the box.

beergod

I'm sick of seeing him a yard off a through ball or when he mis controls a pass and he does that stupid thumbs up to the passer. It's starting to drive me up the wall.
That and his clap do my head in every time.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
A United striker should have better first touches than him. End of.

Water Melon

Lukaku is not really pacey, not a good header of the ball, mis controls a pass a lot, nor is he a dribbler. He is a big lad, a battering ram that can be stopped fairly easily these days. We are in a damage limitation mode now. Sell him sooner rather than later and try to promote from within.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Its quite simple, he always believed he was destined for the top, so worked his bollocks off to get a big move.

Got his big move, and then stopped doing what he did to get it.
Look at him at Everton. He looked so nimble like peak Drogba. (He even did that Nani backflip in 2:52 min.). Now he looks like Drogba on steroid, huff and puff after every run.

Red_toad

He was feeding off scraps the whole game. Amazing that we got one of the best strikers in the league and reduced him to this.
His hold up play is the weakest part of his game, yet he’s expected to be able to hold the ball up every time he plays, unless he’s shifted out onto the wing.

So either he needs to leave and the club purchase or develop a replacement. Or we buy players to compliment him.
Horrific performance against Everton, truely terrible. But in the right set up he’ll score a lot of goals. I don’t think he’s got much of a future at United, as Ole wants more adaptable, harder working players...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hard to be very critical of him based solely on that game. The buildup play was atrocious and all the forwards struggled as a result.

However I continue to feel he's not starter material for Manchester United - merely due to the kind of player he is. He has enough moments people point to - 3 goals in 3, inventive bits of play, strong runs in behind etc. But as as footballer, his technical ability is far too basic for us. If he's happy being rotational or even backup then let's keep him. But ideally I'd want a CF who can bring others into play and adds value to our buildup.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Surely he was more mobile/agile at Everton? He used to bulldoze through a defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.