Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
What happened to his movement? He had very intelligent runs in his Everton days and in his debut season with us. This season, absolutely brain-dead.

haram

Is he some sort of your relative? Nobody is defending Sanchez as he is also shit, but Lukaku is never the man to lead out team to glory. Just admit it, he will go to Italy and maybe you can follow him there.
It matters what the players around him do. If de Gea doesn’t make that error no one is in this thread talking shit.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Lukaku was not the reason why we dropped points. In fact, if we had got all three he would have been one of the main reasons. feck off.
We dropped a lot of points this season because of his inability to score goals.
This compilation is from the start of the season till end of Oct. Look how many chances he fecked in less than 3 months

haram

I actually attend games supporting the whole team, regardless of the manager and who is on the pitch. Morons in here telling me to go follow Lukaku to his next club need to pipe down.

Hoof the ball

The argument for Lukaku, especially when he plays bad usually is the following :-

"If we had the right players to provide him the service, he'd come good."

Spot the problem. It involves building your entire team around Lukaku. A top team should never build their team around a limited player, unless they're a mid-table side or lower. You build your team around your best players, play the kind of football which benefits them the most, and then buy other players to compliment that approach.

At this point, we have a decision to make. A footballing one. How are we going to play? Then we need to sacrifice players like Lukaku for better and harder working team players.

M Bison

Supports
York City
A good preseason in him and I think he’ll be an asset next season (assuming he’s still here). Looks unfit, Neville highlighted it in commentary and he was spot on which is why he disappeared in the second half.

Hoof the ball

A good preseason in him and I think he’ll be an asset next season (assuming he’s still here). Looks unfit, Neville highlighted it in commentary and he was spot on which is why he disappeared in the second half.
That's rather hopeful.

Fitness improvements, unfortunately, do not account for issues of technical deficiency. Such things will not demonstrably alter between this moment and the beginning of next season, and that is the issue.

M Bison

Supports
York City
That's rather hopeful.

Fitness improvements, unfortunately, do not account for issues of technical deficiency. Such things will not demonstrably alter between this moment and the beginning of next season, and that is the issue.
Its not the only issue though. He looks a worse player than he did for Everton and I think his fitness plays a massive part of that.

No one becomes a worse player by being fitter, it helps with all aspects of your game when at peak fitness.

He’s never going to able RvN or RVP for us but he’s better than he’s showing/showed this season.

Hoof the ball

Its not the only issue though. He looks a worse player than he did for Everton and I think his fitness plays a massive part of that.
No one becomes a worse player by being fitter, it helps with all aspects of your game when at peak fitness.
He’s never going to able RvN or RVP for us but he’s better than he’s showing/showed this season.
He's had all season to get into good condition. The only variable in the equation is the long WC he had with Belgium coupled with his pre-World Cup lean bulk. Trying to lose body fat during a season (and not prior to) can have detrimental effects on stamina and physical performance. That's why boxers begin cuts a long while before a fight and not right before, because it saps strength and energy levels going into performance sports.

NinjaFletch

@GifLord

Do you have the bit around ~71 mins where the ball went long to him and he just stood completely still watching the Chelsea player closest to him move to the ball?

RedDevil5

fecking hell that video of him just standing there and completely mistiming the ball. Beyond useless. This guy is not good enough.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was really good in the first half.
His lack of fitness is embarrassing though, he's not the only one either.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His lack of natural ability to read the flight of balls and position himself looks like you've plucked a basketball player onto a football match. It's absurd. How can you make it to the premier league missing such a fundamental skill?

Aloysius's Back 3

His lack of natural ability to read the flight of balls and position himself looks like you've plucked a basketball player onto a football match. It's absurd. How can you make it to the premier league missing such a fundamental skill?
:lol: so true

Walters_19_MuFc

Apparently made the most sprints today. Think he'll continue to be a useful player for us but he needs to lose all that muscle. Its what's making him tired after each sprint and why he has quite a few sloppy moments in the game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Apparently made the most sprints today. Think he'll continue to be a useful player for us but he needs to lose all that muscle. Its what's making him tired after each sprint and why he has quite a few sloppy moments in the game.
Yeah, agreed. He looks so clumsy and heavy legged when he’s tired. His cardio is awful. And yet it seems like only him and Pogba are capable of unlocking a defence with a clever pass from the edge of the box. The little chip to Shaw was the highest quality moment of the match, from either team.

Devil81

Actually, think he lacks a real strikers instinct. Rojo's header may have been net-bound but he could have diverted the flight of the ball and snatched a goal for himself.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Cheers, worse than I remember. He actually actively runs out of the way of the ball to stand and watch his man have a free header.
To be fair, it looks like he was trying to milk a little shove from Luiz for a free kick.

He was good in the first half but isn't fit enough to sustain it for 90 minutes.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a good player but just not right for us. We don't have the right players around him and we won't do, so hope we manage to sell him this summer, I hope the price and wages won't be an issue for the teams that want him.

His fitness issues are an absolute joke and I think disrespectful to the club.

Andersons Dietician

i mean I expected to come in here to see praise of his performance and then some mention of the him being gassed but just see the being gassed and slagging of his technical ability when in that first half he was an absolute monster. Should have taken that 1 on his right mind instead of switching back to his left.

That pass to Luke was beautiful and it wasn’t the only one he played. Some really nice touches, hold up, control, passes and still the best crosser in the team.

Needs to work on that fitness. What the hell Jose’s mate he pulled in from Inter was up to who knows. Needs to put in some seriously hard sprints over the summer and lean down a bit more if he even can.

Mcking

Although he missed a very presentable chance, he was very good in the first half. Faded with the rest of the team in the second half but was involved. It is farcical that a striker that has as many career goals as him is played everywhere but in the box.

Yagami

Good post resistant
On a more positive note, his pass to Shaw which lead to the Mata goal was gorgeous!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If he's staying with us he needs to shed a serious amount of timber and vastly improve his stamina.

And learn the offside rule.

-Supreme-

I like him and I feel he will perform if provided with better service, I'd be really concerned where the goals will come from if he's sold. We'd be hugely reliant on a new striker to perform immediately.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I like him and I feel he will perform if provided with better service, I'd be really concerned where the goals will come from if we sell him.

We'd be hugely reliant on a new striker to perform immediately,
So when Shaw put him through in the first few minutes....

fps

i mean I expected to come in here to see praise of his performance and then some mention of the him being gassed but just see the being gassed and slagging of his technical ability when in that first half he was an absolute monster. Should have taken that 1 on his right mind instead of switching back to his left.

That pass to Luke was beautiful and it wasn’t the only one he played. Some really nice touches, hold up, control, passes and still the best crosser in the team.

Needs to work on that fitness. What the hell Jose’s mate he pulled in from Inter was up to who knows. Needs to put in some seriously hard sprints over the summer and lean down a bit more if he even can.
He absolutely bullied Chelsea in the first half, but I was surprised he then stayed on the pitch, because it seemed as if, from his effort levels, he had been told he would get 55 minutes.

yamo123x

Just not a utd player.

He cannot play with back to goal,has poor first touch and lacks fitness and the movement that you would expect from a top striker.

Squad player at best but i would cash in now while we can.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To be fair all top strikers do miss chances, but I don't think he's been provided with enough chances in the game of 90 mins.
Maybe he should actually make runs into the 6 yard box..

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
First half was his best performance for some time. Looked the tiredest of everyone in the 2nd half, and he started to fade in the 1st.

He's a good player, but not a great one, but if he's going to stay he really needs to get fitter. Looking at pictures of him at Everton and his 1st season here, he looks like an imposter who ate the original Lukaku. Guy's massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.