4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

He wasn't as bad compared with previous matches but still too easy to read overall.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He want from bright to less mobile than Higuain by the end. To be caught offside every single time near the end of the match is just a complete lack of focus and effort.

That’s the best I’ve seen him play for a long time, and still he was crap. Great pass for Shaw, but then he showcased his utterly pathetic fitness, poor touch, poor movement and absolute laziness in not getting onside at the end of the match.

His fitness and conditioning is a disgrace. He’s meant to be an athlete, instead he looks like a bloke who is playing Sunday league after a night on the booze and kebabs.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Nice play in patches but his physical condition is just not acceptable.

Siorac

First half was one of his best halves this season. Second half was more of his usual performance this season.
And still he fecked up a good chance by being unable to control the ball. His lack of technical ability tends to spoil even his best performances.

Great pass to Shaw though. Not many in the squad can do that, unfortunately.

Stadjer

To be fair all top strikers do miss chances, but I don't think he's been provided with enough chances in the game of 90 mins.
Top strikers miss but for someone with his pricetag, reputation and the fact he isnt very good at anything besides putting the ball behind the goalkeeper you expect him to miss less chances than he does.

Dan_F

So weird that we still try and persist with a fluid front line, so he ends up wide more often than not. Or he’s told to run wide because Young is just going to smash the ball down the line. To be fair he found space a lot today down the right, but the only trick he has is cutting inside and crossing on his left. There was one move where Rashford managed to run past him, but he underhit the pass. The rest of the time I was just waiting on him to do a step over but step on the ball.

Phil Osophy

I bash the man sometimes but today he did well. I think he's wrongly called lazy at times, he just doesn't have the body to put on sustained effort, explosive runs and permanent activity off the ball. He's way too heavy and needs to calculate how he spends his energy. His first half was crazy in terms of running and he paid for it in the second, but overall I think it was a positive performance.

Anyway and precissely because of that I think we should send him to Italy or wherever he wants this summer. The way we want to play we need our attackers to put on permanent pressure off the ball and offer lots of movement in attack. Also his technique betrays him more times than it should, so despite being a good striker and a strong presence in the box we need something more, or something different at least.

humdinger

I don’t think he’s lazy, I think he’s unfit. I don’t question his desire or attitude but watching him chase after long balls in the second half was painful.

Aint gota Kalou

He's good in bursts but simply doesn't have the stamina needed to last 90 minutes. Should only ever play 60 max.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's shockingly bad when he's not in a static position. When he's static and has time, he can pull off some decent passes like the one with Shaw. But in any other situation, he's just terrible at actual football. He rarely squeezes his way through a defence like Suarez or Firmino.

arnie_ni

His lack of natural ability to read the flight of balls and position himself looks like you've plucked a basketball player onto a football match. It's absurd. How can you make it to the premier league missing such a fundamental skill?
He can't judge a goal kick to save his life, its almost as if he needs contacts or soemthing. He very very very rarely wins a header from a long ball

lsd

The Oracle
He want from bright to less mobile than Higuain by the end. To be caught offside every single time near the end of the match is just a complete lack of focus and effort.

He was so far offside which really riled me . I don't blame a players too much if he is caught offside by a matter of inches but Lukaku was off by yards .

That and he was clearly knackered first half when he made one run . I thought he was going to look for oxygen

arnie_ni

I don’t think he’s lazy, I think he’s unfit. I don’t question his desire or attitude but watching him chase after long balls in the second half was painful.
This, he would run all day if he could, he just physically can't. He hauling too much beef

Holocene

I really hope he spends the summer getting his diet and fitness under control. I can't believe I'm even saying this for a professional footballer at this level.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He is simply not good enough.

One of the many that need to be booted out of the club.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's time to question his attitude. He's had all season to sort it out.
Although the same could be said for most of them.

Web of Bissaka

Fantastic start, slowed down gradually towards the end of the game.

Fine game for me -- this is how he normally play last season, worked hard, roaming movements, crisp plays, hungry, uses his tools to the fullest eg. his good balance and strength, etc.

Shark

@NotShark
He worked hard but yet again it’s clear to see that he lacks the ability to play for a club aspiring to be in the top four, never mind challenge the major trophies. Those who think he’s good enough need their eyes checked.

Sylar

Him knocking azpi... Off the ball was hilarious
His assist to Shaw was quality
His run in the first half was great

Then he was gassed and just stood offside
There was one moment in the second half where he held the ball on the side, it hit his other foot and didn't pass to Shaw and Chelsea stole it. Was sad

His first minute miss was a problem we have with all our strikers. He wanted it on his stronger foot and thus didn't shoot with his right
Like how rashford goes outside of right when he should be using left or why Lukaku missed that open goal Vs spurs cos he used his right.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He played with aggression and fire that we only see out of him against Chelsea, which is sad.

It shows he's got it in him to be a real animal, but he just can't be fired up. His fitness is really poor, god knows why he thought bulking up so much would be a good idea. I doubt he will ever be able to reverse it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.