4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh 76

When we were linked with Artounvoic in the summer, I thought it was a joke. But if someone said we could swap Artounvoic with Lukuka for today's game, I would bite their hand off. Quite depressing to be honest.

Andersons Dietician

It’s crazy to think that in the 2016/17 season Lukaku finished the season as the 2nd top scorer with 25 goals and Alexis finished 3rd on 24goals. Now neither look like getting anywhere near those sort of totals.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It’s crazy to think that in the 2016/17 season Lukaku finished the season as the 2nd top scorer with 25 goals and Alexis finished 3rd on 24goals. Now neither look like getting anywhere near those sort of totals.
Lukaku has 4 in 6 and if he keeps up that ratio he will end on 25 goals. Anderson's dietician using Essien's calculator.

Stacks

The way people just go on about Lukaku not being good enough, wont win us the title, doesn't score enough blah blah blah. Why not just admit we are shite and that he is another player whose carrer we've stalled? Man literally bagged in 25 goals in his last season at Everton. You can't do that in this league without being a top top striker. We are the one holding him back, not the other way.
My house mate sees him as a Darren Bent/Yakubu level

acnumber9

My house mate sees him as a Darren Bent/Yakubu level
Yeah, United definitely held him back when he was one on one with the keeper on Tuesday and couldn’t hit the target. United definitely taught him to stand stationary in the box watching the ball. Forced him to have the touch of a particularly unco-ordinated elephant. I feel for him.

Andersons Dietician

Lukaku has 4 in 6 and if he keeps up that ratio he will end on 25 goals. Anderson's dietician using Essien's calculator.
He also scored 3 goals in the first 2 games last season and ended up with 16 so that means absolutely nothing, so back in your hole. You can’t be looking at his performances and thinking he is getting 25 this season, also I made the point we have two guys in the team who are challengers for top scorer and neither look at that sort of level they were at.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How many missed goals will it take to drop him?
None of the people we could play instead of him are more likely to score goals than he is. Which makes dropping him for not scoring enough goals problematic. Especially as he actually has four goals in six games, the same as Aguero and just one short of the league's current top goalscorer.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
When we were linked with Artounvoic in the summer, I thought it was a joke. But if someone said we could swap Artounvoic with Lukuka for today's game, I would bite their hand off. Quite depressing to be honest.
Not to mention ridiculous.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Arnautovic wouldn't play like he is for WH, when are we gonna realize that it has mostly to do with Mourinho than anything else. Any player we bring turns out to be shite/inconsistent/average, it ain't a coincidence

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He doesn't even work hard. Literally too big to run all game. Let's stop with the whole attitude and great mentality bullshit.

el3mel

I fully expect him to end at Everton again 2 years max from now on. We'll lose money in him for sure.

The next manager will chop him off for good.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Another game, another big miss, another awful performance.

Big, cumbersome lump of shit.

We are going to take an almighty hit on his selling fee.

Ashley R1+O

Just stop sponking the ball up to him for christ sake. Absolutely zero service, it is understandable as we were under the kosh the entire game. Worked hard, no support, no luck on that header that hit the post.

Needs a rest, oops no other option behind him. Not much else can be done really.

LoneStar

Bench this useless lump. He doesn't seem to have any clear strength in his game. Average or below average in everything he does.

The_Midfielder

Another game, another big miss, another awful performance.

Big, cumbersome lump of shit.

We are going to take an almighty hit on his selling fee.
What did he miss today?? he had no service today.. It wont work when we keep lumping it to him .. defenders know we lump to him .. so they are ready ..Give him some service .. and lets evaluate

tom33

I'm a huge fan of his, but he's looked a bit off all season so far. Maybe it's a world cup hangover, as he played a lot of football last season?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He doesn't even work hard. Literally too big to run all game. Let's stop with the whole attitude and great mentality bullshit.
No wonder he's sided with Mourinho. He can just shit for 7 games, do a little run here and there, and will still get picked the next game.

And that's while pocketing 200k/wk for his remaining ~3 years, safely knowing no other club on the planet would pay him that much.

arnie_ni

I can see why jose had no problem off loading him at chelsea. Can't for the life of me understand why he then wanted him at united.

His movement is poor, he's always caught offside, offers very little

Greck

Think he's cumbersome and his presence makes it hard to work the ball through central areas but I'm going to hold off on judging any player harshly because everyone is currently playing shite. It's hard to judge player quality in this shitestorm

el3mel

I can see why jose had no problem off loading him at chelsea. Can't for the life of me understand why he then wanted him at united.

His movement is poor, he's always caught offside, offers very little
Ironically he was the only young player at Chelsea that Mourinho was right in getting rid of him.

But then he decides to change his mind and bring him to us. Fecking why ? :houllier:

3KDré

Ironically he was the only young player at Chelsea that Mourinho was right in getting rid of him.

But then he decides to change his mind and bring him to us. Fecking why ? :houllier:
There weren't really any better options available to us at the time. The other option was Morata who is crap.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He can feck off with Jose and Pogba for all i care, i had high hopes for him last year but now i have give up.

AndyJ1985

He's never going to work as the lone striker in our shambles of a team. I wouldn't write him off entirely though, and believe if by some miracle we actually managed to hire a competent coach that got us playing well as a team, Lukaku would do well.

UncleBob

Sanchez, Rashford and Martial? Probably, but neither is in great form either at the moment.
But Lukaku is ?

The main problem isn't the players available, the main problem, in my humble opinion, is that the football we're playing isn't suited to any of them.

Enigma_87

You know who
But Lukaku is ?

The main problem isn't the players available, the main problem, in my humble opinion, is that the football we're playing isn't suited to any of them.
He isn't either but he's the best we got really.

I wouldn't say no to Mandžukić as an option from the bench who we were interested in. Our striker options are really limited. Only Sanchez has proven in the past he can fill somewhat that role.

Both Rashford and Martial are young and not someone who I'd trust to lead the line at a top team at the moment.

Aloysius's Back 3

He isn't either but he's the best we got really.

I wouldn't say no to Mandžukić as an option from the bench who we were interested in. Our striker options are really limited. Only Sanchez has proven in the past he can fill somewhat that role.

Both Rashford and Martial are young and not someone who I'd trust to lead the line at a top team at the moment.
I'd say that Martial, Sanchez & Rashford together have the capability to score more goals than we do as a team that plays all its attacks to one central target.

We are abnormal easy to defend against & our game play is readible. The thing that might happen to Lukaku is probably what happened at Chelsea - where he is used but not used as the primary starting striker leading the line & that would get him frustrated. He is the only big man striker in the team right now so gets away with dross - if a manager comes in and happens to appreciate technical strikers that work to enable a team attack rather than an individuals - players like Martial, Rashford & Sanchez will overtake Lukaku.

RedStarUnited

Im so glas someone else sees this. Every page in this thread you will see “he works hard” and im left thinking how and where?

We are a passive team in the pressing from the front sense, so he doesnt have that burden. His touch and dribbling isnt great so again he doesnt have to do a lot of that. He has really static movement in the box to be honest, so again no effort.

What does he work hard at? Chasing lose balls after a bad touch?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He can feck off with Jose and Pogba for all i care, i had high hopes for him last year but now i have give up.
I have this image of the 3 of them together in a black cab, having been fired, being driven to a bar, where all 3 will drown their sorrows at the bottom of glass, while blaming each other for the cock-up at MUFC.

Canagel

He is actually pissing me off. Get him out of the team for a few games and let someone else play upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.