Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham

Stadjer

Like last week.. the game could have been so different if he would have scored the 1-0. You would expect a world class striker to score those chances he had today and last week....

el3mel

Absolute bottler.

Next season we need to upgrade on him. He'll never be an elite striker. Good stop gap till we get a top striker at least.

NinjaFletch

He simply hasn't been good enough this season and it could be very different if he had been.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Shocking start to the season from him. Missed easy chances to put us 1-0 up in the last two games and hold up play has been abysmal.

AndyJ1985

Comparing City's and Liverpool's fire power to Lukaku is fecking depressing

Fauzan

He has a habit of missing a lot of chances, which costs a LOT in a team that struggles to create

Missing 2 great chances at 0-0 cost us this game
Wouldn't be first choice at any other top club

Hawks2008

Does this guy ever score when we're 0-0? Seems he only ever pads his stats when we're already winning against dross. Awful enough to see how attacks break down when receives the ball in the buildup, but he couldn't even finish a sitter today. Not a top striker.

extincti fugax hominum

Useless donkey i would say if he's not trying very hard. We all know that he's not a top class goalscorer. I wish we gave the ST role to Martial and not signed this guy.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’ve akways been against signing him. He’s trash and shouldn’t be anywhere near a club of this Size. We can’t stick with him any longer the sooner he fecks off the better.

Xeno

He’s shit. Abysmal technique, totally reliant on his physicality against weaker players, as soon as he comes up against a dominant CB he does feck all.

Dogshit.

LoneStar

The difference between Kane and Lukaku was crustal clear today. One misses a sitter, while the other scores a great header from a half chance.

Lukaku is a good striker, but I'm afraid he will never be world class. Never be the player who will make the difference in the ultra tight games. If we had someone like RVP today, the result would have been very different.

An Irish Red

He's a good striker, and he was probably the best striker on the market when we were looking for one, but I don't think he belongs at the level we desire to be at.

There's too many flaws with his game and he simply isn't reliable enough.

Idxomer

He's started terribly this season, needs to be benched and trying someone else up front for a sequence of games.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Feck's sake. What does he even offer right now? He can't finish, he doesn't run in behind, he doesn't hold it up. Feck me, he can hardly judge a header properly. Wast of space.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Poor today. As a striker decent hold-up play is not good enough when you're not sticking away relatively straightforward chances.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thought we should have developed Rash and Martial instead of wasting £80M on him. Should have used that money to get someone on the right and another midfielder. He's fine at times, but mostly not very good at all. That's not enough for us. Everton was definitely his level.

Silas

Wank. Simply should not be the focal point of our attack.

eams conway

The worst number one striker we have had in my living memory he is truely shite! Offers nothing he is big and strong and quick but he can't hold up a ball can't stretch defenders and when he gets a chance 8 outa 10 he will miss ! SHITE

Aloysius's Back 3

Said it before - ultimately playing Martial and Rashford upfront is better than playing Lukaku upfront.

This was said before Lukaku was bought but Jose completely sidelined their striking development for a pure target man which should purely be our SUB player as oure replacement fellaini.

Thought we should have developed Rash and Martial instead of wasting £80M on him. Should have used that money to get someone on the right and another midfielder. He's fine at times, but mostly not very good at all. That's not enough for us. Everton was definitely his level.
Exactly. Was a waste of time that was going to happen proven by Jose's need to play a target man from Ibrahimovic to Lukaku- should have focussed on the two youngsters instead.

tomaldinho1

He'll always be this level, no acceleration and for his size not actually that dominant physically or in the air. A good player who will never be elite level.

The Hacker

Unfortunately the tag of flat track bully comes true on nights like this. He’s the opposite of clinical. He may do better with someone up front with him who’s a more technical finisher, but on his own he’s not who should be leading our line. We will score fewer with him and Sanchez in the line up.

Litch

I like Rom and he's suppose to be the player that makes the difference, he's hurting us at the moment because we needed that goal.....

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Look, no one expects him to curl a screamer in week in week out but damn, these are chances your #1 striker should be scoring without fuss.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Back to back game changing sitters that has plunged us into crisis.

A big, lumbering oaf. The only time I feel confident of him laying it off or controlling it is when we're sending mortar strikes into his head or chest. No footwork whatsoever.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Going from Van Persie and even a late career Zlatan to this is depressing. He's a midtable striker, its just our rot luck that when we needed a center forward, the going rate got so high.

el3mel

There's no regrets over signing him as the other replacements of this summer were Morata and Lacazette, both are a complete failure at their clubs, but he's not and won't be the way going forward. It's inevitable.

Next season we should move on and upgrade over him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Echoing others, id like to see an interchangeable front three of Martial, Rashford and Sanchez.

eggwithsideburns

He needs to be finishing these sitters. I expect him to find his groove although is his groove even good enough? It is a worry how we rely so much on him. He is a big part of the blame to why we lost the last two games, if he did his job and finished his chances that came early on it would change the whole dynamic of the game.

He can only try his best but so far in a united shirt he has hardly blown me away. He can look very decent at times but then amateur too so its a problem.

Kapardin

There's no regrets over signing him as the other replacements of this summer were Morata and Lacazette, both are a complete failure at their clubs, but he's not and won't be the way going forward. It's inevitable.

Next season we should move on and upgrade over him.
True. I don't think we had a choice. Though perhaps Auba (despite his current lean patch at Arsenal) might have been a better fit for us.

I think we should go all out for Icardi if we appoint a new manager. But I don't think we will buy a new CF because we will be having 10 players out of contract and requiring a massive rebuild. Neither LvG nor Jose left us a good squad.

el3mel

True. I don't think we had a choice. Though perhaps Auba (despite his current lean patch at Arsenal) might have been a better fit for us.

I think we should go all out for Icardi if we appoint a new manager. But I don't think we will buy a new CF because we will be having 10 players out of contract and requiring a massive rebuild. Neither LvG nor Jose left us a good squad.
Always forget all these contracts running out next summer. We're a complete mess at this point.

El Jefe

Congratulations, you are the donkey of the day.

I really like Lukaku the lad. His background and mentality makes me think he's be a good lad to be around but Lukaku the footballer is another matter. I was never in favour of him and by the looks of it never will.

As a few posters have said, he is just not of the desired level compared to other top No.9's around Europe. The difference between the likes of him with Rooney, Ibra etc is that on a bad day they could still be difference makers. A bad day for Lukaku stays that way.

A new manager may not be as patient and loyal as Jose is with him.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He was the best we could get at the time and we needed him but he’s not the answer long term and he’ll be one of the first to go with a new manager when that eventually happens.

I like him but he’s not good enough if you want to win a league.

UncleBob

A better fit, no idea how. Lukaku fits the bill almost perfectly in terms of what Jose wants from a striker, aubameyang is miles away from that

Mourinho will, apart from that miss, be more than happy with Lukakus performance tonight, he'll easily point out that Lukaku to an extent occupied the Tottenham defenders so that other players would get more space

Status
Not open for further replies.