Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm expecting a David Moyes type celebration when he scores a home goal. Probably score top corner from his gammy first touch.. 30 yards out.

I can't even imagine Lukaku scoring at OT.
But, as you said, when he does, he'll probably celebrate so hard, he may need to be subbed off!!!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Since Romelu Lukaku last scored at Old Trafford:

Manchester City have scored 83 goals
I do hope that Woodward has a plan in place to replace Jose in the Summer.
MCFC are scoring huge numbers of goals, while we are making do with last minute goals, to win 1-0, against Young Boys, where our main striker cannot score a damn goal.
Lukaku simply isn't good enough to play for us, as our main striker. Aguero has 8 league goals. Martial has 6. Lukaku (our main striker) has 4.
He scored 16 league goals the previous season, which IMO, isn't particularly good. However, I accepted this because I expected him to improve. Instead, he has gone backwards and added lots of weight.

Brophs

The One and Only
Unfortunately, he's been here two seasons and in both of those he's had extended fallow periods. That doesn't really cut it.

OldPop

Lukaku has shown earlier that he can score but seems completely lost today. I hope that he will quickly find back to shape again because we really need him now. In matches where a striker with his strength and ability to hold the ball is required, we have no other options today. Rashford might be it but has a different game style. Fellaini is the one who comes closest but lacks too many other features that a striker must have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smores

I think the reaction has got way over the top now. He's in horrendous form but you'd think he'd never had a good game the way some are talking.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I think the reaction has got way over the top now. He's in horrendous form but you'd think he'd never had a good game the way some are talking.
It's because a good game for Lukaku is when he scores.

marko goalo

Maybe so but to be honest I don't recall one game where I've thought this guy's had a great game and been totally unplayable. Happy to be corrected but my memory is of generally simple tap ins or headers. Nothing he's done has made be sit back and say wow

Djemba-Djemba

Falcao was the worst striker I've ever seen play for Utd, not including fringe players like Dong for example, but this last 3 or 4 months from Lukaku is as bad as anything Falcao served up.

Foxbatt

Falcao was coming back from a horrible injury and one thing you can say about Falcao is that he tried a lot. He was on the move all the time but it did not happen for him. Lukaku just stands there.

Djemba-Djemba

Falcao was coming back from a horrible injury and one thing you can say about Falcao is that he tried a lot. He was on the move all the time but it did not happen for him. Lukaku just stands there.
I wonder how many goals Lukaku ends the season with.

The way he's going i'd be amazed if he hit double figures.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Hasn't scored a really impressive goal and hasn't dominated an entire game in a season and a third.

He's not the only reason why we are so shit, but he's perhaps amongst the main reasons.

Ashley R1+O

It is genuinely embarrassing and not even worth interacting with. He was fine in this game, some good moments of hold up play and his assist was a good confidence booster.

It is genuinely embarrassing and not even worth interacting with. He was fine in this game, some good moments of hold up play and his assist was a good confidence booster.
It's a recent obsession - the assist. I highly doubt that will boost his confidence at all, only goals will do that. With Snachez injured he will now start or come on as sub in probably all our games for the next 6 weeks - so he's got the opportunity. We need him to start scoring, without goals he's offers very little.

Suv666

He's a decent goal scorer but ability wise probably one of the worst strikers we've had in recent times.

Suv666

Falcao was the worst striker I've ever seen play for Utd, not including fringe players like Dong for example, but this last 3 or 4 months from Lukaku is as bad as anything Falcao served up.
Falcao also didnt get as many chances as Lukaku. He has been consistently starting ever since we bought him. Falcao was in and out a lot.

Djemba-Djemba

Falcao also didnt get as many chances as Lukaku. He has been consistently starting ever since we bought him. Falcao was in and out a lot.
Falcao was coming back from a terrible injury, in a league and country he'd never played in before. He was truly dreadful but there were mitigating reasons for it that I can understand.

Lukaku being as bad as he has been for the last 4 or 5 months is baffling.

Suv666

Falcao was coming back from a terrible injury, in a league and country he'd never played in before. He was truly dreadful but there were mitigating reasons for it that I can understand.

Lukaku being as bad as he has been for the last 4 or 5 months is baffling.
I honestly think this is not just a patch of bad form, he's not Utd quality. Next season if we don't replace him it would cement the idea that the Glazers don't give a single feck about the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Weirdly I think he's going to return to form today.

Optimism guys!

Djemba-Djemba

I honestly think this is not just a patch of bad form, he's not Utd quality. Next season if we don't replace him it would cement the idea that the Glazers don't give a single feck about the club.
I don't think he's good enough for Utd either, but he's not normally as bad as he has been this season. He got 27 goals last season, he'll be lucky to get 10 this year.

I don't know if it's just complacency or the obvious added weight on his body but he's been horrendous.

Litch

He's a decent goal scorer but ability wise probably one of the worst strikers we've had in recent times.

It's context for me and when look at it in that way, there is a lot of 'worst' in general about this team and that's why I tend not to focus on individuals. If the team was firing and he wasn't, that would be very different....

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't think he's good enough for Utd either, but he's not normally as bad as he has been this season. He got 27 goals last season, he'll be lucky to get 10 this year.

I don't know if it's just complacency or the obvious added weight on his body but he's been horrendous.
Could be a lot of things. Bulking up too much, being tired from being overplayed, complacency, lack of confidence, being asked to play in a way that doesn't suit him, or a combination of several of those factors.

He has definitely been unusually bad recently though, as judged against his previous seasons. Which means that anyone claiming this form is his actual level is either ignorant or outright making things up.

Though that isn't to say he'll really be good enough once he finds better form again either. He has definite weaknesses that will never go away.

Ekeke

In my honest opinion he's not that far off doing a decent job. He's under par for sure just like half the team, but I think his performances arent that far off whats needed from someone in his role.

People dont like his style and thats different to performance level. And people confuse the two.

Lets imagine though that Jose decides Lukaku isnt first choice and wants a new starting striker next summer. You all realize that he's going to look for the same type of striker right? A big physical forward who can score some goals.

NK86

In my honest opinion he's not that far off doing a decent job. He's under par for sure just like half the team, but I think his performances arent that far off whats needed from someone in his role.

People dont like his style and thats different to performance level. And people confuse the two.

Lets imagine though that Jose decides Lukaku isnt first choice and wants a new starting striker next summer. You all realize that he's going to look for the same type of striker right? A big physical forward who can score some goals.
And that's why before Lukaku, it should be Jose who has to go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The worst starting striker we've had in the premier league era. fecking awful footballer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Well, he scored at least.

Injuring himself with his first touch was probably the worst thing he could have done in terms of attracting criticsim though. If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fecking awful player. No more talent than any of our centre halves.

Most i've laughed all season that. 75m for a bloke who nearly breaks his own leg his touch is so bad.

Ashley R1+O

Much better today, good goal. GIF him falling over the ball and 5 pages of abuse, great craic. Hopefully the goal gives him a confidence boost going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.