Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hypothetically, if we sold him this summer, what could we get for him?
I actually think we could get a really good amount if he was willing to join a PL team, his PL goal scoring record would be invaluable to a lot of clubs if they played to his strengths, like Everton did.

Few issues though, whether any PL club who could afford him would be interested as a lot of them have proven, reliable strikers already and he might not want to take a "step down" to clubs below us. We wouldn't get as much if we sold him abroad because I imagine he'll only be interested in CL clubs, the CL clubs wealthy enough to afford him probably have better than him already.

Sauldogba

I have started to think our players are becoming genuinely apprehensive of passing to him on the ground as his touch is so appalling
To be fair sometimes i wouldnt blame them but in general i just think our players bar Pogba are just bad decision makers when in the final third.

CA1

The size of him is a disgrace.

The player, Mourinho, the fitness staff must all look at themselves.

40m from a series a club. I think Lukaku could do well in that league
You're not going get 40 million from a Serie A club.
And even if you did you'll receive it in 20 year instalments.

Personally I think Lukaku will be our own Benteke. A change of club will only occur under new management because its certainly not going to come from Jose.
And if the Belgium does leave I certainly wouldn't rule out a return to Merseyside.

jmaggio

I do think our staff are partly responsible for this. I mean, how has he been allowed to get to this size ? It’s not a meme or anything , he is clearly s lot bigger than last year and it seems like it could have been directed to him to put on more muscle ? The guy looks more like a bodybuilder / boxer currently than a footballer.

Similar thing happened with depay and I suppose to an extent shaw although that was an injury. Perhaps we employ some brain dead fitness instructor who is blindly training their strength without considering the consequences.[/QUOTE]

Sir Scott McToMinay

He’ll do better in the second half of the season imo, he’s a good goal scorer.
He is obviously in a rut and he’s definitely way too big, this is not the NFL here.
He has to stop hitting the gym altogether for a couple of months, should work on his ball skills instead of that, also eating less.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Although it’s more of an indictment of our attacking play, Lukaku was on the pitch for 34 minutes and successfully completed one pass.
Simply because no body feels comfortable passing him a ball to feet. I can’t believe I’m saying that about a premier league player. It’s something you say about THAT guy that always shows up to you and your mates weekly kickabout

settembrini

I agree with the people saying he's bulked up too much. He was already a very powerful player, now he looks laboured and clumsy.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
CIES has him valued at 163m EURO. That might be too much but the undervaluing of our own players on here is even worse.
We would recoup what we paid for him, probably with a small premium.
EDIT
Link:
http://www.football-observatory.com/-values-21130
Seriously? Who would spend anything like that on him?

We'd probably be able to get about 50-55m for him from a midtable club. If he really turns it around maybe a little more, but we're not going to be able to make our money back on a player that has failed (the only reason we'd be looking to sell is if he continues to fail).

red4ever 79

Convinced there is something going on in the background with Lukaku. Some injury, some medical issue that the club havent got to the root cause yet.

Johan07

Seriously? Who would spend anything like that on him?

We'd probably be able to get about 50-55m for him from a midtable club. If he really turns it around maybe a little more, but we're not going to be able to make our money back on a player that has failed (the only reason we'd be looking to sell is if he continues to fail).
He is 25 year old, PL-proven, an established over 20-goal a year striker who starts for one of the top NTs in the world. And he has 4 year left on his contract and is not on Sanchez or Ozil-wages. We would get good money for him.
And I trust CIES more than disgruntled Caf-members btw.
I am probably Lukakus biggest critic btw, but this consistent devaluing of our own players is just stupid.

Posh Red

He is 25 year old, PL-proven, an established over 20-goal a year striker who starts for one of the top NTs in the world. And he has 4 year left on his contract and is not on Sanchez or Ozil-wages. We would get good money for him.
And I trust CIES more than disgruntled Caf-members btw.
I am probably Lukakus biggest critic btw, but this consistent devaluing of our own players is just stupid.
In seven seasons of featuring regularly in the premier league, he has managed over 20 goals once.

Johan07

In seven seasons of featuring regularly in the premier league, he has managed over 20 goals once.
I did not state PL-goals. In all competitions he has surpassed 20 goals in his three last seasons. This one current one needs some work though.

CA1

Some reports he wants out.

Please, please let it be true.

kerryman

CIES has him valued at 163m EURO. That might be too much but the undervaluing of our own players on here is even worse.
We would recoup what we paid for him, probably with a small premium.
EDIT
Link:
http://www.football-observatory.com/-values-21130
Not a hope we'd make a profit on him. Only the elite clubs in UK/Europe could afford to pay 75 million + for a player and how many of those would want Lukaku (especially on his form over the past 12 months)....none I'm guessing.

If he's sold we'd have to take a loss on him. He has done nothing to increase his value in the market.

He's nowhere near an elite level striker. He'll be lucky to reach his last season tally of 16 League goals for the current season.

Wants to leave because of Jose apparently - hopefully we can invest the money on a good RW

C'est Moi Cantona

Yeah because he's the issue here, he's just an extreme example of the lost confidence/regression of a lot of our players this season.

I for one wouldn't want him to leave before he gets a chance under a new manager for us.

midou

1. He is definitely under performing
2. Was never good enough even when performing to his abilities

If we can recoup anything close to 50m I think we should sell, add another 50 and get someone of genuine quality like Dybala or Griezmann.

I don't understand the notion that we need him because he scores regularly against the small teams, every decent striker in a functioning team should be able to do that.

Kapardin

Yep. About the only good thing to happen under Mourinho's management. Lukaku not getting game time would force him to seek a move.

We should sell him ASAP and go in for Icardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.