4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Doesn’t get himself involved enough, and doesn’t show enough desire.

Irwin99

He put a shift in, used his strength at times and I can't complain about a lack of effort. Thought he was not too bad.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He does look gassed later in games, that's why he's got to work on his stamina and lose some weight. However, if you can't say he was good in the first half then I don't know how is that a fair assessment.

arthurka

People have reached a stage of clawing for anything positive to look like a better supporter. Barely noticeable other than the times he failed to put the ball where it was supposed to go.

Thankfully everyone else was very good.
Fully agree, he is our worst signing ever. Absolutely useless. He never gets infront of his defender not once. Just useless.

el3mel

It's definite he's not going to be a starter here long term and he won't have any kind of future here. The defense some still put for him are just them being stubborn on there initial opinion.

He loved him at some points the previous season but at some point it's better to change your opinion when everything proves the opposite of it.

Shiva87

One of his best games this season. I hope he finds his form + confidence soon.

We will need him the absence of Tony and Lingard. Today would have gone some way. Wish he had scored but decent performance overall.

Playing the diamond system may suit him!

haram

People were crying that Mata, Lukaku and Alexis were going to be playing and we’ve beaten Chelsea and Arsenal away back to back in the cup.

Bunch of geniuses.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he could have Pogba's hunger to get into attacking situations more, he would be truly deadly.

No signings this winter, so he still has time to the end of the season to conjure up something.

Rozski

Better work rate tonight than usual but comfortably our weakest player overall.

Everyone else fantastic though, so not saying he was bad by any stretch.
This was pretty much my assessment too. Was happy to see his work rate today. Looked like he was really trying and that’s an improvement. Thought he was ok today and did his job about as good as we can expect from him.

The Real Treble 99

OMG this fella is getting worst every time he plays. Does not bring anything to the team I really cannot see a future for him at the club. Sorry to say but he would be in the minus rating if there was such a thing.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Brutal my ass.

Ball didnt even reach Lukaku but ok.

It didn’t reach him because he didn’t bother to move to it that’s why I said if it was a better more livewire striker they’d have finished it. Which they would have.

Jesus clutching at straws or what. He’s crap and played crap get over it.

GloryHunter07

Pogba put him to shame for the second goal. Lukaku starts the move further up the pitch but by the end Pogba scores the header and Lukaku is on the edge of the box.

Devil may care

I thought he was ok for the first ten minutes or so but anyone that thinks selling him for a good fee and getting in a more technical and mobile forward for Ole's system is a bad idea, is crazy IMO as he drifted out of the game and failed on several occassions to win battles through his erratic control and he just simply doesn't move enough, Rashford was a one man press.

Last edited:

Handré1990

People have reached a stage of clawing for anything positive to look like a better supporter. Barely noticeable other than the times he failed to put the ball where it was supposed to go.

Yeah. Granted I just tuned in the second we scored our first, but from what I saw, it’s a sad sight.

Tomuś

People were crying that Mata, Lukaku and Alexis were going to be playing and we’ve beaten Chelsea and Arsenal away back to back in the cup.

Bunch of geniuses.
That's while giving out the performances of the season so far.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I can’t argue with it being his best game but really, it’s not good enough is it.

Even if he tried a bit more, that dreaded first touch and pointing where to run to his team mates was ever present.

also thought it was typical of him when rashford squared it after his break away. Instead of being ready or darting near post he just kept his straight run into the box for a tap in and let Luiz in front. Picky but just typical of him not going towards the ball.

hobbers

You could have put McTominay in the RW role instead of Lukaku tonight and he'd have done everything Lukaku did, but better. And he'd have actually won some 50/50's and headers in Chelsea's half.

Not joking.

The Uncle of All Uncles

If you rewatch Pogba's goal, after Pogba plays Rashford through down the wing, he sprints into the box to get on the end of the cross and also to give Rashford a target to aim for. Meanwhile, Lukaku jogs nonchalantly towards the box and doesn't even reach it by the time the ball is in the back of the net.

His movement is shockingly poor. Unforgivably bad, really.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was one of our worst players but still vaguely okay because god damn it we played well.

Tomuś

I don't think there's anyone who thinks he hasn't been terrible mostly this season. The problem is he doesn't get any credit for the good games he's had that's why the criticism is sharpening all the time. He needs to get some games and be a sub if everyone's fit. He has his uses. See how he improves and evaluate at the end of the season.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
This was pretty much my assessment too. Was happy to see his work rate today. Looked like he was really trying and that’s an improvement. Thought he was ok today and did his job about as good as we can expect from him.
Agree. His control still let's him down badly, but he did put in a shift, and if Rashford had made a better contact with the cross, after skinning Azpilecuata Rom would have been on it and a chance of scoring.
Hope he puts in that sort of effort every game he plays now, until the end of the season

Morpheus 7

@haram we must be watching different games. He give the ball away often tonight, his lack of concentration led Chelsea on a break and Matic flew in and and nearly walked. I like Rom but he was poor tonight, if you couldn't see his lack of movement/poor ball retention then...

Vagene

Genuinely feel sorry for Rom, he is a work horse, he tries hard but at this moment in time his confidence is extremely low and nothing it working for him.

He knows the pitch forks are out and the team is playing a lot better without him.

It’s the same with Sanchez, there’s a top player in there but we just won’t see it at United.

haram

@haram we must be watching different games. He give the ball away often tonight, his lack of concentration led Chelsea on a break and Matic flew in and and nearly walked. I like Rom but he was poor tonight, if you couldn't see his lack of movement/poor ball retention then...
He played well in the first half, second half we were deep and didn’t keep the ball well in general.

PepsiCola

I love how he celebrates all goals as his own.

But that's about it.

Can't see a United player in him, unfortunately.

He's spoken of a desire to play in the italian league and it would be best for all parties if we could engineer a move for him to a, hopefully top, Serie A side.

AJ10

Bit better than previous game i guess but needs alot of work.

marko goalo

If you rewatch Pogba's goal, after Pogba plays Rashford through down the wing, he sprints into the box to get on the end of the cross and also to give Rashford a target to aim for. Meanwhile, Lukaku jogs nonchalantly towards the box and doesn't even reach it by the time the ball is in the back of the net.

His movement is shockingly poor. Unforgivably bad, really.
To be honest I was totally surprised Lukaku didn't intercept the pass from Pogba to Rashford and totally screw up the move right from the off. He's certainly done it before thanks to his lack of awareness of what's around him

RMD83

He was ok tonight. A difficult game to get involved in unless you have blistering pace like rashford. I thought he was looking a bit leaner as well.

marko goalo

There was a moment in the 2nd half when he was on the edge of the Chelsea box and the ball was played over to him and for some bizarre reason he stepped to one side and let the ball go out of play. As someone mentioned previously anything in the air seems to confuse him but my god it's frustrating to watch

Alemar

Lukaku looks entirely lost. He simply doesn't understand what football the team is trying to play. To not make runs in order to make yourself available for a pass is criminal for a forward. Say, Higuain who didn't have a very good game today - still he always tried to make himself available and managed a few shots. Whereas Lukaku... Then again, he loses the ball too often, can't dribble even past one player... The only good thing he did today was contributing to defending at set pieces - this part he indeed played well

Canagel

This is it. If he didn't lose the ball most of us breath a collective sigh of relief. By his standards this season it was amongst the better ones. So what will a bad one be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.