4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Grimes

Still reckon he should be our starting striker and Rashford and Martial should battle for the lw/lf spot.

Weirdly substituted in his last 2 games when he was playing better than Martial and at the same time Pereira was brought on. Pereira actually has a half decent cross on him and that is exactly when you need Lukaku on the pitch to get on the end of them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Still reckon he should be our starting striker and Rashford and Martial should battle for the lw/lf spot.

Weirdly substituted in his last 2 games when he was playing better than Martial and at the same time Pereira was brought on. Pereira actually has a half decent cross on him and that is exactly when you need Lukaku on the pitch to get on the end of them.
Thing is, he's not a starting number 9 for us. Were never achieving anything special with him leading the attack becuase he simply doesn't have the technical quality. So I'd rather try and develop Rashford's qualities as a 9 as he may one day get there.

haram

Thing is, he's not a starting number 9 for us. Were never achieving anything special with him leading the attack becuase he simply doesn't have the technical quality. So I'd rather try and develop Rashford's qualities as a 9 as he may one day get there.
Finished 2nd with Lukaku as the number 9. Maybe we should fix the players behind him.

The Nani

Finished 2nd with Lukaku as the number 9. Maybe we should fix the players behind him.
And that’s an achievement? It was 81 points which doesn’t even mount a title challenge most seasons in the Prem.

I think Ole’s made up his mind about Lukaku already and if so I agree 100%.

His quality isn’t the standard required, and he has a piss poor attitude.

Ironic considering Mourinho sold him for those very reasons yet thought it wise to cough up £75m for him a few years later.

Thanks, Jose.

haram

And that’s an achievement? It was 81 points which doesn’t even mount a title challenge most seasons in the Prem.

I think Ole’s made up his mind about Lukaku already and if so I agree 100%.

His quality isn’t the standard required, and he has a piss poor attitude.

Ironic considering Mourinho sold him for those very reasons yet thought it wise to cough up £75m for him a few years later.

Thanks, Jose.
An achievement? No, but somehow people have decided that's the peak of Lukaku despite the players making up the rest of the attack actually being the weaker players. I'm talking about Rashford, Martial, Lingard and Mata. Maybe it's them that is not up to quality.

Lukaku was a different player when he left Chelsea as well.

amolbhatia50k

Wow let's worship that achievement for decades to come. He's clearly on par with RVN, RVP and Aguero. What a hero.

The Nani

An achievement? No, but somehow people have decided that's the peak of Lukaku despite the players making up the rest of the attack actually being the weaker players. I'm talking about Rashford, Martial, Lingard and Mata. Maybe it's them that is not up to quality.

Lukaku was a different player when he left Chelsea as well.
Martial has shown himself far superior in stretches and has far more quality and potential than Lukaku despite being a few years younger.

Rashford is very raw, but time is still on his side.

Lingard and Mata should be nowhere near the first XI but may factor into Ole’s squad plans for next season.

If Ole has made a decision on Lukaku, he’s right to focus more attention on players who figure in his plans for next season. Simple as.

I imagine if Sanchez is back to fitness we’ll see even less of him.

amolbhatia50k

Jose said that's the biggest achievement, so that's enough for his fans.
And they're such ardant fans.

Leave it to them and Perisic, Lukaku and Willian is our front three for the next 5 years. Exciting stuff. Watch out Man City, here we come.

haram

Wow let's worship that achievement for decades to come. He's clearly on par with RVN, RVP and Aguero. What a hero.
Never said he was. Are Mata, Lingard, Martial and Rashford even on the same level as players like Nani or peak Valencia? Ok then.

amolbhatia50k

Never said he was. Are Mata, Lingard, Martial and Rashford even on the same level as players like Nani or peak Valencia? Ok then.
No but Rashford is 21. He may get there. Lukaku is never getting there. He also doesn't fit the style of play of a top team which Rashford does/can be moulded towards. He can also be given a rotational role more easily than Lukaku can.

Okay then.

haram

No but Rashford is 21. He may get there. Lukaku is never getting there. He also doesn't fit the style of play of a top team which Rashford does/can be moulded towards. He can also be given a rotational role more easily than Lukaku can.

Okay then.
I have faith in Rashford and believe in his progression. They can both be strikers in this team. You cannot say that Lukaku is the problem when the players he plays with are all inferior to him right now.

The Nani

I have faith in Rashford and believe in his progression. They can both be strikers in this team. You cannot say that Lukaku is the problem when the players he plays with are all inferior to him right now.
I probably have less faith in Rashford than most. But Lukaku will get us nowhere.

We need a proper talent at CF with technical ability and clinical finishing. Like Jovic or Felix.

Failing that I would rather take the long approach and promote Greenwood with Martial and Rashford rotating.

No point wasting minutes on players who aren’t and never will be good enough.

haram

I probably have less faith in Rashford than most. But Lukaku will get us nowhere.

We need a proper talent at CF with technical ability and clinical finishing. Like Jovic or Felix.

Failing that I would rather take the long approach and promote Greenwood with Martial and Rashford rotating.

Why does Martial get name dropped when he has not improved in 3 years? If anything he is an example of a player that may never be good enough. Greenwood has barely kicked a ball for the first team. All of this is a fantasy. We have bigger concerns than replacing Lukaku.

The Nani

Why does Martial get name dropped when he has not improved in 3 years? If anything he is an example of a player that may never be good enough. Greenwood has barely kicked a ball for the first team. All of this is a fantasy. We have bigger concerns than replacing Lukaku.
How is it fantasy?

Martial was voted the best young player in the world. If that’s not potential, I don’t know what is.

And the harsh but exciting truth is that Greenwood looks more talented than any of our first team forwards.

But the real crux of the matter is that we have nothing but inconsistency upfront at the moment.

So naturally the player who by all rights should be doing the business at his age should be moved on and another, better option should be brought in.

As @amolbhatia50k said, Lukaku will not happy playing a squad role. So it’s time to part ways.

Hawks2008

Has a place as a squad player, if he's unhappy with that well he's a grown ass man and should deal with it.

LoneStar

He should have started the match over Lingard or Martial given their forms.

However I wouldn't care if he was let go in the summer. He isn't clinical, he can't hold up or link up well and his mentality is questionable in the big games.

Twingatz

Have you actually seen Jovic play? I've seen him a couple times in the Bundesliga and if we don't make serious changes he isn't an upgrade on Lukaku.

Also Rashford from what I have seen will never be as good as Lukaku at his best. He is pretty much the reincarnation of Welbeck.

Classical Mechanic

Have you actually seen Jovic play? I've seen him a couple times in the Bundesliga and if we don't make serious changes he isn't an upgrade on Lukaku.

Also Rashford from what I have seen will never be as good as Lukaku at his best. He is pretty much the reincarnation of Welbeck.
Indeed. Lukaku would score a hat full in the BL.

Twingatz

How is it fantasy?

Martial was voted the best young player in the world. If that’s not potential, I don’t know what is.

And the harsh but exciting truth is that Greenwood looks more talented than any of our first team forwards.

But the real crux of the matter is that we have nothing but inconsistency upfront at the moment.

So naturally the player who by all rights should be doing the business at his age should be moved on and another, better option should be brought in.

As @amolbhatia50k said, Lukaku will not happy playing a squad role. So it’s time to part ways.

Also Greenwood is massively overrated. He is better because he played a bunch of youth games? We need time to actually see that. Also Martial has some serious weaknesses but in different areas that the other forwards have. He is singular minded and only dribbles.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He should have started the match over Lingard or Martial given their forms.

However I wouldn't care if he was let go in the summer. He isn't clinical, he can't hold up or link up well and his mentality is questionable in the big games.
Agreed and I dont understand why he was dropped once he started to score. Long term, I just dont think he is the right striker for us nor will he be happy to sit on the bench. Shame we wont get the money back we spent on him

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely abysmal striker. Not only did he fail to control it on multiple occasions, he is static as feck.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
"Best attacker at the club" :lol: "people exaggerate his bad hold up play" :lol:. Honestly, how can any utd fan watch Lukaku up top and believe hes got anywhere near enough talent for this club. Id trade him for a snickers and drive him across the country just to avoid watching his comical play at this club.

Not too bothered about him. He's pretty consistent in what he does. It's not good enough but he's not frustrating because you know he's not capable of better.

JawZ

Constantly shielding the ball for the lack of any attacking flow & having his back to the goal. No support from anyone nearby and losing the ball ever so often. Sigh.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bloke couldn’t trap a bag of cement. Get out of my club.

Jonno

His goalscoring record speaks for itself but he isn’t a good enough footballer to play for Manchester United.

We need so much more from our strikers than what he gives us

northender

Supports
Preston North End
Another one like Pogba and De Gea who should be sold and the cash reinvested. Always inconsistent and/or linked with moves away.

Status
Not open for further replies.