Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Look at him at Everton. He looked so nimble like peak Drogba. (He even did that Nani backflip in 2:52 min.). Now he looks like Drogba on steroid, huff and puff after every run.

:houllier:

Looks like a completely different player. Did we buy his brother by mistake and not notice?

Twingatz

He was much better at Everton and can play far better than he has today. I don't think he fits for the club and needs to be in a club that can provide him the service. I think he would be a good fit for a club like Inter.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Look at him at Everton. He looked so nimble like peak Drogba. (He even did that Nani backflip in 2:52 min.). Now he looks like Drogba on steroid, huff and puff after every run.

That’s What I mean, he ALWAYS looked a threat, but had the odd bad touch here and there. Nowadays he just can’t control the ball and rarely gets in behind or puts the defence under pressure. As you say he’s just got too muscly or his desire has gone now he’s on the big money. It’s very weird how our players all seem in a similar situation. Far too relaxed and have lost that edge.

Ashley R1+O

He's put on way to much weight and you can see his mentality has slipped also. If you watch this and last season side by side then it is nearly the same player just with slightly less speed and more power. The bulking narrative that it hurt his game completely makes sense. Doesn't really excuse him or the team but the service to him this year has been absolutely putrid. Well below what any striker in a team with title aspirations should be receiving.

el3mel

I mentioned the difference between his time at United and at Everton with videos about 10 times here it's not a new discovery. He's just a different player now, and for the worse.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I mentioned the difference between his time at United and at Everton with videos about 10 times here it's not a new discovery. He's just a different player now, and for the worse.
He probably saw Ronaldo and Bale put on muscle after moving to Real Madrid and thought that was the way to go. He forgot to take into account that he was already built like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Bobski

The bulking was idiotic. Just exacerbated the technical issues he already had and robbed him of some of his explosiveness, stamina and agility.

People highlighted the problems in his game years ago, stats can only hide so much. We don't necessarily need a prolific goalscorer up top, one who has a rounded game, technical ability, imagination and meshes with the rest of the attackers brings much more value in my opinion. Look at Firmino at Liverpool, not prolific but ideal for how they play.

fps

Sorry, but the analysis from those commenting on the video is wrong.

Watch the video again, look at the goals he's scoring. A player is passing the ball for him to run on to, or crossing or cutting back for him to hit. Every time. He is running on to the ball, up to speed before the centre backs are near him.

Instead, at United, he is standing, and clearly instructed to stand, further up the pitch, in a central position, with a centre half already on him. Pogba is the only player in the midfield capable of playing those through passes, none other. Against Everton his supply line was Rashford and Martial from out wide, neither of whom can cross. For Belgium, and indeed United, he will continue to score the kinds of goals he's always scored - as a striker being freed into a pocket of space by another player's pass.

When that supply line is Pogba, currently 20 yards back in midfield again, for whatever reason, a series of players who have no pedigree in their passing whatever - Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Matic, McTominay, Fred - and full-backs who are raw and currently unable to get forward due to the lack of midfield control, you end up with one very unhappy centre forward.

Lukaku will score goals, if you provide him chances. He always felt like a strange choice for Man Utd, and I feel Mourinho incorrectly viewed him as a potential Drogba figure, when Lukaku's touch, body positioning, mobility and awareness were never in that league.

Reactions: Invictus

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

At 0:28 left me wondering how we went from Robin Van Persie to this clown.

red_john

There was a point under Jose where I thought he was improving his all round game but I honestly think he has declined from his Everton days which is a shame. I don't think our tactics have helped him along the way but that doesn't offset the awful performances. He seems so much slower and one dimensional which gives you no hope that he can pull off something special.

Bobski

Nice cameo tonight, how the club were not scared off by his obvious limitations is yet another example of how poorly run we have been.

Djemba-Djemba

Useless lump.

Should be one of the first out the door in the Summer.

I'm sure a "champion" like him will have plenty of top clubs after him...

Litch

Defended him previously but I'm struggling to find anything to say he's so poor and needs to be gone....

Red_Aaron

His touch, feck me. He's a professional footballer who can't trap a simple pass to feet.

I'm certain he'll be gone, oles made it clear he's not first choice and he hasn't the game to be an impact player.

Devil may care

El Trampolino!

I said it from the start, he's not a good enough footballer for a top side, and tonight he even missed a decent chance on his strong foot, I don't care that he just came on, Ole made a career out of scoring goals when he'd just come on, Lukaku at least has to hit the target from there. The rest of the game was just his usual bouncy castle first touch creating moments of painful hilarity.

Phil Osophy

Every time he plays he devalues himself 10 millions more. We should hide him for the rest of the season so we can get something next summer.

RedDevilRoshi

Just staggering how a professional footballer, let alone a Belgian internationalist playing for Man Utd can have as poor a first touch as him.

jem

Still annoyed about this. You had one job..
That's such a ridiculous miss. The pass wasn't exactly coming in at a high velocity. It'd be one thing if this kind of thing was the exception, but....

Still annoyed about this. You had one job..
The commentary i was watching tried to make out it was a bad pass and he couldn't have done anything with it. Reminded me what an actual top striker did with a similar bad pass a few years ago:

Raw

Just get rid while he still has some value. Be ruthless with players who clearly don't fit our team instead of trying to force him into being someone he's not.

Morpheus 7

Anyone see this latest quotes about playing in Serie A again? Basically said playing in Serie A would be a dream it really would, but now I'm focused on getting 4th. I want him gone this Summer. Except for his game in Paris he's been brutal, ego is huge and sick of his BS. Too many dickheads talking this season when they are playing terrible.

Raw

It's one thing to have our best players dreaming of moving to another league, but Lukaku? Takes the absolute piss. Feck off already.

Weird how he'd love to go to Serie A of all places. What with all the racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.