Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

siw2007

Chelsea were desperate for a striker and Lukaku is a great buy for them. He will get 25 goals this season and he rounds of a well drilled team, he should propel them to title challengers.

GMoore23

Delighted with this.
Varane and Maguire will absolutely boss him, even Blind used to keep him quiet.
I honestly think Chelsea will regret this signing.

Now for City to get Kane and leave us as the sole PL target for Haaland.

Irwin99

Prediction: 25-30 goals in all comps, some outstanding performances and some godawful ones (mostly in the biggest games) . Will be a good signing in a lot of ways.

No one's opinion of him will change no matter what he does on here :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm very happy with this.

I will be very shocked if Chelsea win the title with players like Lukaku and Werner.

I could be wrong but it's just not something I see or fear of.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So this would surely increase our odds of signing Haaland next summer then?

MalcolmTucker

Very happy with this. He's improved since he left us but he's not elite - don't see Chelsea winning the league with him leading the line. Gives us more chance of landing Haaland also.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
So this would surely increase our odds of signing Haaland next summer then?
Haaland will goto psg if they sold mbappe to real madrid. If mbappe not going there haaland will end up at real madrid. It's obvious.

Fecking delighted. That's Chelsea out of the running for anything major. If City get Kane now we have an almost free run at Haaland next year.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So, how many goals will he get in all comps? Predictions please!
He’s got some stiff competition to best at Chelsea. Last seasons winner got 12(?).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
An upgrade on Werner but will frustrate often. Chelsea will want to upgrade once again in the near future

Pirlo'sBeard

I'm certainly not as happy as others about this.

Lukaku is a much better player now than his United days.

fps

It is amazing that Chelsea is signing their former prodigy at 100 millions plus.
It is like United Pogba deal.
Lukaku always scores, even if he may not light up in big games, but in all competitions he will easily cross the 25-30 goals mark.
Very much this. He’s also a very good man to have up front with the other options Chelsea have there, he could meld with them brilliantly.

He is back to the player he simply wasn’t at Man Utd.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Unfortunately I think he'll be quality for them. Maybe not in the big games, but in the vast majority of matches he'll guarantee them goals.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He has to start well. If he doesn't he tends to get abit moody and arrogant, coupled with loads of sighing and pointing (oh god, the pointing !).

But if he starts well and scores the goals then he and the team are in a better mental place.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He has to start well. If he doesn't he tends to get abit moody and arrogant, coupled with loads of sighing and pointing (oh god, the pointing !).

But if he starts well and scores the goals then he and the team are in a better mental place.
I hope he takes away Mount's and Havertz's confidence with his pointing

Djemba-Djemba

He started well here though and then went on a huge goal drought.

What tends to happen is he can get on a run of great form and then you'll play a big game and he'll go missing or be total shite and it seems to play on his mind for weeks afterwards and he's useless.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Any chance of Chelsea wanting Hazard back?

Eugenius

He will score goals no doubt. But if goals were the only thing that mattered in a striker then Drogba for example would be seen as bang average for a top player. But the difference in mentality and all round contribution is night and day vs Lukaku.

I'm not convinced he's any better a player at Inter, except that he took penalties in a weaker league and got back into physical shape. But he looks same old flat track, scoring when it least matters Lukaku otherwise.

Infra-red

They should have signed a target man to play alongside Werner. Tuchel is making the same mistake Mourinho did if he thinks Lukaku can hold up the ball.

That being said, he'll score 25+ goals in all comps and the fee won't look so bad (until someone signs a superior player, seven years his junior, for €50m less next summer - hopefully that someone is United).

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He becomes the player with the highest cumulative transfer fee of all time. Say it out loud and taste those words as they leave your mouth. Romelu Lukaku is the player in the world that has fetched the largest total sum of money over the course of his career. Ever. Romelu Lukaku. Him. How?
Wasn't David Luiz pretty high on that list as well?
He was for a defender. Also bought twice by Chelsea and they have a same problem.

They both have their qualities, can look borderline world class in some segments and at some points in the season, but still deeply flawed as players which is the reason why clubs had no problems in selling them while the buying club thought they might solve some of their issues.

Chelsea ain't winning EPL or CL with Lukaku leading the line.

Cloud7

I genuinely do not think he’s gotten better, just the standard of opposition he was facing was lower. I think he’s going to look like the same Lukaku we sold.

He will score about 20-25 goals for the season. He likely will not score or be useful in most, if not all of the big games. In the grand scheme of things the goals he scores aren’t going to really affect their league position or how their season goes.

I’ll revisit this post at the end of the season to see how accurate it is.

My bet is that Chelsea try to sell him and move on to another striker in around two seasons.

Real Name

Will he hit the burgers again?

Not bothered one bit with this especially if it gives us a clear path for Haaland.

el3mel

Delighted with this.
Varane and Maguire will absolutely boss him, even Blind used to keep him quiet.
I honestly think Chelsea will regret this signing.

Now for City to get Kane and leave us as the sole PL target for Haaland.
It's not like Chelsea are going to face United every week in the league so why should this worry Chelsea ? They want a goal scorer to convert the ton of chances they create every game, they got one.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
People just write off players who may not be all that in the biggest games, but delivers in the majority of the others.

Sure, in cup-format he isn't the best, but a 3 point against Burnley is 3 points all the same, of course the rival games are more important(even in the league), but not that much more important.

lsd

The Oracle
Going to be interesting for all those saying he is useless against big teams when he plays against us.

mu4c_20le

£100m for a 28 year old who's only scored more than 20 PL goals in a season once. Clearly they were looking at his Serie A form, and they intend to win the league within one or two years, anything else would be considered a failure.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Welcome home Big Rom

hamadd

I believe he is going to be a monster for them. He has a lot to prove and they're making it out to be like he's coming back home. He's driven, and he's been around clubs and in different leagues. It could all just come together for him at Chelsea this time around.

Blood Mage

Shows how few top class strikers there are nowadays and how desperate teams are for 15-20 goals a season players. 115m euros for Lukaku, good lord.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Welcome home Big Rom

In that video he played like prime Luis Ronaldo.:D. Another example you never judge the player from short videos and youtubes.:lol:

Welcome home Lukaku. Bring goals to Chelsea big man.