Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Looking at that list really puts it into perspective how lazy us English are.

Does even the players who play/played abroad speak a different language?
what do you call a person that speaks three languages? Multilingual

what do you call someone that speaks two languages? Bilingual

what do you call someone that speaks one language? American

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
I don't mean to interrupt you two but it's not that far out there to suggest his technique didn't improve much from 24 on. He learned to be more efficient and effective sure, and his movement improved tenfold, but his actual technique on the ball didn't change much. If anything he learned to spend less time with it.
Poor post.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
See the Lukaku injury as a bit of a blessing for Chelsea. From what I have seen of them this season, their forward line seems a lot more static than last as Lukaku is doing his usual standing and pointing to where he wants it played rather than making the runs so the ball can be played to him/make space for others.

I get they couldn't finish last season but at least they were creating quite a lot of chances. This season, they now look they cannot create anything with him leading the line.

EtH

See the Lukaku injury as a bit of a blessing for Chelsea. From what I have seen of them this season, their forward line seems a lot more static than last as Lukaku is doing his usual standing and pointing to where he wants it played rather than making the runs so the ball can be played to him/make space for others.

I get they couldn't finish last season but at least they were creating quite a lot of chances. This season, they now look they cannot create anything with him leading the line.
Maybe if Werner weren’t injured it might be an interesting litmus test at least. But he did his hamstring last night. Bad night for Chelsea.

el3mel

Feel like I fecked him up completely by choosing him in my Fantasy team. Did nothing since then, then got injured.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Maybe if Werner weren’t injured it might be an interesting litmus test at least. But he did his hamstring last night. Bad night for Chelsea.
Yeah, they could've done without that. However, I think Harvetz has a much better all round game. Not sure when Pulisic is back but if Chelsea have one thing it is depth.

Pulisic Harvetz Mount/Ziyech/CHO

Is hardly disastrous. Especially when the run of games coming up are fairly easy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, they could've done without that. However, I think Harvetz has a much better all round game. Not sure when Pulisic is back but if Chelsea have one thing it is depth.

Pulisic Harvetz Mount/Ziyech/CHO

Is hardly disastrous. Especially when the run of games coming up are fairly easy.
Werner and Lukaku will both miss a couple of weeks by the sounds it.

Pulisic is still injured. He's been out since the first international break in Sept. Ziyech was too until recently, but he appears to be back now.

CHO Havertz Mount will likely be the starting front three for the next couple of weeks.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

Pulisic is still injured. He's been out since the first international break in Sept. Ziyech was too until recently, but he appears to be back now.

CHO Havertz Mount will likely be the starting front three for the next couple of weeks.
Not ideal, but considering the injuries that is still a decent line to fall back on. Additionally, I think Lukaku is a very limited player, so I don't see him as that much of a loss.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku out opens options of other to stake a claim to be first choice.

Pulisic should be back quite soon I think. It's a good opportunity for Havertz to hit form and try keep his place when the others are back, given he's been benched a lot recently. CHO has been typically used as a wing back typically by Tuchel, it's also an opportunity for him to play his prior normal position and show he's good enough in it. We all know what Mount can do, he's been well out of form this season so far though and also benched a bit.

Then we also have Barkley, and RLC who can play further forward as well as a 6 that Tuchel used him as so far.

EtH

Ah a couple of weeks doesn’t sound so bad. Sky made it sound like he might need an op.

Oranges038

Feel like I fecked him up completely by choosing him in my Fantasy team. Did nothing since then, then got injured.
Same here.

Salah going in today and triple captained.

That should see him be shit on Sunday.

Eugenius

Even prior to his injury 6 games without a goal. He scored 27 in his first season for us, but was very streaky. I'm still not convinced that his improvement in Italy is not just down to taking penalties and playing in an easier league.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Even prior to his injury 6 games without a goal. He scored 27 in his first season for us, but was very streaky. I'm still not convinced that his improvement in Italy is not just down to taking penalties and playing in an easier league.
It was 100% that, hence why he continued to play for Belgium in exactly the same way and couldn't do anything in the CL.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Shhhh

don’t point out facts otherwise all the hipster fans will say you’re wrong. The same ones that listen to Stadio who were claiming he was going to come and destroy the league with Chelsea!

If anything so far, despite our start he’s proved exactly why ole fecked him off in the first place.

Needham

If anything so far, despite our start he’s proved exactly why ole fecked him off in the first place.
Agreed.
Laughed out loud against City when a simple pass bounced back off his shin to an opponent, not a luxury I could afford when he played at Utd. Amazing business that we almost recouped the 75 we spunked.

Banat

I know it's only Norwich, but they are simply a better team/unit without Lukaku.
Good thing is, given the amount they paid for him, he will play whenever fit.

cyberman

Norwich needs to feck off form the league and never come back. There just here to collect tv money and parachute payments and add nothing to the league

tomaldinho1

I know it's only Norwich, but they are simply a better team/unit without Lukaku.
Agreed re being better without him but what an option from the bench/to rotate. Issue is Lukaku seems quite an ego so assume he’d want to start all the time.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Agreed re being better without him but what an option from the bench/to rotate. Issue is Lukaku seems quite an ego so assume he’d want to start all the time.
The bigger issue is not his ego per se — it's his confidence. He's extremely reliant on it and he needs to be feel trusted by the manager to perform at his best.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Norwich needs to feck off form the league and never come back. There just here to collect tv money and parachute payments and add nothing to the league
Don't blame them blame the system that allows them to do it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Price tag or not I'd like to think we'd admit to our mistake quickly.

Look at Kepa for example.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He will be back from injury in time for the Man Utd match. ;)
He'll score against us for sure, like he scored against you for us. And still flatter to deceive against any other toppisition. Yes, I said that.

LoneStar

People putting him up there with the likes of Lewandowski and Ronaldo as an elite striker at the start of the season....

He seems to be the same player that played for us. Same strenghts and limitations. There is no doubt he'll score 15-20+ goals in the league, but he won't turn up much in the big matches.

EtH

I don’t think today is a day we can blame him for anything.

Matthew1972

what do you call a person that speaks three languages? Multilingual

what do you call someone that speaks two languages? Bilingual

what do you call someone that speaks one language? American
I'm an American but you nailed it. I do speak Spanish and Portuguese however, but I am the exception not the rule.

Matthew1972

I was excited when Lukaku came to MUFC, but then I watched him play. He struggled against PL defenses and one on one with PL defenders and was average at finishing off excellent services. I said this before, I wonder how many 80th minute or later game tying or game winning goals he has in his career in the EPL. He can score when the going is good and the pressure is off, but disappears in crunch time.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s hilarious how Lukaku gets ridiculed on here for being poor in big games by fans of Bruno Fernandes.