Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
It is amazing that Chelsea is signing their former prodigy at 100 millions plus.
It is like United Pogba deal.
Lukaku always scores, even if he may not light up in big games, but in all competitions he will easily cross the 25-30 goals mark.

Lynty

Will fit in better at Chelsea than he did for us

They just need q goal machine. We needed an all-rounder to lead the attack

Red Stone

He becomes the player with the highest cumulative transfer fee of all time. Say it out loud and taste those words as they leave your mouth. Romelu Lukaku is the player in the world that has fetched the largest total sum of money over the course of his career. Ever. Romelu Lukaku. Him. How?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He becomes the player with the highest cumulative transfer fee of all time. Say it out loud and taste those words as they leave your mouth. Romelu Lukaku is the player in the world that has fetched the largest total sum of money over the course of his career. Ever. Romelu Lukaku. Him. How?
Wasn't David Luiz pretty high on that list as well?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
By scoring a lot of goals.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He may not be done yet. He will leave Chelsea and go somewhere so that will add to his tally.

Jaxa

Genuinely not jealous at all as I’m desperate for Haaland to finally come here and this essentially rules out Chelsea for next season.

Also Lukaku is a bit of an enigma, scores you goals but ultimately is never really fulfilling, bit like a McDonalds, fills you up at first but you feel like shite after a few hours,

Overall he’ll be in contention next season for Golden Boot and is exactly what Chelsea needs right now so they will be an absolute force, them and City surely favourites now.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Will fit in better at Chelsea than he did for us

They just need q goal machine. We needed an all-rounder to lead the attack
Not so sure about it to be honest.
It's a similar system but he probably had more leeway with Conte than he will have from Tuchel.
Conte was probably happy as long as he scored goals, with Tuchel it won't be just about the goals. (Of course, it's also not for Conte, but my gut feeling is that Tuchel would have more specufific demands. We'll see.)

edcunited1878

Chelsea needed a reliable goal scorer up top and paid a premium, similar to Maguire's fee for United.

Rom should get around 20 league goals. Be interesting to see how his overall game translates back into the PL after a couple years in Italy.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Delighted with this to be honest. He will get 20 goals for them easily but it won’t effect their league position.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This is on me here, but I still don't get it with him. I just don't rate him that highly at all. I know someone can bring up his stats and the fact that he's scored 5 million goals, but he doesn't do it for me.

Just one of those players I guess.

Think he'll get 15-20 goals

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He will be earning 355K per week + add ons if we go by Romano and Di Marzio.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
He will be earning 355K per week + add ons if we go by Romano and Di Marzio.
Everyone saying he will earn £250K per week? Where do you see the “355k”? Fabrizio is saying €12m plus add ons which is €230k per week plus add ons? Lower then the £250K im mentioning.

Tallis

I have a feeling this is going to be a another 100m flop. Not of the magnitude of a Countinho or Hazard. More like a Griezmann.

roonster09

Scout
Everyone saying he will earn £250K per week? Where do you see the 355k?
He earned 250K per week at Manutd, he should have a shit agent to get 250K per week after 2 contracts.

Btw Di Marzio said 12 million net, which is 10.17 million pounds after tax, which is around 355-360K per week. Romano said + add ons too.

edcunited1878

Delighted with this to be honest. He will get 20 goals for them easily but it won’t effect their league position.
It will because Chelsea have a very solid and defensive foundation. They don't allow too many goals under Tuchel because of their defensive pressing all over the pitch. Lukaku should give them at least +10 GF, which would put them around 80 GF and around 2nd if it were last year.

Teams should change their defensive tactics against Chelsea by sitting deeper and not allow Warner or Lukaku to get in behind them as much. Defend the space and defend crosses from the flanks...while marking Mount or whoever their advanced creative midfielder is.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
He earned 250K per week at Manutd, he should have a shit agent to get 250K per week after 2 contracts.

Btw Di Marzio said 12 million net, which is 10.17 million pounds after tax, which is around 355-360K per week. Romano said + add ons too.
Its not though? Theres 52 weeks in a year so idk what youre getting at here with your math. €12m euros divided by 52 is €232,769.

Olduvai_1

Supports
Chelsea
Great for us. We needed a goal scorer. Lukaku is proven. We struggled against the smaller teams last season, so don't mind Lukaku's stats in big games as long as he scores against teh smaller teams, last season proved we can hold our own vs the big teams. With Ziyech looking good in pre-season, and Havertz growing in form, Lukaku should be getting provided with plenty opportunities to score next season.

roonster09

Scout
Its not though? Theres 52 weeks in a year so idk what youre getting at here with your math. €12m euros divided by 52 is €232,769.
After tax, convert that to before tax, you will get the numbers as reported in UK.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Net

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The type of signing they need. People are talking about how they are glad they didn’t sign Haland, but Lukaku is a seasoned professional that will get a lot of respect in the locker room And guaranteed to score goals. Chelsea may benefit more with this signing than if they were to sign Haland.

Sylar

25+ goals in all competitions. I am however interested to see how many are decisive or winners, or in 'big' games.

Think this will be great for Werner though.