Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

TheReligion

Abusive
i do have a lot of experience in this area. though it’s usually me stalking other people. what tends to annoy me most is being completely ignored. that makes me want them even more. it’s like i didn’t exist.
Thanks Rimmy. Knew you'd know exactly how to deal with this.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
But paid similar money for Morata?
Get what you are saying though. Probably more to do with being standard issued PR jiberish though.
I think it was a clash between Conte and the club, to be honest. He wanted Lukaku, Chelsea were more interested in Morata.

Mr Smith

In an effort to swing this thread back on topic...

Can't think of a former player I've disliked as much since Tevez. He'll probably score a hatful for Chelsea, but I hope his ineptitude in big games continues and we get to laugh at him a bit. I'm not one of those who is blindly convinced he's an awful player, but I cannot stand him.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
£7.3M in todays money. From a local businessmen. 95% of which was invested into the stadium. Ok.
Worth noting that back then that kind of money was considered absolutely huge for football. But basically rich guy came in, saved the club and injected a large sum of cash that set you on a great path forward for the future. Same as us. :)

TheReligion

Abusive
Worth noting that back then that kind of money was considered absolutely huge for football. But basically rich guy came in, saved the club and injected a large sum of cash that set you on a great path forward for the future. Same as us. :)
Any chance of a reply? I'm interested to know how you think our success followed post being rescued and the comparisons between Roman.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
This being said by a Chelsea fan on a United forum is priceless
RedCafe is far and away the best footie forum around, which is why there's so many of us foul oppos here. It really doesn't have anything to do with people not supporting their clubs, it's just one of the few places that welcome open discussion without banning anyone not completely in lockstep with the home club.

I think we can confidently say that every single one of us non-United fans would have been banned from RAWK within a day for the kinds of posts we make here. Which is probably why this is an interesting place to visit and RAWK is like a creepy death cult.

TheReligion

Abusive
This being said by a Chelsea fan on a United forum is priceless
They are alright for a laugh. Some good Chelsea posters on here too @TheMagicFoolBus and @WeePat (others as well) who will have a bit of banter but actually engage with their points and avoid crossing the line with the wumming..

There's alot of irony in what was said though you're right, especially given the context.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
£7.3M in todays money. From a local businessmen. 95% of which was invested into the stadium. Ok. How much has Roman invested in Chelsea?

It is such a desperate comparison it is hilarious that it is even brought up when talking about Abramovich at Chelsea.

That's before you even consider how Abramovich made his money. And the fact he cannot reside in the UK.
How Roman made his money? For the sake of this forum, I would stop right there because Roman and his team of lawyers have been suing people for defamation, even if for the small chance this forum does get shut down due to your false comments Id stop there.

Also, he withdrew his visa renewal application (UK didnt cancel it or kick him out) because UK ministers were very vocally raising concerns about worrying Russian influence due to Salisbury nerve agent attack.

Since then Abramovich has gained an Israeli passport. With this passport he can come however he likes in UK and stay for 6 months at a time. He simply chooses not to, quite possibly due to still being pissed off at UK.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
RedCafe is far and away the best footie forum around, which is why there's so many of us foul oppos here. It really doesn't have anything to do with people not supporting their clubs, it's just one of the few places that welcome open discussion without banning anyone not completely in lockstep with the home club.

I think we can confidently say that every single one of us non-United fans would have been banned from RAWK within a day for the kinds of posts we make here. Which is probably why this is an interesting place to visit and RAWK is like a creepy death cult.
Yep there's not many other places around where you can see Sporting and Levekusen fans (to pick two random examples) in the same place.

The small minority of hostile United fans who struggle to/refuse to debate properly are like that with their own supporters aswell so I think they are just easily upset in general as opposed to because territorial.

Last edited:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
After getting on the scale this morning, I need to be loaned to Inter!!

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I have a digestive problem too. I retain weight after eating pizza, pasta, and cheesecake!!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's very confident and self-assured. I like it.

Kiwi Man

Supports
Liverpool
Very scary acquisition from a rivals standpoint. Just what they needed, seems like he's not as bulky as he was at united. I remember seeing an interview of his from his early days at Chelsea and it really stood out to me how ambitious he was and how he loved the club.

He's really going to come back feeling he's got a big point to prove. My pick for golden boot even if Kane heads to City.

MalcolmTucker

Yeah, it's good we have supporters from other teams on here and it definitely improves the forum on the whole. Some however like to say things like United are 'irrelevant' or that we're 'obsessed' with our rivals yet fail to see the irony - it's necessary to point it out when it occurs.

Dahmmy

good luck to the guy,

like a few other players from the LVG/Mourinho era, the right player at the wrong time.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
It's like he never left.

It feels like his heart was always at Chelsea. Maybe there might have been an internal psychological factor deep down. Possibly his heart and mind was never fully 100% with United. Its different playing for WBA or Everton who are not direct rivals to Chelsea and then playing for United he might have seen it as a betray psychologically playing against Chelsea.

Only he would know, but the mind is beautiful how it works, so I wouldnt put it as zero chances this could have been a factor!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Skinny or not…you’re not getting past Lukakus major issues. He’ll score enough goals but hamper the team. Glad Chelsea signed him. Hopefully city sign Kane too.

Blood Mage

good luck to the guy,

like a few other players from the LVG/Mourinho era, the right player at the wrong time.
Mourinho tried to use him as a target man at United which just wasn't his natural game. It's a shame he never gave life under Ole a chance but he was already disillusioned with life at United by the time Ole got here.

SAFMUTD

I dont think he'll flop, but to be honest Im kind of relieved that Chelsea sign him. It means they're off Haaland's pursue next year.

Blood Mage

Skinny or not…you’re not getting past Lukakus major issues. He’ll score enough goals but hamper the team. Glad Chelsea signed him. Hopefully city sign Kane too.
I disagree. Conte coached him well, he's a better player now than the one we saw at United (and the Lukaku we saw at United was already pretty good, just misused by Mourinho). It will be interesting to see what Chelsea can do this season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I disagree. Conte coached him well, he's a better player now than the one we saw at United (and the Lukaku we saw at United was already pretty good, just misused by Mourinho). It will be interesting to see what Chelsea can do this season.
He was a hinderance to the rest of the team. I doubt 2 years under conte are fixing his first touch and interplay. He’s the guy to score all the goals….but the team score less.

redrobed

To the Chelsea fans in here, it’s unclear who you’re arguing with but trust me when I say we know we are where we are because of the money we’ve spent. There’s not a single Utd fan that would argue otherwise. The major difference is you guys don’t seem to want to admit that you too are right up there largely due to money spent.

edit: please ignore - just had more of a flick through and apparently there’s plenty of fans that think we’ve spent nothing and conquered anyway.

acnumber9

Its different playing for WBA or Everton who are not direct rivals to Chelsea and then playing for United he might have seen it as a betray psychologically playing against Chelsea.
He must’ve thought he was playing against Chelsea every week.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It's like he never left.

Lukaku has a real victim mentality, and that shone through at United where the expectations are so high. Expectations are obviously very high at Chelsea too but no one can argue it’s a club with the same profile as United. He’ll do well at Chelsea as long as he can avoid coming under the microscope to that same extent. As reigning European Champions that may be harder than he imagines.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
He was a hinderance to the rest of the team. I doubt 2 years under conte are fixing his first touch and interplay. He’s the guy to score all the goals….but the team score less.
This is an interview with an Inter fan about Lukaku’s time there. It is opposite of your assessment. I think the other aspect is Rom was a bit of Conte’s soldier, and I believe he is going to serve the role Tuchel asks him to serve. Tuchel is very detailed about what every player does out there.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation...estions-with-an-inter-fan-about-romelu-lukaku

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The way he talks about himself and other things reminds me of Conor McGregor, absolutely batshit mental and up his own arse.