Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Why does it bother you where I am posting, and its irrelevant to the topic at hand. I am here for Lukaku not Chelsea. I can support a player who used to play for United, however shocking that might seem to you. Just like Depay, Lukaku has never been a donkey. He is one of the Top 5 strikers in the world, I have said my piece and stand by that. He was never happy here and wanted to get out, at a period the club was in shambles and he was scapegoated due to this.
We will see at the end of the season who is correct wont we?
Also idk what mental world people are living in, thinking I am Lukaku… I guess you can watch the next Chelsea game for a clue :lol:
I don't think anyone genuinely believes you're Lukaku. You are a bit odd though.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I guess you can watch the next Chelsea game for a clue
Won't prove anything.

You (Romelu Lukaku, that is) can easily get a mate to log on to the Caf and post some shite in order to provide you (R. Lukaku, that is) with what seems to be an alibi...but some of us weren't born yesterday.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
I don't think anyone genuinely believes you're Lukaku. You are a bit odd though.
I find the tribal mentality here odd when it comes to bashing Lukaku for being in a bad moment during his tenure at United, while the club itself was in shambles at that time. Ole has been bashed himself repeatedly the same way, while he saved a sinking boat and has done an outstanding job putting the club in the right direction. He was proven not to be a PE teacher clown with due time.

Won't prove anything.

You (Romelu Lukaku, that is) can easily get a mate to log on to the Caf and post some shite in order to provide you (R. Lukaku, that is) with what seems to be an alibi...but some of us weren't born yesterday.
Okay, great. Yeah, that is a total possibility sure :nono:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I find the tribal mentality here odd when it comes to bashing Lukaku for being in a bad moment during his tenure at United, while the club itself was in shambles at that time. Ole has been bashed himself repeatedly the same way, while he saved a sinking boat and has done an outstanding job putting the club in the right direction. He was proven not to be a PE teacher clown with due time.

They're separate arguments and also don't explain your love in for Chelsea across other threads.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
They're separate arguments and also don't explain your love in for Chelsea across other threads.
What love in? Im pretty sure its analyzing the teams and possibly comments on their insanely sketchy sales? Anyways, you probably would know better what I have posted since youre my parole officer :lol:

Let me give you a little clue though, Chelsea threads and the Lukaku thread is where youll smell the dung posts about Lukaku.

I wont be able to respond to anyone unfortunately for the day, my posts are done. Tot morgen! :p

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
What love in? Im pretty sure its analyzing the teams and possibly comments on their insanely sketchy sales? Anyways, you probably would know better what I have posted since youre my parole officer :lol:

Let me give you a little clue though, Chelsea threads and the Lukaku thread is where youll smell the dung posts about Lukaku.

I wont be able to respond to anyone unfortunately for the day, my posts are done. Tot morgen! :p
This from literally just the last week or so:

On Chelsea’s chances of silverware:

They’ll win the Champions League back to back. Don’t think the league, but I do think they will be in the CL final again and most likely win it.
On the quality of Chelsea's squad:

If the only weakness you see in Chelsea’s squad is that its not a world class defense, were all royally fecked. They are juggernauts in defense and almost won against Liverpool at Anfield playing with 10 men half the game. Did you not see their Champions League display? They’ve yet to be scored on this season from open play and irrespective of who they play in defense, theyre an unmovable object. That is the best defense in the world in my opinion. Silva isnt injured, Christensen and Rudiger are playing at a World Class level and keeping another World Class defender on the bench. Their Goalkeeper absolutely eats up any crosses in the box with his towering presence.
On Azpilicueta:

Saw this today, is it true? If so thats pretty insane especially for a defender.

“Cesar Azpilicueta has not made a single error leading to a goal in his entire, 9-year, Premier League career”
On Lukaku:

People still call him a donkey here when clearly he is one of the top 5 strikers in the world currently. Watch the outrage from this post.
On Jorginho:

He was the mastermind registra behind the Italian team and the Chelsea team winning the Euro's and Champions League. You've lost the plot if you think he shouldnt be up for these awards mate. Calling Jorginho mediocre really shows your lack of understanding and lack of care to understand tactics. He controls and is one step ahead of the tactical tug of war in games, your comment regarding Jorginho is tactless, just like the idiotic Chelsea fans who were bashing Jorginho early on. A player like Jorginho is exactly what we lack. We cant control games from midfield because we have Scott, Fred and Matic.

But please, do come back to me with a sassy or obnoxious comment, this is what I expect as a response from someone calling Jorginho mediocre. Waiting for it.
You also had a bit of input on their signing of Saul, the sale of Abraham, as well as commenting on the sale of a random youngster.

All after this weird post where you very much seem to be projecting:

Mate, youre absolutely unhealthily obsessed with Chelsea. Deary me. Now were only missing TheReligion joining in and you two turning another thread into a super obsessed Chelsea hate in and love in thread! Cue in any moment now the super defensive triggered Chelsea fans who will tell us how great Tuchel is…. :boring:

Lets not go down this road for the billionth time because youre seething at the mere existence of Chelsea football Club.

On second thought, are you sure you're not a Chelsea fan trying your hardest to prove how much of a Chelsea fan you're not?
Don't know why you won't just admit that you support Chelsea.

Last edited:

georgipep

On Azpilicueta:

On Lukaku:

On Jorginho:

You also had a bit of input on their signing of Saul, the sale of Abraham, as well as commenting on the sale of a random youngster.

While I agree with you that he is most likely a Chelsea fan, I also agree with him about Jorginho and their defense.

For me, Lukaku is not a striker I enjoy watching but damn he is effective (when not wearing the Man Utd shirt).

And back to Chelsea's defense, I think James is actually the weakest link there and hope that Sancho/Rashford will exploit their right side in the games this season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Hes on league if his own when it comes to mental insecurities

For all the shit I gave and give him there's no denying his immense success

Hes 29 and has played for three of world's biggest and most prestigious clubs us Chelsea twice and inter is his country's top scorer with a long way to go and shot at breaking the all time record while managing to rack up millions of pounds in wages

Surely a career many would aspire to and very few would reach at all

Yet he alway acts like he has this chip on his back always moaning and shutting down when the heat comes up

It would be alright if he had a Ronaldo like mentality where he would actually improve when the criticism mounts but he actually seems to just give up and needs to constantly be loved and told how good he is

Hes now in a sort of honeymoon period at Chelsea right now would be interesting to see how he responds when things start getting tough

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

On Azpilicueta:

On Lukaku:

On Jorginho:

This guy is very clearly a Chelsea fan and it's been apparent for a little while now. No idea why he'd pretend otherwise, it's rather sad

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution

On Azpilicueta:

On Lukaku:

On Jorginho:

You took the bait to post the quotes. So, why are you being disingenuous with those quotes?

On Azpilicueta:

On Lukaku:

On Jorginho:

Why be nasty, manipulative and conniving? Why cut majority of my quote?
Here is my full post about the TOP FOUR, not just about Chelsea. I was responding to a poster saying the defense was trash and a weakness

If the only weakness you see in Chelsea’s squad is that its not a world class defense, were all royally fecked. They are juggernauts in defense and almost won against Liverpool at Anfield playing with 10 men half the game. Did you not see their Champions League display? They’ve yet to be scored on this season from open play and irrespective of who they play in defense, theyre an unmovable object. That is the best defense in the world in my opinion. Silva isnt injured, Christensen and Rudiger are playing at a World Class level and keeping another World Class defender on the bench. Their Goalkeeper absolutely eats up any crosses in the box with his towering presence.

City just won the league with no recognized striker, that is not their weakness, I would say getting a Kane type of striker might have even hindered them- see Ibrahimovic at Barcelona under Pep. I fully do believe it might have been a repeat at what happened with Ibrahimovic at Barca if Kane went to City. Grealish might not be the best goalscorer but good luck getting the ball off him; perfect for Pep possession football.

Liverpool have strikers, and I am not talking about Salah. Firminho might not be the greatest goalscorer but he is a central linkup figure that unlocks the other forwards to score. He is a creative striker. It isnt an anomaly in my opinion since Jota has come in, Mane’s form has dropped. The setup with Firminho works best for their other forwards.

Sancho will need this season to really get to speed with the Premier league. This is understandable, it happened with Havertz also and I fully expect it to happen with Sancho. Next season is when Sancho will start to shine, this season we will see glimpses of greatness. Varane is a great addition undoubtedly but CM was really our weakness. We had a powerhouse attack also last season so adding Ronaldo will only make it stronger again.

So no, we are not absolute favorites and Ole will not have failed if he doesnt win the Premier League or Champions League. The FA cup and League cup is also not a given because these teams are also in it. We have to give our 100%, yes, but sometimes luck doesnt go your way against teams who are at your level or better.
The Jorginho quote. As I told you in private message, I am an Italian national team supporter and I will always back Jorginho no matter what because he is talented, he is Italy’s most important player and you can tell how good he is even playing for Chelsea.

On Abraham, Saul and their youth, I was calling their dealings shady on the amount they sold them for and also gluttenous. They didn't need Saul so why loan him on massive wages? The response to the youth was off of a twitter post and again hinting at how shady their sales are. On Azpilicuetta it was a twitter post and I was asking if the comment about Azpilicuetta was true. The post I was projecting is a comment towards TrustinJanuzaj which everyone would know me and him give each other shit always due to Lukaku, no love or hate between us. I dont have to comment about Lukaku everyone knows I believe he is a Top 5 striker, which he is.

Dont be nasty, cowardly and hide away by just responding “youre weird” in private conversation to me after trash talking. Man up, I do understand youre slowly becoming my superfan, and I always do have love for a fan ;)

This guy is very clearly a Chelsea fan and it's been apparent for a little while now. No idea why he'd pretend otherwise, it's rather sad
Guy likes Lukaku on the forum, slander him about being a Chelsea fan, that will prove us right! Exact herd mentality and proves why so many on here bash Lukaku, bashed Depay and Ole nonstop. Sheep.

Cue in the usual agenda driven posters agreeing. Lukaku, Top 5 in the world in his position. Proven world class goal scorer. The season will prove who will stand corrected :)

Last edited:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
You took the bait to post the quotes. So, why are you being disingenuous with those quotes?

Why be nasty, manipulative and conniving? Why cut majority of my quote?
Here is my full post about the TOP FOUR, not just about Chelsea. I was responding to a poster saying the defense was trash and a weakness

The Jorginho quote. As I told you in private message, I am an Italian national team supporter and I will always back Jorginho no matter what because he is talented, he is Italy’s most important player and you can tell how good he is even playing for Chelsea.

On Abraham, Saul and their youth, I was calling their dealings shady on the amount they sold them for and also gluttenous. They didn't need Saul so why loan him on massive wages? The response to the youth was off of a twitter post and again hinting at how shady their sales are. On Azpilicuetta it was a twitter post and I was asking if the comment about Azpilicuetta was true. The post I was projecting is a comment towards TrustinJanuzaj which everyone would know me and him give each other shit always due to Lukaku, no love or hate between us. I dont have to comment about Lukaku everyone knows I believe he is a Top 5 striker, which he is.

Dont be nasty, cowardly and hide away by just responding “youre weird” in private conversation to me after trash talking. Man up, I do understand youre slowly becoming my superfan, and I always do have love for a fan ;)

Guy likes Lukaku on the forum, slander him about being a Chelsea fan, that will prove us right! Exact herd mentality and proves why so many on here bash Lukaku, bashed Depay and Ole nonstop. Sheep.

Cue in the usual agenda driven posters agreeing. Lukaku, Top 5 in the world in his position. Proven world class goal scorer. The season will prove who will stand corrected :)
"took the bait"

"disingenuous"

"nasty, manipulative and conniving"

"nasty, cowardly"

"Man up"

"slander"

"Exact herd mentality"

"Sheep."

Awfully defensive about being called a Chelsea fan for someone who definitely isn't a Chelsea fan, despite quite clearly thinking Chelsea are the best team with the best players with the best chances of winning the biggest competitions and who won't hear a bad word said against them,.

Also very, very fecking weird.

thedvil

"took the bait"

"disingenuous"

"nasty, manipulative and conniving"

"nasty, cowardly"

"Man up"

"slander"

"Exact herd mentality"

"Sheep."

Awfully defensive about being called a Chelsea fan for someone who definitely isn't a Chelsea fan, despite quite clearly thinking Chelsea are the best team with the best players with the best chances of winning the biggest competitions and who won't hear a bad word said against them,.

Also very, very fecking weird.
I think he defended himself quite well actually, which he really shouldn't have to but I would be pissed too if someone was constantly calling me something I'm not.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Romelu, are you fit to play Villa this weekend?

Need to know for my fantasy team mate, cheers.

abundance

Supports
Inter
I find the tribal mentality here odd when it comes to bashing Lukaku for being in a bad moment during his tenure at United, while the club itself was in shambles at that time.
The two years I've watched Lukaku every game, he's been in one of the best moments of his career playing for my team that was rising from the ashes to win the scudetto after eleven long years.

I think he's by far the roughest "top striker" I've ever seen.
He can be very effective in many ways but maaaan is he rough.

He can't jump to save his life, doesn't have a clue on how to move in the box, slow as molasses to react in the goalie box, bad first touch, he's got playmaking ambitions that are frustrated by hit'n'miss technique and vision, just can't shoot from thight angles, can only dribble at speed, divorced from set pieces (awesome at penalties though)...

There's *one* thing (apart from motoring away at full speed in a straight line) that he can naturally excel at, which is target-man ball protection with the back to the goal, and even on that, he clearly had to be schooled every training session when he got here because he still hadn't figured out how to do it properly, at 26.

You *have* to factor all that in when you hear people talking about him.
Sure Inter fans will tell you he's still great *despite* that, while Utd fans that he's crap *because* of that, but either way, it's there.

And yeah you can have it that he makes top 5 strikers list.
But you have to factor in actual scarcity.
If I think of any single former or declining striker that has been considered top 5 in the last ten year or so, they were all miles better than him at their top.

Giggsyking

On Azpilicueta:

On Lukaku:

On Jorginho:

Maybe he is ashamed of it. After all, supporting Chelsea is a bit shameful.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I think he defended himself quite well actually, which he really shouldn't have to but I would be pissed too if someone was constantly calling me something I'm not.
Weird that a non Chelsea fan with the username "Bleu" would devote so much time to hyping up Chelsea though innit?

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Don't really. Just think it's a bit funny, as it always is on here when a blatant oppo pretends to support United.
Weird that a non Chelsea fan with the username "Bleu" would devote so much time to hyping up Chelsea though innit?
Even through private message you already knew that I support N.E.R and Italy who both wear blue. Then you know Inter also, which that comes from watching them play because of my old man. So why do you continue with this point by being disingenuous and lying? Even though you know this answer, why do you still continue to manipulate and act like you dont know why my name is Blue? Its okay if you think I support Chelsea though, at least im not a superfan of a poster named Bleu on Redcafe, but still acting like I hate them. Dont be a liar at least and act fake as if youre in shock… just to prove your agenda. The fakeness is making me nauseous. Also, Lukaku is top 5 striker in the world currently, so go eat your heart out at that one.
Sending love your way though my superfan @Alex99. Xox :devil:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Even through private message you already knew that I support N.E.R and Italy who both wear blue. Then you know Inter also, which that comes from watching them play because of my old man. So why do you continue with this point by being disingenuous and lying? Even though you know this answer, why do you still continue to manipulate and act like you dont know why my name is Blue? Its okay if you think I support Chelsea though, at least im not a superfan of a poster named Bleu on Redcafe, but still acting like I hate them. Dont be a liar at least and act fake as if youre in shock… just to prove your agenda. The fakeness is making me nauseous. Also, Lukaku is top 5 striker in the world currently, so go eat your heart out at that one.
Sending love your way though my superfan @Alex99. Xox :devil:

onemanarmy

I really don't get how polarized some posters here can be about a (former) player.

He isn't the best striker in the world, but you can acknowledge he made a shitload of goals. I watched him play 2 games for Belgium, and he is much leaner, quicker and frankly better than when he played here. Who's to blame? Probably himself, maybe our staff, I don't know.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I really don't get how polarized some posters here can be about a (former) player.

He isn't the best striker in the world, but you can acknowledge he made a shitload of goals. I watched him play 2 games for Belgium, and he is much leaner, quicker and frankly better than when he played here. Who's to blame? Probably himself, maybe our staff, I don't know.
This will go on for the whole season, and for as long as Lukaku is playing at Chelsea. If he has a bad game, this thread will be filled with people laughing at him. If he has a good game, the other side will pipe up.

Neither side are coming from an unbiased place so everything said in here just has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Can't really play the "don't care" card when you spent time curating his quotes, tbh
It is possible to do something that requires a minor amount of effort and also not really care about said thing. It was extremely easy to "curate" those quotes and took all of a few minutes.

As I said, I find it a bit funny and it was mildly entertaining.

If you really want to get into wasting time on things I don't care about, have a look at the stats I looked up a page or two back. Full afternoon in work that was.

vanrooney

lukaku is a top striker and was not only shit for us to be fair. if he had a ball controll he could be one of the best. i am glad we have gone for ronnie though

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
After watching the pile on with @Bleu I will say that as someone who pays attention to Atlanta United in MLS, New England Revolution fans are usually rather rabid about their team. Probably a trait that Boston fans have in general about their sports teams. He does seem like a N.E.R. supporter first and drawn to Chelsea through being a fan of Jorginho. Jorginho's career has really exploded nationally and for Chelsea in the past two years. I get the excitement.

onemanarmy

After watching the pile on with @Bleu I will say that as someone who pays attention to Atlanta United in MLS, New England Revolution fans are usually rather rabid about their team. Probably a trait that Boston fans have in general about their sports teams. He does seem like a N.E.R. supporter first and drawn to Chelsea through being a fan of Jorginho. Jorginho's career has really exploded nationally and for Chelsea in the past two years. I get the excitement.
People are fans of players, not teams nowadays? So you follow a player to another team as a fan?

Jesus Christ, I'm getting old.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
People are fans of players, not teams nowadays? So you follow a player to another team as a fan?

Jesus Christ, I'm getting old.
Jorginho is a featured player on the Italy team. He has said in the past he follows the Italy team.

But as to your question, I think that happens. I have seen United fans here follow Ronaldo with the teams he has gone to after United and didn't find anything odd about it?

onemanarmy

Jorginho is a featured player on the Italy team. He has said in the past he follows the Italy team.

But as to your question, I think that happens. I have seen United fans here follow Ronaldo with the teams he has gone to after United and didn't find anything odd about it?
You think United fans became Real fans when we moved to Real? Being interested in him is something entirely different. But becoming a fan of a club because a player goes there. Weird.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
You think United fans became Real fans when we moved to Real? Being interested in him is something entirely different. But becoming a fan of a club because a player goes there. Weird.
Maybe there is a disconnect here. He is a fan of Italy and of Jorginho. Nobody said that United fans that followed Ronaldo became RM fans. People in this thread are trying to create their own narrative, just as you have done in a couple posts....weird!

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

People are sore about how he keeps shitting on his time with us.

Honestly don't care about Lukaku, we got back our money on him and we've Cavani and Ronaldo in where's he playing at.