Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's just astounding that such a one trick pony can go for such outrageous money.

Watching him against better teams is like watching the kid who does well because he's the biggest in his age group, when coming to play against men.

BerryBerryShrew

How Chelsea saw what he did when playing for us and still spent all that money on him I'll never know.
How a coach as good as Tuchel has seen him playing up close for the past year and decided to select him for an FA Cup final against a superior team is probably the more perplexing conundrum.

I know Havertz is out but play literally anyone else. Stick Kanté in and play Mount as a false 9 if you have to. Pick some striker from your academy. Play Werner. Whatever. Playing Liverpool is difficult- why choose to play with 10 men?

Irwin99

How Chelsea saw what he did when playing for us and still spent all that money on him I'll never know.
He didn't have a bad first season with us (27 goals i think) to be fair but then decided to put on more muscle than Mr. Universe and was just god awful after that; he did pretty well at Everton and very well at Inter but he's such an irritating player the way he throws his hands up in the air and makes gestures to his teammates. It's like you're not THAT good mate, and maybe if you moved a bit more you're teammates would pass it to you more often. Seems so unlikable.

...still hope he scores the winner though :D

Remember the geese

I hope this post serves to be a terrific jinx, but I wish that donkey wasn't on the pitch. Our recruitment is poor, but this was shocking by Chelsea. They seemed to have it in their heads that they were signing Haaland last summer, when everyone else knew he wasn't available. Then they panicked. We all knew that Lukaku wasn't what he believed himself to be.

SER19

Terrible player. Selling for fee we did was a rare good decision

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He might be more useless than Rashford at the moment. Chelsea can’t have any more of that next season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
For years we were bantered about how shit Lukaku is and Chelsea still went in for him.

His move to Serie A was genius because it pulled the wool over their eyes, we got bantered for letting Lukaku go.

TheLord

I think despite all his weaknesses, he is well-suited for a less physical league where he can easily outmuscle defenders. Will score tons.

Ibi Dreams

Are Chelsea even going to be able to sell him? £100m and presumably big wages to go along with it. Who's gonna pay up for him? I'm sure Inter might like him back but I don't think they can afford him

Dempsey19

293.5 million in combined transfer fees for him.

That's just insane when his flaws have been apparent from day 1.

cyberman

Shows how clueless fans are at reading talent and performances.
This is a player we have seen for years in the EPL, we know his strengths and weaknesses yet he fecks off to Italy and all of a sudden we are seeing the best no 9 with his back to goal, his touch has improved so, so much etc as if we haven't already got a clear picture of who he already was.
I say we but Utd fans did give out fair warning.

Cloud7

This is a player we have seen for years in the EPL, we know his strengths and weaknesses yet he fecks off to Italy and all of a sudden we are seeing the best no 9 with his back to goal, his touch has improved so, so much etc as if we haven't already got a clear picture of who he already was.
To be fair, loads of fans said he didn't look any better there and he was just playing against weaker opposition. The Lukaku hype was more driven by media personalities and ex footballers.

cyberman

To be fair, loads of fans said he didn't look any better there and he was just playing against weaker opposition. The Lukaku hype was more driven by media personalities and ex footballers.
Plenty of opposition fans as well though, played into the aren't Utd shit narrative.
They could have just waited a few months to confirm that instead of hyping Lukaku.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Nah it's your modern fans who look at stats and xG and all that pointless bs. They see a highlights clip of a match where a player scored a goal but those highlights clips never show you the chances he's missed, the attacks he's fecked, the ball's he's lost because of poor technique...

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Lukaku's level, even on a good day, is easily closer to Chicharito's than to Forlan's and - especially - Larsson's.

BorisManUtd

He turned 29 yesterday so still got few years at top level in himself but selling Lukaku seems like one of good decisions our club made over last decade. Did not watch FA cup final today but judging by people's comments it looks like he's struggling with same problems like he did at United and at Everton as well. He was praised (rightly so) at Inter but Serie A is not a the same level as Premier League, with all due respect, though it's obviously one of the best leagues in football.

Chelsea probably made a costly mistake buying Lukaku for 100+ millions. Will be interesting to see if they keep him for another season, or sell him immidiately this summer. Don't think Romelu will ever score enough goals to compensate for the fact that he's making whole team play worse (at least that's how I saw his performances from few Chelsea games I watched this season).