Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

ShoePolish

I recall him complaining about racism in Italy few seasons back. He might want to miss Inter games this season I reckon.

marktan

Jose would sign anyone as long as it means a body in. Me thinks a meltdown is incoming for old Jose.

Andy_Cole

I recall him complaining about racism in Italy few seasons back. He might want to miss Inter games this season I reckon.
Italy is a strange place with racism. I’m mates with an ex black footballer’s brother. He raved about his time in Italy. Said they treated him so well, even not knowing he was a footballer. The small things like getting a taxi, being treated like an equal, Italy trumps England in that regard. England think they are above the world in this but we’re horrible. Yes Italy have issues with hooligans and racism in football, but out of football they are ahead of us.

galwayfa

Say what you want about Lukaku, has any of our players took a near 200k a week wage drop, if wages are to be believed, our ex captain would need take note

Plastic Evra

Say what you want about Lukaku, has any of our players took a near 200k a week wage drop, if wages are to be believed, our ex captain would need take note
I have some sympathy for Lukaku, his ego, his drive and basically living his career as a series of bad love breakups (Roméo... heh). Props for cutting his salary if true.
But I know which one of those two is the most massively disruptive in a squad and we're better with the Harr'.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku is also taking full advantage of the lower tax rate in Italy so the actual drop in net salary is a lot lower. Roma are reportedly paying him €7.5M/y net while his £325K/wk gross salary at Chelsea would have amounted to somewhere around £9M (= 10.5M€) after taxes.

Still a big drop mind you, but nowhere near as dramatic as cutting near 200K/wk.

Plastic Evra

Romelu in Rome
Reunited with his dad Maureen
What can go wrong? just a matter of time until he ruins the club from within
Wouldn't discount Lukaku doing very good for 6 months or a year.
The man is a modern day drifter, he'll move within two years.