Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I don't watch Lukaku that often. But, I remember United's victory over PSG in the champions league in Paris where he scored two goals to lead us to victory. I think that was a big game and he was outstanding.
He was excellent in that game to be fair, he worked tirelessley (though was helped by some diabolical defending). But that was seriously an exception, he is very often poor in big games.

RopersReturn

He’s was absolutely useless. I’d be flapping if I were a Belgium supporter tonight, he missed so many chances.

Dansk

That's gotta be one of the worst misses I've ever seen, even without taking into account the fact that it got them knocked out of the WC.

Castia

That performance was so bad he’ll probably never live it down in Belgium

Hes a good striker but damn he seems to have games like this on a regular basis he’s always missing sitters.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He was excellent in that game to be fair, he worked tirelessley (though was helped by some diabolical defending). But that was seriously an exception, he is very often poor in big games.
When you think of the absolute shit Andy Cole used to get for essentially not being Alan Shearer, yet still delivering in multiple huge games and moments, it’s incredible how Lukaku still gets pundits making excuses for him despite a decade of famously going missing in big games, having a really poor record against the top 6 (at every club) and fluffing high profile chances whilst still getting treated like an Elite striker every time he moves clubs or comes into a new tournament.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I don't watch Lukaku that often. But, I remember United's victory over PSG in the champions league in Paris where he scored two goals to lead us to victory. I think that was a big game and he was outstanding.
An exception to the rule. Lukaku is notoriously horrendous in big games.

Jev

I don't actually think the one on the post is that bad. He has to run towards it at full speed and still angle it back towards the goal while getting it around the defender. He's mostly just unlucky with that one.

The other two are mind-boggling, although the first one would have been ruled out by VAR anyway (the ball had clearly crossed the line before KDB crossed it).

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Bit of Anelka's career syndrome if that's even the right word for it, with even less medals, but still what was fairly pacy and strong player, now slowly turns into forever unsettled rebel.

Despite all Inter still is the right club for him, but he needs find that spark from early years. Better hurry up while he's still in his 20s.

Ted Lasso

If this doesn’t humble him nothing will.
I'd feel bad for him were it not for how arrogant he has been. That 90th minute miss is one of the worst I've ever seen. I actually class it as worse than a striker hitting the ball over or wide on an open net (Ronaldo or Yakabu is what I have in mind)

buchansleftleg

This game was awful, possibly worse because he actually tried and failed so hard.

In the previous game I couldn't believe how bad he looked before he even got on the field.

It was the 82nd minute when he came on....with nothing to lose and he looked absolutely miserable.

Any striker should surely relish the chance for a few minutes to try and nab a goal and be the hero.

He looked like he was worried about being blamed for the result.

Something is very wrong with him, and I don't think it is a physical problem.

rk4utd

I Never wanted him at united. I’m sure that most match going reds were chuffed when he left as it turned out he was also a trouble maker and was never an elite footballer even though he could grab goals when the service was right.

Certainly his time at United is not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Andrew Cole!

I definitely didn’t want him as captain!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you're as good as he thinks he is, it doesn't matter if you're not match fit.

Scoring goals is like riding a bike, and this guy ain't it.

redshaw

I made a song commemorating Lukaku and Belgium's exit.

"Ten green bottles sitting on the wall, ten green bottles sitting on the wall, and if Lukaku struck a ball trying to make one fall, there'll be ten green bottles sitting on the wall"

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I don't actually think the one on the post is that bad. He has to run towards it at full speed and still angle it back towards the goal while getting it around the defender. He's mostly just unlucky with that one.

The other two are mind-boggling, although the first one would have been ruled out by VAR anyway (the ball had clearly crossed the line before KDB crossed it).
Perhaps It's the luck and curse indeed, but it looks like he's devoided of taking any fun from what he's doing. In many cases he lets the ball hit him more than smashing it like a proper power striker.