Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

stevoc

What part of -- 3 of our cast offs scored as many goals for Inter today as we have in 3 games, don't you understand? If you don't care, jog on, friendo.
Ah so i did understand your point the first time then.

stevoc

This season he has been brilliant, one of the big reason or the biggest reason for Inter's position. Without him they look so clueless. Conte got the signing spot on, Lukaku really made a shit decision signing for us when Conte was so desperate for him. Conte knows how to use him, Lukaku looks so much better when he plays alongside another striker.
Yeah he's been very good for them this season, their team is built around and suited to getting the best out of Lukaku and for them it's working.

Paul_Scholes18

He has probably been a top 5 performing league forward this year. Although failure in CL is a negative point for him.

I think regarding league form it is only Lewandowski that you can say have a clearly bigger impact so far and maybe Suarez.

Overall though Mbabbe, Haaland, Kane players you rather have in your team too.

padzilla

Hipster
Delighted it's going well for him, looks like the move suited everyone. We got a good price and they got a good player. Serie A isn't what it used to be but if it was that easy everyone would be banging them in there.

Best K-Pass, K-Solution, K-Movement Player in Serie A

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Romelu Lukaku is the February Serie A MVP.

I dont think he's a ballon d'or contender though, even if he wins everything for Inter and Belgium (best scenario possible) Kevin De Bruyne would always be ahead of him..

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

I dont think he's a ballon d'or contender though, even if he wins everything for Inter and Belgium (best scenario possible) Kevin De Bruyne would always be ahead of him..
I don't know what any of the stats mean. I am officially old.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

5% pleasure
50% pain

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

What are those stats?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Lukaku bosses a league which a 40-year-old Zlatan also does great in. I don't buy the hype.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan

Explanation in italian http://www.legaseriea.it/it/sala-stampa/notizie/info/romelu-lukaku-mvp-del-mese-di-febbraio
Translated with DeepL:

"[...] For the final calculation, the days from 21st to 24th of Serie A TIM 2020/2021 were considered.
Among the main characteristics that have allowed the Nerazzurri number 9 to excel over other great champions are the following data:

- He recorded the highest Efficiency Indices in 3 out of 4 matches;
- A Technical Efficiency performance of 97% (with a peak of 98% in the derby);
- Impregnable in the progressions, he even reaches 99% in Physical Efficiency and exceeds the sprint threshold (25 km/h) 28 times per game;
- Very good in protecting the ball, he also shows an excellent dribbling property (K-Pass 96%) that allows him to give assists and passes repeatedly;
- The tactical skills (K-Movement 95%) and the ability to opt for optimal game choices (K-Solution 93%) enhance the incursions of his teammates.

"Romelu Lukaku is proving to be a real dragger, as well as one of the strongest strikers in the world. The Nerazzurri number 9 is providing consistently excellent performances from both a technical and athletic point of view and with 4 goals and 3 assists in February he has taken Inter to the top of Serie A TIM," said Luigi De Siervo, CEO of the Lega Serie A."

Congratulations!!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Explanation in italian http://www.legaseriea.it/it/sala-stampa/notizie/info/romelu-lukaku-mvp-del-mese-di-febbraio
Translated with DeepL:

"[...] For the final calculation, the days from 21st to 24th of Serie A TIM 2020/2021 were considered.
Among the main characteristics that have allowed the Nerazzurri number 9 to excel over other great champions are the following data:

- He recorded the highest Efficiency Indices in 3 out of 4 matches;
- A Technical Efficiency performance of 97% (with a peak of 98% in the derby);
- Impregnable in the progressions, he even reaches 99% in Physical Efficiency and exceeds the sprint threshold (25 km/h) 28 times per game;
- Very good in protecting the ball, he also shows an excellent dribbling property (K-Pass 96%) that allows him to give assists and passes repeatedly;
- The tactical skills (K-Movement 95%) and the ability to opt for optimal game choices (K-Solution 93%) enhance the incursions of his teammates.

"Romelu Lukaku is proving to be a real dragger, as well as one of the strongest strikers in the world. The Nerazzurri number 9 is providing consistently excellent performances from both a technical and athletic point of view and with 4 goals and 3 assists in February he has taken Inter to the top of Serie A TIM," said Luigi De Siervo, CEO of the Lega Serie A."

Congratulations!!
Che cazzo stanno parlando?

*waves hand angrily*

gibers

He's improved massively through Conte's coaching and Inter's dieticians.

Fair play to him if he leads Inter to a title.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's improved massively through Conte's coaching and Inter's dieticians.

Fair play to him if he leads Inter to a title.
Agreed, as much as I've criticised him he has improved aspects of his game.

He left a bad taste in my mouth they way he acted during his time at United but he's done well since joining Inter even if he isn't The Belgian Ronaldo like he thinks he is.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not sure why this thread is bumped when Inter win? Poor Matteo and Alexis, their threads are never bumped :(
Because we had pretty good first choice no9 and we made a mistake by selling him because "he is not fit for our style" (whatever that means). For Darmian and Alexis 100% of fans know that we did a right thing.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Because we had pretty good first choice no9 and we made a mistake by selling him because "he is not fit for our style" (whatever that means). For Darmian and Alexis 100% of fans know that we did a right thing.
He was right to be moved on, the mistake was not upgrading on him.

Hailee

He was right to be moved on, the mistake was not upgrading on him.
How many guys in the world are an upgrade to him?

Messi? Ronaldo? Ronaldo was too expensive for us?

Haaland? We turned Haaland down apparently. Mbappe?

Add Lewandowski and Kane to the list and there aren't other strikers that other world class managers will take.

He's clearly a top 5 striker in the world now.

tjb

I can accept that people didn't think he was the right fit here, but outside of his attitude during the period he was on his way out, Lukaku was really good for us. He did what we expected him to do, his touch wasn't as great as we would have hoped, but for the most part, our fans were complaining too much for what he was giving. I do think we made the right move in moving away from him, but I don't like how his period here is being described as anything less than good.

stevoc

Those stats are 100% horseshit.

stevoc

Was he first choice under Solskjaer though?

Plus a lot in here seem to be overlooking the fact Romelu had thrown the toys out of the pram and went awol to force through a move. He didn't want to be at United anymore.

Paul_Scholes18

Technical efficiency 97% and people here claim he is poor technically. How can people be so wrong by pure bias?

Unbiased stats proves he is a technical world class player here.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Plus a lot in here seem to be overlooking the fact Romelu had thrown the toys out of the pram and went awol to force through a move. He didn't want to be at United anymore.
Yeah, that is something about we talked here many times. I think that he wanted to be undisputed first choice. He realised that he will not be that under Ole. So, he forced a move (on ugly way) to club and manager who sees him as no1 player.

I don't blame anybody there. Every coach has right to pick his team and type of players and every player must think on himself first.

stevoc

Yeah, that is something about we talked here many times. I think that he wanted to be undisputed first choice. He realised that he will not be that under Ole. So, he forced a move (on ugly way) to club and manager who sees him as no1 player.

I don't blame anybody there. Every coach has right to pick his team and type of players and every player must think on himself first.
He wanted to leave and the club were happy to let him leave for the right price, there was no need for him to act the cnut. And yet he did.

So i do blame Lukaku for that, he could have acted more professionally. Only the year before he was saying other players should act like men if they're not happy with the manager or their role. Great advice but Rom should have practiced what he preached.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I do not know how these stats are calculated to be fair. Just funny how people always complain about him.
Please stop being reactionary like every fecking Lukaku fanboy out there. He's got a history of having a bad first touch - even some Ars fans were joking about it when we signed him 5 years ago and yet here you are trying to convince us otherwise with these stupid Serie A stats.

MalcolmTucker

How many guys in the world are an upgrade to him?

Messi? Ronaldo? Ronaldo was too expensive for us?

Haaland? We turned Haaland down apparently. Mbappe?

Add Lewandowski and Kane to the list and there aren't other strikers that other world class managers will take.

He's clearly a top 5 striker in the world now.
Since Lukaku went to Serie A, Immobile has outscored him while playing for a weaker side.

Lukaku
82 games
58 goals
113 mins per goal

Immobile
72 games
58 goals
104 mins per goal

Why isn't anyone making any noise about Immobile being a top 5 striker? Immobile actually delivered in Europe whereas Lukaku has choked when it mattered.

It's also worth noting that Atalanta's Muriel has a goal every 81 minutes over the last 2 seasons and even Zlatan has a 116 minute per goal ratio since coming back to Italy at the age of 39.

Hailee

Since Lukaku went to Serie A, Immobile has outscored him while playing for a weaker side.

Lukaku
82 games
58 goals
113 mins per goal

Immobile
72 games
58 goals
104 mins per goal

Why isn't anyone making any noise about Immobile being a top 5 striker? Immobile actually delivered in Europe whereas Lukaku has choked when it mattered.

It's also worth noting that Atalanta's Muriel has a goal every 81 minutes over the last 2 seasons and even Zlatan has a 116 minute per goal ratio since coming back to Italy at the age of 39.
Immobile is just old now at 31. Somehow fans don't respect old players. If he was 25 and doing what he was doing he will be highly sought after. It's not like he didn't get his chances to do well, he flopped at that. Same goes for guys like Vardy, no one calls him a top striker even though he clearly is, because no fan wants their club to buy these old players.

Hailee

The alternative is to end up like Romero who is loyal and tried to fight his way into the team and did not throw his toys out of the pram. Look where that got him.

Same thing for Henderson. I believe he'll start throwing his toys out of the pram if he does not get starts next season and will force at least a loan move if we do not drop De Gea.

Throwing the toys out of the pram is absolutely the right thing to do and it 100% worked out for Lukaku. De Gea really should have thrown his toys out of the pram and go to Real instead of being mopey and ended up grossly overpaid here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Lukaku
82 games
58 goals
113 mins per goal

Immobile
72 games
58 goals
104 mins per goal

I raised this point few days back. Immobile has better goal scoring record and if I'm not wrong he has more assists than Lukaku too.

AgeClubMinsGoalsAssistsGoals + AssistsMins per goalMins per G+A
Luis Muriel
29​
Atalanta
2057​
32​
6​
38​
64.28​
54.13​
Ronaldo
36​