Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Viral United

I agree, he often looks clumsy and funny. It's still a reasonably difficult chance, and harder than some better strikers like Lewa missed, even if this looked funnier.
Its simple tap in mate, you can't get any easier chance then this.

Viral United

It's not a simple tap in when it's that far in front of you, at an angle, with a defender in the way.
please re-watch replay, it was open goal, you can't get any better than that.
The defender was more busy to stop the cross then stopping his shot, he has zero acknowledge when ball hit him.
It was miss hit from him then great defending.

NotThatSoph

The defender was more busy to stop the cross then stopping his shot, he has zero acknowledge when ball hit him.
When the ball is so far in front of you that you have to hit it with your forward step you can't do much more than direct it towards goal. You can control the angle, but you can't generate power. Most of the goal was covered.

The defender literally stuck his thigh out, at the ball, while looking at the ball. How can you tell me he had no knowledge of it? You either haven't seen it, which is interesting when you've just told me to watch the replay, or you're just lying which is crazy behaviour.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The defender knew very little about it. He tried to cut the cross and lukaku hit it into him.

If that was rashford or martial in the qtr final of the CL we'd be fuming.

It's a sitter.
If Lukaku had of knocked it wide than yes, I would be joining in with the fun, however the defender was in the right place at the right time after Lukaku done all he physically could to steer the ball on target.

He didn't miss a sitter, the defender saved a certain goal.

When the ball is so far in front of you that you have to hit it with your forward step you can't do much more than direct it towards goal. You can control the angle, but you can't generate power. Most of the goal was covered.

The defender literally stuck his thigh out, at the ball, while looking at the ball. How can you tell me he had no knowledge of it? You either haven't seen it, which is interesting when you've just told me to watch the replay, or you're just lying which is crazy behaviour.
He scuffed it and hit it close to his heel, which is why it was heading back across goal. If he had hit it properly it would have gone in perpendicular to the goal line and nowhere near the defender.

The header was equally bad. It wasn't quite such an easy chance but to actually completely miss the ball was criminal.

Viral United

You don't need to generate power at that range, you only need to guide the ball in to the net.
You talk about forward step? Player go full dive for tap in and still get goal.
When I ask to re-watch reply I was telling you it was open goal.
As far as defender he was busy stoping cross then stoping a shot. He was not in front of Lukaku. He has no idea where the ball stuck.
As I said in my previous post it was miss hit than great defending.
And if you think it was great defending then you must be watching some other game.

Tony247

Absolutely correct. It was a miss hit.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems strange he wants to leave that badly

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Seems strange he wants to leave that badly
It isn't really. It's true to form this started around the time he realised he wasn't getting his starting spot handed to him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It isn't really. It's true to form this started around the time he realised he wasn't getting his starting spot handed to him.
In fairness, for the fee you’d expect to be starting every week

Not saying he justifies it. Just bizarre how he’s had two failed spells at Chelsea. A club he supports I thought

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In fairness, for the fee you’d expect to be starting every week

Not saying he justifies it. Just bizarre how he’s had two failed spells at Chelsea. A club he supports I thought
To be fair I wouldn't really call the first spell a failure. He was a kid, not given a real chance even after impressing in the league during loan spells and he rightly said feck off I'm leaving. This is different. This is abject failure and the way he's behaved is honestly a disgrace.

SungSam7

The biggest waste of space and money, if the guy spent more time on learning the basics of a first touch and less about being a big fish, he would be somewhat decent.

BerryBerryShrew

As well as being utterly hopeless at the basics of football he has to be the most mentally fragile player to ever steal a living at the highest level.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I hope this overweight, sweat drenched knobhead does all he can to make sure he fecks off out of our club.

Red00012

I think a part of him came back to prove a point that Utd were wrong to get rid.

spottieottiedopaliscious

Does he not have an agent / inner circle he can get advice from. He seems to be making his own decisions without any consultation. What does he do when Chelsea won’t bend over backwards to let him get his way and Inter can’t come up with funds to make it work. Also do Inter fans want him back?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This whole thing feels like a scam at this point, that Inter and Lukaku cooked up before he returned to Chelsea. We pay nearly £100m for him and literally a few months into the season he gave the infamous interview and shortly after that he was already plotting and scheming with Inter to find a way back.

We must be the biggest fecking suckers in the world if we agree to this stupid salary share 2 year loan arrangement with no purchase obligation. Fleeced twice by the same team for the same player within 12 months. On principle alone I'd tell Inter feck off, and tell Lukaku he's going to have to find a different club who can actually afford to buy him or risk rotting in U23's.

Idxomer

He left Inter because they refused to bump up his salary and now he wants to go back leaving a third of his salary in London, maybe he shouldn't have been greedy in the first place and realised how good he had it in Serie A.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Does he not have an agent / inner circle he can get advice from. He seems to be making his own decisions without any consultation. What does he do when Chelsea won’t bend over backwards to let him get his way and Inter can’t come up with funds to make it work. Also do Inter fans want him back?
Lukaku is clearly a difficult character but his representation also seems very poor. I don't think Lukaku ever really wanted to leave Inter. He was successful and loved there in a way he has never been at his other clubs. But Inter needed money and my bet is that his agent pushed him hard to agree to the move to Chelsea. His agent is a third tier player. After Lukaku, the most valuable clients at his agency are Demarai Gray and Neal Maupay. Moving Lukaku for 100m is basically a once in a career opportunity to bank a huge fee for an agent like that.

Lukaku, for his part, is kind of a thin skinned narcissistic man child. So after he shows up in London and realizes that the grass isn't greener despite the salary being larger, he immediately starts angling to get back to the only club that ever really made him feel wanted.

I have no idea what Chelsea will do but I think they're firmly in the realm of cutting losses and looking for the least-bad solution. Certainly the more that comes out about Lukaku's behavior and his desire to get back to Inter, the less likely it will be for some other club to enter the picture and offer a substantial fee for him. That already didn't seem on the cards given his age, wages, and recent performance. But why would anybody want to buy him if six months later he could start doing the exact same thing, angling for a move back to Milan?

Seij

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Apparently he fired him last week
Fighting solo for a move now

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
To be fair I wouldn't really call the first spell a failure. He was a kid, not given a real chance even after impressing in the league during loan spells and he rightly said feck off I'm leaving. This is different. This is abject failure and the way he's behaved is honestly a disgrace.
Said similar about Bastoni recently, basically being forced out of Inter for money, but no doubt will be crying to go back within a few months, then Inter will offer a 2 year loan with no obligation because they have "no money".

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lukaku is clearly a difficult character but his representation also seems very poor. I don't think Lukaku ever really wanted to leave Inter. He was successful and loved there in a way he has never been at his other clubs. But Inter needed money and my bet is that his agent pushed him hard to agree to the move to Chelsea. His agent is a third tier player. After Lukaku, the most valuable clients at his agency are Demarai Gray and Neal Maupay. Moving Lukaku for 100m is basically a once in a career opportunity to bank a huge fee for an agent like that.

Lukaku, for his part, is kind of a thin skinned narcissistic man child. So after he shows up in London and realizes that the grass isn't greener despite the salary being larger, he immediately starts angling to get back to the only club that ever really made him feel wanted.

I have no idea what Chelsea will do but I think they're firmly in the realm of cutting losses and looking for the least-bad solution. Certainly the more that comes out about Lukaku's behavior and his desire to get back to Inter, the less likely it will be for some other club to enter the picture and offer a substantial fee for him. That already didn't seem on the cards given his age, wages, and recent performance. But why would anybody want to buy him if six months later he could start doing the exact same thing, angling for a move back to Milan?
Inter didn't want to sell him, they sold.couple of players and Lukaku wanted new contract which they put on hold, also Conte left Inter, couple of big players also left so he wanted to leave Inter. He even pushed for transfer, IIRC he said that before leaving Inter.

RedDevil@84

I think a part of him came back to prove a point that Utd were wrong to get rid.
Yup. When he left United to go back to Italy, a good number on the ever negative caf said/predicted that the game speed there will suit him and he can score a lot.
Lukaku seemed to believe that he was doing good because he has genuinely become a top striker. And he came back to prove a point. Again several folks on the caf predicted that his shortcomings will get exposed and that was proven true as well. Now Lukaku seems to have realized that going back to Italy is the safest bet. And he can go back to scoring many and calling himself world's top 5 player