Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It was embarrassing, but at least the long sighs on game day will end for me.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Similar to Pogba where he has all of the attributes to be successful but seems to have an attitude problem. Like Pogba, gone back to safer surroundings.
Well said. I was one of the outspoken people who thought Lukaku had gotten a lot better at inter. The PL is hard. If you’re not fully up for it you’re going to get found out fast and ever since that interview he’s had one foot out the door. I thought he’d come back with a major point to prove but all he’s shown is that he can’t hack it. He’s just not complete enough to be a really top striker in this league and he knows it and he’s taking the easier option.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Well said. I was one of the outspoken people who thought Lukaku had gotten a lot better at inter. The PL is hard. If you’re not fully up for it you’re going to get found out fast and ever since that interview he’s had one foot out the door. I thought he’d come back with a major point to prove but all he’s shown is that he can’t hack it. He’s just not complete enough to be a really top striker in this league and he knows it and he’s taking the easier option.
He hasn't scored more non-penalty goals in Inter, his
non-penalty goal ratio there is the same as he had at United, the difference is that he just scored more penalties in Italy.

17 and 18 non-penalty goals for Lukaku in Serie A, compared to his 16 non-penalty goals in his first season at United.

His best non-penalty goal ratio was at Everton(25).

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Just going off this one. You might well be right, but Inter can’t afford to buy him unless they sell someone for 50m+ next season, which isn’t a given.
It was about Griezmann's loan not Lukaku's, the initial question was about whether Lukaku was the worst transfer ever.

Oranges038

Maybe now he's gone back to Italy, we'll see the real Lukaku again. The record goalscorer with the great striking technique but still with the first touch of a brick wall.

Lee565

The funny thing is that they are now paying out to two different clubs for lukaku services from when they brought him on a permanent from united in installments and now the loan from Chelsea

BorisManUtd

Never forget

Romelu has such a big ego and at the same time is so weak, man is 29 and just runs back to Inter after 1 season so he can feel safe again, instead of staying at Chelsea and proving his worth. That's one of the reasons why he doesn't belong to the WC group.

caid

Romelu has such a big ego and at the same time is so weak, man is 29 and just runs back to Inter after 1 season so he can feel safe again, instead of staying at Chelsea and proving his worth. That's one of the reasons why he doesn't belong to the WC group.
Did he even make it 1 season. Kind of seemed like he checked out more or less immediately.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly Chelsea fans have a right to be pissed, he was bloody useless for them :lol: I honestly thought he was actually going to be good for them.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Did he even make it 1 season. Kind of seemed like he checked out more or less immediately.
This was in the middle of August.

The interview where he talks about how much he wants to go back to Inter was in early December, so about 3 months later.

So yeah, he was done with Chelsea pretty much immediately after signing.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Never forget

And what's funnier, is when he gets held to those standards he can't handle it and cries off.

Tuchel should have literally said (if Lukaku was moaning about the system not suiting him) is "the guys you think you're on par with would suit this and any system, be a man and deal with it".

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This was in the middle of August.

The interview where he talks about how much he wants to go back to Inter was in early December, so about 3 months later.

So yeah, he was done with Chelsea pretty much immediately after signing.
I honestly believe it was after the spell in the Autumn. Apparently his interview was filmed in and around the Juve games.

We looked sensational in general play and even his ego would have known deep down he wasn't capable of being involved in such team displays.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pogba to us.

Coutinho to Barca.

Dembele to Barca.

Griezmann to Barca. (Jesus Christ, Barca.)

Hazard to Madrid.

Lukaku back to Chelsea.

Which is the biggest flop ever?
Pogba and Dembele certainly shouldn't be on that list. Probably not Griezmann either. They all had periods where they've been good for their clubs, just not as good as expected (Dembele still has time as well).

Hazard and Lukaku were definitely the worst flops in terms of their performances, but Coutinho comes with that added comedy bonus of the CL humiliation while on loan at Bayern.

SoCross

Yeah, problems started few months into the season it seems. Ridiculous
Didn’t this twit also say something along the lines of him feeling like United was not the right place for him after the 2nd game or so?

Lee565

In regards to this deal bringing up the question of biggest flop transfers in football, surely naymar to psg and kaka to madrid are right up there

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In regards to this deal bringing up the question of biggest flop transfers in football, surely naymar to psg and kaka to madrid are right up there
Outside of injuries Neymar has been PSG's best player by some distance with the exception of last season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Are Chelsea fans happy hes gone?
Feck yes.

It's a hugely embarrassing situation for Chelsea, and yeah we'll be the butt of some jokes for a while but he needed to be gone and I'm glad he is. Hopefully he lights it up in that league so we can recoup some money, but even if we have to loan him to Inter for peanuts every season for 4 years, I don't actually care anymore.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Why is it so easy to hate this guy?
I guess it's his persona and fragile ego. Because of the lack of great strikers atm he can consider himself amongst the best, but his overall ability is just so lacking. Still United, Inter and Chelsea paid big for him.

Cloud7

Why is it so easy to hate this guy?
It is 100% because he comes across as extremely obnoxious anytime he opens his mouth. At United he talked about players needing to "man up" or something to that effect when he was Jose's favorite and being played every week, all while being arguably the most fragile high profile player in world football who runs off crying anytime things don't go exactly his way. On top of that, his style of play is very, very unappealing to look at, so it's not even like he's a player that gets you excited which might mitigate how annoying he is.

diarm

I don't call a lot of stuff right, but I've had this lads number since early on in his time at United.

Had fairly loud rows with mates at home who thought he was the second coming of Christ at Inter and who were all convinced he would score a hundred goals a season for Chelsea.

I fecking knew he wouldn't. He's an effective goalscorer up to a level - Serie A where the pace is a touch slower and his poor touch a little less important, or in international football where he racks up the goals against minnows are fine.

But the premier league, top level continental football and the internationals against the best countries are just a level above his ability and mindset. He lacks the bottle to produce on the big stage and he doesn't improve in that respect because everything is always someone elses fault.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if his fairytale return to Serie A doesn't work out the way he's expecting at all. They loved him before but a couple of dodgy performances and they'll be right on his back this time and the first round of boos or ribbing from the stands could see him crumble altogether.

BorisManUtd

Didn’t this twit also say something along the lines of him feeling like United was not the right place for him after the 2nd game or so?
Yeah I think so, can't find that interview but apparently he was unhappy with something after only few games into his United career, so August 2017 :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't be at all surprised if his fairytale return to Serie A doesn't work out the way he's expecting at all. They loved him before but a couple of dodgy performances and they'll be right on his back this time and the first round of boos or ribbing from the stands could see him crumble altogether.
Also Inzaghi plays a more possesion/passing based style and I can't imagine him caring enough to micromanage him (and his diet) the way Conte did.

I can see this being a disaster unfortunately.