Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

buckooo1978

surprised by the insecurity of Lukaku

you would have to question whether he ever had the character to play for an elite club with the lack of confidence that seems apparent in his interactions

A top player would take the criticism and use it to drive them on to success. Look at Beckham, Rooney and other players we have had. It ignited a fire in them to prove everybody wrong. Lukaku has whinged about it, done nothing to address it, and now finally wimped out of the challenge and run off to Inter.

He’s been at 100kg since he was at Anderlecht.
He was low 90kgs at Everton and when he arrived here. Look at the photos of him at Everton vs now. There is a significant difference.

vs.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He was low 90kgs at Everton and when he arrived here. Look at the photos of him at Everton vs now. There is a significant difference.

vs.

That’s a weird sign announcing him :lol: do they realise ‘not for everyone’ isn’t really a good thing

haram

vs.

Are you going by just photos or actual stats?

SwedishFish

The fact that he came straight after Zlatan who was technically superior didn't help Lukaku. His touch will never be amazing but if he gets to be the spearhead poacher of the attack he'll do well and score goals.

I still don't think he'll ever win the Serie A with Inter or that he will ever move to a bigger club. Inter is his level.

Are you going by just photos or actual stats?
Both. The photos are clear on their own, but even though players very rarely reveal actual stats every source you can find will have him at 90+, with 94kg being the most commonly reported.

Inter sources all say he turned up for his medical at 104kg.

Smores

Something wrong with some of you :lol:

He's not even our player anymore move on rather than posting bitchy comments on a football forum he'll never read.

According to that he has stayed at pretty much the same weight his whole career, which goes against what he has said himself about putting too much weight on after the world cup. Whoever that person is, they are clearly not telling the truth.

Adding to that, its pretty much impossible not to put weight on from 16 to adulthood.

tenpoless

So He was lying about putting more weight for the World Cup and is now trying to proof that He was lying?

The feck is this guy doing exactly.

haram

According to that he has stayed at pretty much the same weight his whole career, which goes against what he has said himself about putting too much weight on after the world cup. Whoever that person is, they are clearly not telling the truth.
Well being 4kg overweight it still overweight. That person is a journalist who was one of the first to report Lukaku training with Anderlecht this summer. Lets not just claim he was in the low 90kgs because of photos.

Kristof from Twitter said so? That's me convinced.
He is a journalist.

Snafu17

Posture and lightning can change a photo significantly. Just check the instagram reality subreddit.

Additionally there's significant difference between fat and unfit/overweight for a professional football player. You can be shredded and huff and puff after a sprint or look a bit chubby and run for miles. Professional football players are almost never actually fat, especially compared to the standards set by people that usually call them fat.

Well being 4kg overweight it still overweight. That person is a journalist who was one of the first to report Lukaku training with Anderlecht this summer. Lets not just claim he was in the low 90kgs because of photos.
I also edited in that the Twitter guy is claiming he didn't put any weight on from the age of 16. That's basically impossible.

haram

So a professional bullshit artist, rather than an amatuer.

This is like players wages, they don't get disclosed, a few journos take a guess, all the other journos copy them and everyone else treats it as a fact.
He has connects at Anderlecht and in Belgian football in general. You can choose to believe it or not, but it’s one of the best (English) sources on Belgian football I have seen. Maybe someone who follows the league can correct me.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

This is like players wages, they don't get disclosed, a few journos take a guess, all the other journos copy them and everyone else treats it as a fact.
If you know the correct people, you can easily have that information. It's not something that you are likely to have on ESPN or BBC though.

UncleBob

Piss funny that he's so insecure about himself, from posting the sprinting stats to mirror selfies to prove he's not fat :lol:

el3mel

Mate, just because you don't like what he posted doesn't mean he's not right. He's a famous Belgian football journalist with pretty strong connection to anything Belgian related. If there's someone who can get such information, it is gonna be him. It's not disclosed btw. He just had his strong sources that brought him such information.

JPRouve

Scout
I wonder how good Lukaku could have been if picked Rugby instead of football, his natural built is perfect for a center.

el3mel

Anyway, I don't find any reason to still be salty about the guy once he left. He's gone. Not our concern anymore. People in this forum overreact a lot with their hatred of ex players and managers. I will hate them here but once they are gone, well, they are gone. I don't care about them anymore.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's looking quite good actually, like others have said he shouldn't have bulked up as much as he did.
He's looking amazing if you compare him to your regular Joe to be fair. People who compare him to their own height/weight proportions or tells the stories of how they've lost 10 kilos in a short amount of time are kidding themselves.

But professional footballers shouldn't look massive with the shirt on — even Cristiano, who'd you expect to look like a Hulk after you've seen him topless. My favourite example is Nani, who always looked so lean and skinny — and then I've seen his picture without the shirt on:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I wonder how good Lukaku could have been if picked Rugby instead of football, his natural built is perfect for a center.
He's not very good at physical battles in football — at least he's significantly worse than you'd expect from a guy of his size. Wouldn't it be a problem?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Mate, just because you don't like what he posted doesn't mean he's not right. He's a famous Belgian football journalist with pretty strong connection to anything Belgian related. If there's someone who can get such information, it is gonna be him. It's not disclosed btw. He just had his strong sources that brought him such information.
Stuff like that with zero references always makes me chuckle. Same with wages and transfer fees.

It's when people treat it as factual where it becomes really silly.

JPRouve

Scout
He's looking amazing if you compare him to your regular Joe to be fair. People who compare him to their own height/weight proportions or tells the stories of how they've lost 10 kilos in a short amount of time are kidding themselves.

But professional footballers shouldn't look massive with the shirt on — even Cristiano, who'd you expect to look like a Hulk after you've seen him topless. My favourite example is Nani, who always looked so lean and skinny — and then I've seen his picture without the shirt on:

The nature of football between sprints and long distances means that ideally footballers should look like decathlonians.

el3mel

Stuff like that with zero references always makes me chuckle. Same with wages and transfer fees.

It's when people treat it as factual where it becomes really silly.
When it comes from a very good source with known strong relations of course people will believe it. It's only natural. He's not the Sun or the Mirror for example.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
When it comes from a very good source with known strong relations of course people will believe it. It's only natural. He's not the Sun or the Mirror for example.
I find there so much bollocks out there, it's best not to believe any of it when it come to wages and fees. None of it really matters at the end of the day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He's a brilliant journalist on the Belgium stuff from what I know. Extremely reliable on that front.

JPRouve

Scout
He's not very good at physical battles in football — at least he's significantly worse than you'd expect from a guy of his size. Wouldn't it be a problem?
The physical side is teachable the issue is more the accumulation of skills that you need to develop, you need to be able to pass the ball both sides(which isn't as obvious as people may think), memorize and execute patterns, have spatial awareness and many other things. As for his mentality, if he had picked Rugby at a young age, his mentality would be different, you don't really need to be tough but enjoying physical battles is a must, avoiding them is also a great skill though.

With his speed and size, I just wonder how good he could have become, if developed in a different environment.

hobbers

He was clearly 5-10 kgs lighter when he played for WBA and Everton. I don't care what any hack says about it.

Anyway, you wouldn't mind him being overweight based on muscle bulk if he actually could assert himself on the pitch. But as we know he's a massive pushover who's never won a physical battle against a CB in the last 2 years. His hold up play and his heading are as much of an embarrassment as his stepovers.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Lukaku scores for Inter again
Romelu Lukaku has scored again for Inter Milan, this time against a Serie C side.

The San Siro giants beat Gozzano 2-0 in a behind closed doors friendly.