Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Needham

"Since [second game for United] I imagined how it would feel to leave the club."

So did I....
I think everyone saw the title thread and had the same thought. But you've been the only one with the balls to actually type the intellectually simplest response.

Number32

Why don't We just use the money from his sale to fund Sancho? We replaced him with a player from academy.
Woodward had spent the money to buy Maguire. In fact we don't really have 200 millions transfer budget like they said, it's just a PR strategy to increase United's stock market.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was crap the second season apart from 1 week with 6 goals and knocking PSG out, but I thought he was pretty good the first season. Had a nightmare vs City though in the first game.
Even in his first season he was only good in the first half of it. Started off scoring a bunch of goals, and then had a period where he wasn't scoring but was still actually playing quite well. From memory he won (or at least nominated for) our player of the month in November or December despite not not really scoring. He then started struggling and was fairly poor in the second half of the season. At the time most of us were disappointed but he'd shown enough in the first 5 months to hope that he'd ultimately come good.

Then it all went to shit and we all saw the disgusting 'performances' in his second season. I maintain that he was literally the worst performing regular starter in the entire league up until Ole came in and dropped him.

paulscholes18

He’s got double figures in the league for 8 straight years, he’s a quality player.

A one dimensional kick & run merchant but he got 12 league goals with Timberlands on last season - bad players don’t do that.

Congrats to Ed & Co. for recouping the fee they did.
That’s the bare minimum I would expect from a NO9 playing for Everton, Us & Inter to score. If our no9 started 25+ league games and couldn’t even score 10 goals I would question if he is good enough for us.

"Since [second game for United] I imagined how it would feel to leave the club."

So did I....
It’s also such a lie. Just propaganda when he was leaving the club, joining Inter.

exactly the same as when he said OGS wanted him to stay. Clearly he didn’t, but unlike previous managers he didn’t public ally throw players under the bus. It’s exactly the same with Sanchez. OGS doesn’t want him around stinking up the place, but has far too much class to slag him off in public like Jose would have.

Eddy_JukeZ

That above clip is great.

Is there a website that shows our games(replay) without the fans? Would love to see if the players are audible.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Whenever I saw this thread get bumped. I knew Inter had a game on the same day and it's also likely means Lukaku did nothing in that game.

mu4c_20le

...what the actual feck, what he expect from Victor? Floating cross the far side?

Not sure he can head that one either to be honest .
He can drill it hard and low and there's a chance big rom can get to it... but thats asking an awful lot from Moses, who isn't exactly C.Ronaldo

meamth

He can drill it hard and low and there's a chance big rom can get to it... but thats asking an awful lot from Moses, who isn't exactly C.Ronaldo
But that was what exactly Moses tried to do, low hard cross and blocked. Maybe he expected a slightly curved ball ahead of the line, but hey, that's a difficult thing to do.

What a prick of a teammate, Lukaku. If everyone shouts fecking hell Lukaku everytime he fumbled his first touch, he might need a physiotherapist.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I dont care if he scores 50 goals in the geriatric Serie A. He was crap for United.
Don't miss his mopey sulky head at all.
He's not good enough for United

montpelier

Nothing has changed has it. Fit, working hard and with a first touch he'd be very dangerous/top class.

He can bully and shoot, and scores in patches or when it's it's a bit flat tracky. That's what you actually get. And if he doesnt fancy it, not that either.

Red_toad

I dont care if he scores 50 goals in the geriatric Serie A. He was crap for United.
If you didn’t care you’d not be on this thread, he’s living rent free in your head :lol:

Mike Smalling

Came here to post something similar to this. Just because he is doing well for Inter, does not make it the wrong decision to sell him. It has worked out well for all parties involved, which is obviously positive.

montpelier

By the end here he was reminding me of an amateur parks CF playing a couple of divisions too high.

You can't knock it into his feet at full speed and have it back first time because it'll just bounce off and away. You give it him at 3/4 speed and his first touch is still just what happens before he tries to control it with his 2nd touch. Then you might get it back off his 3rd touch. Useless.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Whenever I saw this thread get bumped. I knew Inter had a game on the same day and it's also likely means Lukaku did nothing in that game.
Or did something shit. :lol:
Or he scored goals against team fighting relegation, so his fanboys come out of the woods praising him to be best of the best, and never should have left.. blah..

What a prick of a teammate, Lukaku. If everyone shouts fecking hell Lukaku everytime he fumbled his first touch, he might need a physiotherapist.
Probably explains why he went from being well liked in the team when he joined us to by all accounts everybody being glad to see the back of him when he left.

Hes had a mixed season at Inter. The fans were not impressed early on, despite the goals. He won a lot of them over around Christmas but has been a bit shit since then. Kind of like here, the goals mask a nagging feeling that hes not all that good.

Last edited:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Barcelona, Milan, Napoli and Roma
Barcelona – that’s pretty cool.

I don’t watch enough Italian football to benchmark how good that trio of Milan, Napoli and Roma are. A quick glance at the table tells me they are the 5th, 6th and 7th place teams.

So, he’s still pretty much a flat track bully by the look of it.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
It was either Lukaku or Morata. I’d argue we shouldn’t have gone for either but If I had to choose it would be Lukaku.
No excuses for Lukaku though. He wasn’t an astute signing for us.