Romelu Lukaku | Inter watch | Best K-Pass, K-Solution, K-Movement Player in Serie A

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I read an article on the BBC the other day which said Inter worked closely with him on his conditioning when he first joined. Makes sense really, he was well off it in that respect in his second season here.

I saw a post further up suggesting he would fare better at United in our current setup and I think that's probably true. Ultimately Inter is the right place for him though - a respectable team in a good league but not one with the pressures of a top Premier League side. It suits him well and doesn't have such high demands on good technical ability.
It just never ceases to amaze me how elite footballers aren't themselves experts on maintaining fitness already and apparently need close supervison from the club. I mean it's literally one the most important aspects of your career. Even without the clubs supervision you can hire the best fitness coaches and nutrionists avaible. I can understand the need for professional footballers to wind down and let go a bit in the summer though.

GifLord

The gif that keeps on giffing
It just never ceases to amaze me how elite footballers aren't themselves experts on maintaining fitness already and apparently need close supervison from the club. I mean it's literally one the most important aspects of your career. Even without the clubs supervision you can hire the best fitness coaches and nutrionists avaible.
Lukaku believes he has made huge strides in terms of his mentality in recent seasons, culminating in a stellar campaign under Antonio Conte this year at Inter.
“I thought it was now or never for me when I turned 27,” the striker revealed.
“You can score 500 goals in your career but if you don’t win a title then it’s all pointless.
“I’ve improved with my back to goal thanks to a machine we use in training which fires balls at me at 30-40km/h, I have to direct them towards my teammates.
“Beforehand I was always a bit behind the defender marking me, now I’m two seconds ahead of them.
“It’ll never be my favourite kind of work but now I’m fulfulling a crucial role, a bit like Shaquille O’Neal in basketball.
Well at least conte knew about his limitations
Still funny that you have to train a player basically at his peak his first touch :lol:

cyberman

Inter have asked players and staff to forego wages, Conte hasnt talked to the press since so he could be on his way.

With the story about threatening to take Lukaku back a few months ago due to Inter being in finacial shit, doesnt this confirm it? #lukakuback

MalcolmTucker

Inter have asked players and staff to forego wages, Conte hasnt talked to the press since so he could be on his way.

With the story about threatening to take Lukaku back a few months ago due to Inter being in finacial shit, doesnt this confirm it? #lukakuback
Any story of us bringing back Lukaku is absolute nonsense.

Anyway, why would we want him back when we just signed Cavani to another year who is a better striker even at 34 years old? Lukaku's goalrecord is no better than other 'top' Serie A strikers such as Immobile or Muriel and I don't want either of those.

Anyway, why would we want him back when we just signed Cavani to another year who is a better striker even at 34 years old? Lukaku's goalrecord is no better than other 'top' Serie A strikers such as Immobile or Muriel and I don't want either of those.
I’m a massive critic of Lukaku and of his time here. I do however acknowledge he’s turned things around, and seems to have got rid of some of the appalling attitude problems he had. He’s clearly got fitter (his fitness was all down to him, not the propaganda that they promulgated…), he’s been scoring goals.

he was never the right forward for us, and he’s not the right forward now.

there’s close to zero chance of us ever going near him again.

he doesn’t like us, and we don’t like him.

spiriticon

He's done well in Italy but I don't miss him at all.

He'll always score plenty goals against shite teams, and when the defences in Italy are as shite as Roma's, it'll inflate his numbers.

ti vu

I don't want and don't think we and Lukaku want a reunion.

Cavani is doing well, but as it had shown, his injuries issue may derail his season. Even if you're happy with his contribution, he just missed too many games to be your starting forward. Cavani stays or not, we should always look at a starting forward for the future as Martial and Rashford are not suitable as no 9.

If Inter has to sell him to stay afloat, I wonder where he would end up? Inter definitely want a big fee for him, but pandemic, and his style would limit the option significantly.

Last edited:

tenpoless

Lukaku has pretty much shut down the chance to ever come back to United. He was bitter towards United after moving to Inter. He's like Moyes - the player version.