Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

clarkydaz

Jose built a team around you, defended you to the hilt, insulted your team mates on your behalf and still ended up dropping you. your pissy thinskin cries are invalid

redshaw

Always found it strange how he came here while being at another North West club for a long time and started acting weird. Suddenly every little thing said matters and he wants to be out. You can tell he got the hump early on with his feck you goal celebrations as if the whole Stretford End was on his back or something.

He seemed like a no nonsense character before coming here and thought he'd be great but turns into the incredible sulk.

I can understand his frustration with Ole putting him on the wing and wanting to leave. One of Ole's and the board's mistakes selling him or selling him without replacing and I said he'd score well in Italy before leaving. He got 28 league goals in 66 for us.

Last edited:

Red_toad

Except Manchester United and Juventus agreed swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku and Paulo Dybala; it was Dybala who scuppered the deal.
No it wasn't it was his image rights that destroyed the deal, just like it did with Spurs.

izec

:lol:

What an emotional crybaby he turned out to be. From posting on instagram his upper body to silence the fatty rumours, to the speed test, and the various interviews. He is an embarrassment

fallengt

He's so full of himself.

Never saw a player with such big & fragile ego at the same time.
So glad that we fecking sold him.

Member 119614

He knows what he wants. I wouldn't like it here either if nobody respects you. Turns out he made the right choice by leaving the club.
We Utd fans are still in the make believe world that we actually matter as a football club. So we turn to bullying players when they have a poor game, we bully players who don't have the "utd dna" in their blood. Turns out we don't have any dna at all, since the club was bought by the Americans we're nothing but a business. Football doesn't matter and this story has surfaced several times the past year so it must hold truth.

It's not bad luck when top players turn to nobodies once they wear the Utd shirt, once they move on their true qualities shine (Di Maria, Falcao, Lukaku, Depay, Smalling), it's not because they have a poor attitude or that they are snowflakes, it's lack of structure, knowledge and arrogance by the board and the fans alike. I once criticized all these players myself, the past year I learned I was doing it wrong and I won't be making that mistake no more.

I don't like Mourinho's brand of football and he looks unsympathetic but Mourinho was right, his second place with utd was perhaps his biggest achievement. I therefore must apologize to him as I was wrong (yet again).
Let's all not make the same mistakes again and let's support the manager and the players for once instead of labelling them as spineless no good pieces of shit.

passing-wind

It's just a notion that any player can't play here. There's alot of pressure something that us fans can't imagine considering we aren't professional athletes. This is why Sir Alex was a fantastic manager in his time because he understood how to reach his players on an interpersonal basis, hence performers such as Ronaldo have regarded him as a fatherly figure.

Alabaster Codify7

He's probably the softest big lump i've ever seen in football.

However, he is a natural goal-scorer unlike any of the guys we were left with when the club decided not replace him. Our mistake wasn't selling him, it was not replacing/upgrading on him. We needed his fee for Maguire, that was much was so obvious to anyone not wearing red-tinted specs. The fee was stated for Maguire and as soon as Inter coughed up, we paid the fee for Maguire. We knew how much he would cost - Ed told Ole it was a striker or Maguire and not both. It's tough, because we needed both and it's shite that Ole had to choose because he was going to be hamstrung either way.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's the football equivalent of a coward

I remember Jose once saying players hide behind opposition so they weren't in a position to receive the ball (it was a game against Brighton IIRC) at the time I thought yeah he's describing his favourite Lukaku there but he couldn't possibly be referring to him given he was one of Jose's untouchables but you know what? I reckon Mourinho was talking about him

He hasn't got the mentality to achieve anything in the game, bet the likes of Hazard and De Bruyne hate having to play with him for Belgium

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Quickly realized he was out of his depth. Gasping for air wanted out. His first touch got amplified on the biggest stage possible.

We robbed inter for that money

DoomSlayer

This is actually incredibly disrespectful to the club and to Mourinho. It means he wasn't giving his all since the beginning of being at the club. Totally unprofessional behaviour, we paid this sack of shite a fortune, for fecks sake! :mad:

Canagel

Hes a big loser. I hope that we can meet with Inter in the Europa League and knock him out

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Quickly realized he was out of his depth. Gasping for air wanted out. His first touch got amplified on the biggest stage possible.

We robbed inter for that money
We may have left ourselves short selling him so late in the window but looking at the big picture the fact we got our money back (give or take) it was a job well done by the club

Member 119614

I keep reading, week after week, on how much Lukaku stinks, on how technically limited he is, on how fat he is and on how he never was worthy of wearing a Manchester jersey,...
Then I watch the team this season and as sad and frustrating as it might be, Lukaku was smart to leave...
Agreed. I once believed it myself because you know everybody can be influenced but I was wrong, most people here were wrong. Most won't admit it though...

This is actually incredibly disrespectful to the club and to Mourinho. It means he wasn't giving his all since the beginning of being at the club. Totally unprofessional behaviour, we paid this sack of shite a fortune, for fecks sake! :mad:
of course it was. Unfortunately for him, it was very obvious for everyone to see. A talented player could get by without giving his all - he couldn’t.

the most disappointing thing about Lukuku is that he gave up from day 1 - and it wasn’t because of the fans, it was because we gave him a platform (one he clearly didn’t deserve), and he thought we was suddenly a great player. When in fact, he’s actually got to Utd by putting in some good shifts that covered up his clear weaknesses. He was exposed.

Yagami

Good post resistant
And some of our fans still like and defend him.

Pogba and Martial get dogs abuse but have shown plenty of fight here, whilst this guy had everything built around him and gave up two games in.

I wonder if @haram was still here would be defend him still?

Tarrou

If another big club ever considers signing him they might think twice when they see stuff like this. It's par for the course for a striker at a top club to come under intense scrutiny.

DoomSlayer

of course it was. Unfortunately for him, it was very obvious for everyone to see. A talented player could get by without giving his all - he couldn’t.

the most disappointing thing about Lukuku is that he gave up from day 1 - and it wasn’t because of the fans, it was because we gave him a platform (one he clearly didn’t deserve), and he thought we was suddenly a great player. When in fact, he’s actually got to Utd by putting in some good shifts that covered up his clear weaknesses. He was exposed.
I actually can't believe he has said this bollocks out loud, what an absolute disgrace Lukaku is... People still supporting him on this forum should read this statement a few times and maybe tattoo it on their body if they still haven't changed their mind.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As I suspected, he planned his move a long time ago. It's not a coincidence that he went to Pastorella.

Revaulx

If you are not good enough people will call you. It's as simple as that. The issue is most of our players since Sir alex's retirement are content here. If there is a bit of pressure been put they crumble and start talking weird sh*t.
Really? I can’t recall any other players being so full of self-pity. Zaha apparently slagged off the club to his colleagues at Palace, but he didn’t go to the press despise having had genuine grounds to be pissed off. Matić maybe, though that seemed to blow over and could have been just something lost in translation.

Thepinhead

First he talks about how he has build a shield against racism then he goes on to say that after the second game at United he couldn't take the critisism of missing a chance. What and odd guy. Calling him a monkey is okay but questioning his finishing is out of order.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
And some of our fans still like and defend him.

Pogba and Martial get dogs abuse but have shown plenty of fight here, whilst this guy had everything built around him and gave up two games in.

I wonder if @haram was still here would be defend him still?
Has he been banned?