Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
best decision the club has made in 7 years (selling him that is)

one of the worst was buying him and that's on Jose

It was and equivalent of buying Jermaine Defoe, Darrent Bent or Andy Carrol.

Revaulx

I’d still like to know why the club took no action to get him slimmed down when he returned from the World Cup looking like a walrus.

DoomSlayer

I’d still like to know why the club took no action to get him slimmed down when he returned from the World Cup looking like a walrus.
Because we have no proper structure to oversee and help the manager, Ed fecking Woodward is making a bunch of the decisions that a real professional needs to be doing. It's a fecking mess but Lukaku is still a massive prick in all this, I couldn't imagine that I can dislike him more than before, but this is beyond anything I expected.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's the Kevin Durant of football. Not in terms of ability, but in terms of being unfathomably sensitive to critique.
Durant is something else, how can someone be that talented and that sensitive at the same time?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
probably too scared they might offend him, you can't just tell a sensitive flower like Lukaku he's got a weight problem

Because we have no proper structure to oversee and help the manager, Ed fecking Woodward is making a bunch of the decisions that a real professional needs to be doing. It's a fecking mess but Lukaku is still a massive prick in all this, I couldn't imagine that I can dislike him more than before, but this is beyond anything I expected.
players should have some self respect and self discipline. Fitness is a very basic criteria of being a professional footballer. Lukuku’s lack of fitness and fatness lies squarely with him.

crossy1686

career ending
Mentality of a loser.
Yep, this unfortunately. Makes a lot of sense as to why he goes missing in the big games, he bottles it. Can’t handle the expectation. As soon as he’s playing against bottom half of the table opposition or the team are already winning he bags a goal or two.

redIndianDevil

He talks too much, even when he was in Everton he was always on and on about playing in the CL and leaving for greener pastures.

stu_1992

Wow I said it before, I'll say it again, this guy just needs to learn to let his football do the talking. Haven't watched any games of him this season but he's got good stats so I assume Inter fans are happy and he's happy with his own form. Bringing this up now proves what exactly? Not sure what it tells me other than the fact he's weak-willed, something which he'll go out of his way to proclaim he isn't.

Revaulx

I’m afraid you’re right. Why also does the team bus arrive late for games so often? Presumably all part of the same lack of professionalism.

And yeah, Lukaku is a self-pitying prick.

Suedesi

He knows what he wants. I wouldn't like it here either if nobody respects you. Turns out he made the right choice by leaving the club.
We Utd fans are still in the make believe world that we actually matter as a football club. So we turn to bullying players when they have a poor game, we bully players who don't have the "utd dna" in their blood. Turns out we don't have any dna at all, since the club was bought by the Americans we're nothing but a business. Football doesn't matter and this story has surfaced several times the past year so it must hold truth.

It's not bad luck when top players turn to nobodies once they wear the Utd shirt, once they move on their true qualities shine (Di Maria, Falcao, Lukaku, Depay, Smalling), it's not because they have a poor attitude or that they are snowflakes, it's lack of structure, knowledge and arrogance by the board and the fans alike. I once criticized all these players myself, the past year I learned I was doing it wrong and I won't be making that mistake no more.

I don't like Mourinho's brand of football and he looks unsympathetic but Mourinho was right, his second place with utd was perhaps his biggest achievement. I therefore must apologize to him as I was wrong (yet again).
Let's all not make the same mistakes again and let's support the manager and the players for once instead of labelling them as spineless no good pieces of shit.
If anything United fans are too patient with players and managers - we've been carrying deadwood for far too long, they would be absolutely skewered at clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

As far the players you mentioned:
Di Maria: Never really wanted to be here, and used United as a stopgap until PSG's financial restrictions were lifted (FFP)
Falcao: Came to us after a serious knee injury, and wasn't ready. He was poor for Chelsea as well.
Memphis: Just wasn't ready for the jump and has admitted that himself
Smalling: Spent 9 years at United, and had ups and downs. Are you saying that in 4 months at Roma he's shown his true talent?

Come on mate

Suedesi

He's probably the softest big lump i've ever seen in football.

However, he is a natural goal-scorer unlike any of the guys we were left with when the club decided not replace him. Our mistake wasn't selling him, it was not replacing/upgrading on him. We needed his fee for Maguire, that was much was so obvious to anyone not wearing red-tinted specs. The fee was stated for Maguire and as soon as Inter coughed up, we paid the fee for Maguire. We knew how much he would cost - Ed told Ole it was a striker or Maguire and not both. It's tough, because we needed both and it's shite that Ole had to choose because he was going to be hamstrung either way.
This is true, unfortunately.

Irrational.

best decision the club has made in 7 years (selling him that is)

one of the worst was buying him and that's on Jose

It was and equivalent of buying Jermaine Defoe, Darrent Bent or Andy Carrol.
I'd liken him more to Benteke and his transfer to Liverpool. They paid an absolute fortune for him (at the time) for him to take him from Villa - he flopped spectacularly and they mugged Palace for most of his transfer fee back.

Alabaster Codify7

Please, please, please let us knock Inter out of the EL and let Old Trafford verbally slaughter this cnut.

Nice idea on paper, in practice I don't see that two-legged affair ending well for Ole.

More likely we'd have to see the infuriating sight of Lukaku shirtless 'applauding' our fans with a smirk.

ZupZup

I remember an interview with Andy Cole and he talked about how Brian Kidd spoke to him when he first joined from Newcastle and told him that just scoring 40 goals a season at United would not be enough. He soon realised he had to offer more than just goals and he became a far better all round player.

I think you either have the mentality to handle those demands and that sort of pressure or you don’t. Lukaku does not whereas Cole clearly did.

pacifictheme

I remember an interview with Andy Cole and he talked about how Brian Kidd spoke to him when he first joined from Newcastle and told him that just scoring 40 goals a season at United would not be enough. He soon realised he had to offer more than just goals and he became a far better all round player.

I think you either have the mentality to handle those demands and that sort of pressure or you don’t. Lukaku does not whereas Cole clearly did.
Andy Cole :drool:

Water Melon

Grown ass man was torn down after one year? Ffs, let's draw Inter in the Europa.

Manny

Grammar Police
Not surprised by his comments. Always struck me as someone who will fold mentally. So flipping glad he's gone.

Regardless of where we are, he wasn't the way forward.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Is he trying to sound sympathetic? Comes across simply as someone with a non-existent mentality. Incredible quotes.

RoyH1

What a sensitive and thin skinned individual. We have some of the most loyal and forgiving fans in the world. As long as give it your all in every game, we can overlook almost everything.

Just imagine this manchild somewhere like Barsa or even worse Madrid were 2 missed chances result in a storm of boos.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Praying we get Inter in the Europa now. Would love him to come back to Old Trafford so we can tell him what we really think :)

Prick.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
And here is some of the reaction on the caf after that West Ham game: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku-2017-18-performances.430573/post-21330858

He definitely got a lot of praise, so to say people were saying "yeah, but" is bull. Vast majority of the reaction was positive. Feels like he's the kind of person who doesn't pay much attention to the 99% of good, and zones in on the 1% or fewer that aren't so positive.
It's clear he's very sensitive about what's written in the media. The fact that he released United speed statistics says it all.

Lukaku sounds like a bit of prick as well.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
My bro just said that for someone so fat he couldn’t finish his dinner

Rashford
Arsenal: 8 apps, 2 goals
Chelsea: 6 apps, 3 goals
Liverpool: 6 apps, 3 goals
Man City: 8 apps, 3 goals
Tottenham: 6 apps, 3 goals

Lukaku's record just wasn't good against those sides. We struggle against the non-top six sides, but there wasn't going to be a situation where he'd stay just to play against the fodder.