Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Twingatz

This.

Nobody disputes the fact that he scores goals against the weaker sides. Even before coming to us, we knew that he was a flat track bully. Against top sides though, he's nowhere to be seen. We saw that against Barcelona, he was one of the main reasons they did not advances to the next stage of the CL. The number of chances he missed was crazy. They should have easily won that match.

Good luck to him, i have nothing against him. I don't mind him at all scoring, he has nothing to do with us now.

He was just so frustrating to watch when he was playing for us and i'm glad i'm not enduring that each week this year.

This is BS. Lukaku is on the path to win the Scudetto in Italy while with Rashford and Martial we are further away from winning the league or any significant trophy in England or in Europe as we think we are. The fact is the management here for a player like him was poor and looking at results like today you can see why we'll struggle and be nowhere close without significant improvements and a tried and true out and out striker.

Paul_Scholes18

We missed a player like him today. Martial played well in terms of creating chances for others, but noone was in the box to get the goals.
No idea what Ole and Woodward smoke this summer because they got this transfer wrong.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
We missed a player like him today. Martial played well in terms of creating chances for others, but noone was in the box to get the goals.
No idea what Ole and Woodward smoke this summer because they got this transfer wrong.
They failed in not replacing the donkey

marktan

He's doing well in Serie A but it 100% is a slower and less defensively tight league. Just watching the highlights from the 4-1 win over Genoa - he would not get the space to recieve the ball to feet with the defender backing off in the PL. He's not a bad player but he's not cut out at all for tight games with little space, getting 60 odd million for him is great business for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Lukaku is meaningless as a player for Uniteds squad and Manager.

He is only doing well because of the ability of Conte & for Conte - he has always used strikers like Lukaku and Morata. He doesn't care about a strikers technique as thats usually going to come from other areas in midfield and wider areas or usually a support striker or a CAM.

Lukaku wouldn't be good enough here with Ole. He wouldn't be good enough here just relying purely on Daniel James's crosses which are on the overrated, on the floor and a single point in the team whilst the rest of the team can't cross from wide positions seemingly more capable playing a centralised game if that.

Lukaku really really struggled with that.
If Conte was United manager then Lukaku would do well. Jose & Pochettino managing here would lead to Lukaku doing fine but would need to improve his ability to bring others in to play as a target man whilst nearly everyone in the whole squad would have to be changed to get the best out of Romelu Lukaku. Ole & his football doesn't suit Lukaku at all.

432JuanMata

I was all for letting him leave but not replacing him is one of our dumbest decisions of the last 6 years(there is plenty).
We really could do with him now against these small teams, he would offer ariel presence and would love James crosses.

RedStarUnited

This is BS. Lukaku is on the path to win the Scudetto in Italy while with Rashford and Martial we are further away from winning the league or any significant trophy in England or in Europe as we think we are. The fact is the management here for a player like him was poor and looking at results like today you can see why we'll struggle and be nowhere close without significant improvements and a tried and true out and out striker.
He is going to win the Scudetto cos Conte is a great league manager. Conte would challenge for the league with our squad too.

Guys id be damned if Rashford doesnt match or exceed any of Lukakus goal tallys with us. The guy was not great for us and we sold at an opportune time. Good riddance.

Member 90887

Let's see about the first part at the end of the year. They have the same number of point as Juve and they still have to play them away... The games between them will probably decide the scudetto. They already lost against them at home, in a game where Lukaku did nothing....Their away game against them will probably decide the scudetto and there's a bigger probability that Lukaku shits the bed as he did against barca than the other way around.

It was the right decision to sell him, no doubt about that, he would have just sulked here with Rashford and Martial preferred to him in the big games.

Not the right player for us at all. The mess was not replacing him. As multiple people said on here before. That's where we messed up.

Twingatz

Let's see about the first part at the end of the year. They have the same number of point as Juve and they still have to play them away... The games between them will probably decide the scudetto. They already lost against them at home, in a game where Lukaku did nothing....Their away game against them will probably decide the scudetto and there's a bigger probability that Lukaku shits the bed as he did against barca than the other way around.

It was the right decision to sell him, no doubt about that, he would have just sulked here with Rashford and Martial preferred to him in the big games.

Not the right player for us at all. The mess was not replacing him. As multiple people said on here before. That's where we messed up.
It may not, looking at some recent results from Juventus. The fact is that in a league you have to get as many points as possible and Lukaku can help them get points against many of the teams they are supposed to win. He is a good striker for a team that is looking for a title with the right support, something we don't have here currently. Rashford is not on his level. Rashford is a kick and rush merchant and Martial is a dribbling merchant.

Twingatz

I mean, I don't even rate Lukaku but he is on a different planet to Martial.
Exactly. Too many people think because Martial has a few tendencies better than Lukaku that he is a better player. Martial Doesn't have the attitude or tenacity that Lukaku has. One of them is the first on the team sheet of their national team while the other doesn't get a look in. One has over 100 Premier league goals and scored 20 in all season at the same age as the other. He may have not worked here but some people need to put respect on his name.

Paul_Scholes18

He has probably been reading too much about fans opinions. It is interesting if many players read this forum. I hope not, but it could maybe explain the form if they can't take the hate.
Lingard, Jones, Pereira and Young should stay away from this place as much as they can.

bonothom

I would take Conte as manager and he can bring Lukaku with him. Contes transformed Inter into title challengers in half the time that Solskjaer has had at United. That's what comes with having a top class manager with experience in managing the biggest clubs and winning multiple titles.

Paul_Scholes18

I would take Conte as manager and he can bring Lukaku with him. Contes transformed Inter into title challengers in half the time that Solskjaer has had at United. That's what comes with having a top class manager with experience in managing the biggest clubs and winning multiple titles.
Yeah I wanted Conte this summer, but it did sadly not happen. He has poor record in CL though.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He has probably been reading too much about fans opinions. It is interesting if many players read this forum. I hope not, but it could maybe explain the form if they can't take the hate.
Lingard, Jones, Pereira and Young should stay away from this place as much as they can.
That's totally what it is. I'm guessing that dude spends waaayyyy too much time reading things like the Caf. It probably helps being in Italy and not being able to understand 90% what is said about you online - seriously.

AshRK

If you are not good enough people will call you. It's as simple as that. The issue is most of our players since Sir alex's retirement are content here. If there is a bit of pressure been put they crumble and start talking weird sh*t.

SATA

Really? I thought he fell out with Pogba soon after? Quite noticeable they weren’t on speaking terms particularly on the pitch

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
When I first started out in the Premier League, I scored against West Ham and they said, ‘Yeah, but...’. Since then I imagined how it would feel to leave the club. One year at United erases the previous eight.”
Says it all about him. Second game in (first league game) and he wanted to leave rather than try to blot things out and strive to 'prove' people wrong.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
And here is some of the reaction on the caf after that West Ham game: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku-2017-18-performances.430573/post-21330858

Was very pleased with this signing and started as expected. He's just a top class striker, behind only Kane for me in the league. Such a clinical finish.
30 goals this season incoming. Beast player getting ready to activate beast mode.
Anyone else love how much he is loving being here?

One thing he was accused of at Everton was being a bit lazy and disinterested.. the fire and passion when he scored was awesome. Can't help but think he was in a bit of a rut there but now he realises this is his opportunity and he's not going to be a passenger.
If we had him instead of Zlatan we'd have been title contenders last season.
This is his bread and butter. Clinical and beastly.
I can't believe how many of you thought he wasn't that good, before and after he signed. Glad he's had such a good debut.
What a top striker.

We missed this kind of strikers since RVP, a striker that attacks almost every ball in front of him. Zlatan was great but not that type of striker, more of a playmaker striker or something like that.

Lukaku will be a great success here.

He definitely got a lot of praise, so to say people were saying "yeah, but" is bull. Vast majority of the reaction was positive. Feels like he's the kind of person who doesn't pay much attention to the 99% of good, and zones in on the 1% or fewer that aren't so positive.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s proved himself to be a rat time and time again, so this stuff doesn’t surprise me. He was literally twerking in the media for Antonio Conte whilst he was still our player in the final months of his contract.

Just another terrible transfer in what is a dark era of wilderness.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He has a point to prove, and he's proving it, albeit in a weaker league in a better functioning team.

18 goals and 3 assists this season so far. Conte must be reading out old caf posts to Lukaku before every game.

Still maintain it was a good call to sell him - he didn't have the technique or mentality to make it here. Our folly was not replacing him.

ash_86

It's our club that's being exposed!

Sell your best striker to a rival.... then again we are no longer rivals to Inter.
And it was the best decision ever. Take the money and run. Lukaku did not have what it takes to survive here. He could not handle the expectation.

It's our club that's being exposed!

Sell your best striker to a rival.... then again we are no longer rivals to Inter.
We got so lucky that Conte wanted the pie eater. If it wasn’t for Inter he would be out on loan somewhere and we would be consuming his wages, no one else would pay more than 40 million for him, he would be looking at a club like West Ham.

whilst that might seem outrageous as first...

. no one else in Italy bar Juve could afford him (he really was never going there, despite reports). Can you imagine Ronaldo and Lukuku!!

. Bayern, Dortmund could afford him - both wouldn’t want him, his not good enough for them. No one else in Germany.

. PGS - don’t make me laugh! No one else in France.

. Real, Barca, A Madrid - see above.

. no top club in the PL. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, City (that would have been brilliant), Liverpool (I would pay to see him there). West Ham or Everton would take him, and that would be his level.

His choices were slim, unlike him.

He’s the player version of David Moyes, struck gold getting a transfer to Utd, shown to be completely out of his depth, got rid, and now can’t shut up about the club.

average striker, inflated ego, poor professional (fat and unfit), big mouth. Players don’t like him, fans don’t like him - Rom that’s your legacy. See you in Turkey in 2 years.

Cloud7

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more weak minded, thin skinned player. It’s even funnier because of how much he spoke about how mentally tough he was.

R'hllor

Ball was bouncing of him like he is a concrete wall. Good at scoring goals but playing football, nope, its like passing to Bermuda triangle.

Suedesi

We got so lucky that Conte wanted the pie eater. If it wasn’t for Inter he would be out on loan somewhere and we would be consuming his wages, no one else would pay more than 40 million for him, he would be looking at a club like West Ham.

whilst that might seem outrageous as first...

. no one else in Italy bar Juve could afford him (he really was never going there, despite reports). Can you imagine Ronaldo and Lukuku!!

. Bayern, Dortmund could afford him - both wouldn’t want him, his not good enough for them. No one else in Germany.

. PGS - don’t make me laugh! No one else in France.

. Real, Barca, A Madrid - see above.

. no top club in the PL. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, City (that would have been brilliant), Liverpool (I would pay to see him there). West Ham or Everton would take him, and that would be his level.

His choices were slim, unlike him.

He’s the player version of David Moyes, struck gold getting a transfer to Utd, shown to be completely out of his depth, got rid, and now can’t shut up about the club.

average striker, inflated ego, poor professional (fat and unfit), big mouth. Players don’t like him, fans don’t like him - Rom that’s your legacy. See you in Turkey in 2 years.
Except Manchester United and Juventus agreed swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku and Paulo Dybala; it was Dybala who scuppered the deal.