Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

M Bison

Supports
York City
Was it the foul from Romagnoli that sparked the argument between them both? Seemed odd to escalate so much, unless I missed something, what prompted zlatan to get involved?

El Jefe

It’s been well documented why so many people dislike Lukaku.

why would any United fans actually like him as a player/ person? Interested to know.
I just think this thread is small time. I know he's not well liked but he's been a great signing for Inter so the level of activity in this thread just seems desperate.

If he was a flop, I could understand but he's banging in the goals for Inter. Laughing at him when he scored the OG in Europe is understandable but there are a few posters that are pretty much obsessed with him at this point, watching his every move to find a flaw.

Fluctuation0161

I just think this thread is small time. I know he's not well liked but he's been a great signing for Inter so the level of activity in this thread just seems desperate.

If he was a flop, I could understand but he's banging in the goals for Inter. Laughing at him when he scored the OG in Europe is understandable but there are a few posters that are pretty much obsessed with him at this point, watching his every move to find a flaw.
You don't need to watch his every move to find a flaw, to be fair. You can just have a quick glance. :lol:

Gazza

I don’t mean strikers as in attackers, I mean strikers as in strikers.

And of those, he is certainly near the best in the world. Perhaps when he retires, and his records then begin to speak for themselves, would he get some credit.

The same thing happens with Andy Cole. Never comes up in any conversations about great PL strikers, despite being the third all time goalscorer (and for a long time, he was second), without taking penalties either. He doesn’t have to be likes, but he has to be respected. And Lukaku would, and should, feel that he is in any conversation about top strikers in the game. He’s the fastest player to reach 50 goals for Inter, faster than R9, he’s his country’s record goalscorer, and has scored a couple hundred league goals and counting to go with it. He will be forever overlooked for whatever reason though. A lot of the specific criticisms I’ve seen applied to his game I’ve seen in Haaland’s game too, but nobody cares. In his case, we’ll just pay attention to the numbers. And this isn’t to say Haaland isn’t great or even better, I’m saying that the metrics applied are different. For most strikers, goals tends to be the key currency. Vardy does fexk all on the pitch but score (mostly from the spot), yet is never spoken about negatively.

As I said, ‘twice as hard’ for Lukaku in my opinion.
Players who haven’t done it at CL level will always be scrutinized more. No mystery there.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Agree with 100% people would love him to flop, he hasn’t and this thread is just desperate.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Lovely he scored. Hope he goes on to score the winner to make some of the bitter posters in here look like clowns.
I have more sympathy towards Lukaku with every page that gets added on to this thread.

ti vu

Whats all this about? Did they not get along at United?
They didn't.

It's rumored Zlatan actually confronted Lukaku about his first touch, and burned him. While it didn't erupt into something bigger, Zlatan got move on quickly as Mourinho had enough issues to defuse at that time.

SecondFig

Agree with 100% people would love him to flop, he hasn’t and this thread is just desperate.
Yep - I was annoyed about the way he talked about Utd when he was leaving (and since) but he's obviously been a reasonable success at Inter. Which is grand - I'd rather have Cavani, he'd rather be at Inter, let's all move on

ti vu

The other Lukaku clip sounds like Zlatan talked shit about his mother or at least that’s what lukaku thinks, which, if true warrants that reaction.
Zlatan made a reference with that "voodoo shit" liner. It's after Lukaku went to lock heads with Zlatan. So there might be something in between 2 events that Lukaku is not entirely innocent.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This thread is abmysal.

Lukaku is a fraud, yet his numbers are twice our striker..
I don't understand why people constantly bang on about his goals. That's one aspect of his game. He's pretty shocking at all other aspects.

If just goals mattered, the likes of Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe would be held in higher regard.

Fluctuation0161

Yep - I was annoyed about the way he talked about Utd when he was leaving (and since) but he's obviously been a reasonable success at Inter. Which is grand - I'd rather have Cavani, he'd rather be at Inter, let's all move on
People have moved on. Everyone is happy.

But 2 ex United players have just squared up. One of them, Lukaku, got called a donkey by an ex team mate. He also has the first touch of a donkey! Surely that is thread worthy!? :lol:

Andersonson

I don't understand why people constantly bang on about his goals. That's one aspect of his game. He's pretty shocking at all other aspects.

If just goals mattered, the likes of Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe would be held in higher regard.
You think Robbie Keane and Defoe were shit footballers?

I rate Robbie Keane pretty highly. Defoe was decent enough, they both kept a more than good enough premier league quality.

Lukaku is better than those two though.

And people cheering for Zlatan after calling him a donkey is weird as shit

padr81

Supports
Man City
It doesn’t sound good at all. Wonder how he will explain that one
For sure, I hope the wording is wrong and thats not what he said. It'd be a shame if he let himself down like that so late in his career but if it is there's gonna be a big inquest and he could be in trouble. Not to mention it would likely cost AC a potential titles because he's still one of the best players in the league.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

https://www.football-italia.net/165450/what-ibra-told-lukaku

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Ibra insulted Lukaku calling him ‘little donkey’.

"Go do your voodoo s***, you little donkey,” Ibra reportedly told Lukaku.

The Belgian striker hit back at his former Manchester United teammate after going face to face with him.

"F*** you and your wife, you want to speak about my mother?”

Red00012

There’s some obsession with Lukaku on here . He didn’t work out with us , he’s still a decent striker and has done well with Inter. Fair play to him. Please move on caf :D

mu4c_20le

I bet it was Big Rom who told him that story in the dressing room, and like schoolchildren he used it against him here :lol: